Buster Story Quests: How do you get help?

I am doing the story mode Buster Quests on a character, finishing up some stuff, and it allows a group, but I can't get one. My significant other can't even get in to help me, it says I'm not doing anything at all. Now I was under the impression that anyone who helps in a story Buster Quest essentially runs it as a Free Mode and not the story itself. If the other person has to be on the exact same step of the story, that makes this whole thing dumber than a box of rocks and would make Buster Quests the worst idea in MMO history. How does one get friends in on the Story Mode Buster Quests? Or is it that have to be on the exact same quest? In which case, so stupid. Episode 5 really was the worst. Playing through it again is like pulling teeth.

Story Buster Quests are considered Grade/Tier 1 iirc. Not many people will be running Busters anymore though, thanks to Level-Up quests (4th recommended.) As Buster Quests were mainly used for leveling up, rather than Buster Medals.

The Buster Quest Story quests don't have any cut-scenes. The cut-scenes for them are specifically in the quest before and after. This was done on purpose so you could simply skip them.

I think if your friends queue for a Free Match on the same block as you they will be matched with you even if you are not shown as joinable in the menu.

If not, the Free Match Buster Quests are soloable. It's been awhile since I've done it, but I think the only difference is that you're forced into an extra defend/attack phase because you can only defend one buster ram at a time.

Yeah, they aren't difficult to solo.

@janejana you really should be able to 500 points and defend both rams on the first attack phase. I solo free match on all my chars when buster quest is in the daily order to get 100k from the quest and the badges is enough to do a 10 SG trade in or 2 across all my chars.

It’s annoying to solo but not necessarily hard. Just watch out for those pesky laser towers and it’s a cakewalk!

How do you all get past your level being knocked down? I tried to do a Free Buster at Level 100 Phantom and couldn't defend anything. Actually, that is a trend I notice, I am awful at defense and defending points. I'm purely offensive. I can blow Grave Exegul apart solo but Buster Quests are insane. For me personally, I find trying to solo a Buster Quest to be as hard as Phaleg or Omega Masquerade. How do you defend the towers and rams solo? I can't do damage fast enough when my level is gimped down to 20/40/etc.

@BloodyKyona said in Buster Story Quests: How do you get help?:

How do you all get past your level being knocked down? I tried to do a Free Buster at Level 100 Phantom and couldn't defend anything. Actually, that is a trend I notice, I am awful at defense and defending points. I'm purely offensive. I can blow Grave Exegul apart solo but Buster Quests are insane. For me personally, I find trying to solo a Buster Quest to be as hard as Phaleg or Omega Masquerade. How do you defend the towers and rams solo? I can't do damage fast enough when my level is gimped down to 20/40/etc.

Hmm I don’t play Phantom but I’ve run it on several classes now. You need to be using any mobility techs, I personally use Safoie zero to get around faster. Get the towers first and spam mobility as much as you can to get to the other side. Collect crystals as much as possible at the start for the rams. It’s ok if one ram dies, you can try again if one survived. Your match might be longer but you can still beat it that way. I use my Dark Blast on the castle itself just to speed it up since it lowers my lvl.

Now if Free was the same difficulty as the STORY quest, I'd be happy. THAT was EASY. The Buster Towers are more or less invincible. I'll have to try it again, but even WITH my significant other, last time we tried we got crushed doing Free Buster as a duo. Wasn't much different than when we tried to duo the four-person Risk Realm (didn't realize just how impossible that would be).

Now if Free was the same difficulty as the STORY quest, I'd be happy. THAT was EASY. The Buster Towers are more or less invincible. I'll have to try it again, but even WITH my significant other, last time we tried we got crushed doing Free Buster as a duo. Wasn't much different than when we tried to duo the four-person Risk Realm (didn't realize just how impossible that would be).

Free solo mode only makes you guard two towers and take down one side of the barrier to kill the castle so it’s significantly easier than two-manning the full number of castles. I hate duo-buster, my husband and I can do it bit it’s a huge pain. We just wait for 1-2 more people.

@Milk said in Buster Story Quests: How do you get help?:

Free solo mode only makes you guard two towers and take down one side of the barrier to kill the castle so it’s significantly easier than two-manning the full number of castles. I hate duo-buster, my husband and I can do it bit it’s a huge pain. We just wait for 1-2 more people.

I've waited up to ten minutes and never seen anyone show up. I was under the impression Buster is well and truly dead. Is there a time of day for it? My play time is the middle of the night Pacific.

Is Duo Buster harder than Solo buster?

@Milk said in Buster Story Quests: How do you get help?:

I've waited up to ten minutes and never seen anyone show up. I was under the impression Buster is well and truly dead. Is there a time of day for it? My play time is the middle of the night Pacific.

Is Duo Buster harder than Solo buster?

I have better luck in the day rather than night unless it’s a weekend. I wait up to twenty minutes, sometimes lucky and there’s already people waiting. Might depend on ship as well. I’ve had same luck on ship 3 & 4 but haven’t tried on 1 or 2 yet. Middle of the night for you would be approaching early morning for me, it’s not a popular time for any content it seems. I even have to wait on UQ at that hour.

I think it is because my husband plays a non-mobile class, it’s easier if you both can get around easily.