Regarding abandonment in an Urgent Quest..

Looks like I had to blocklist another troll

Maybe they intentionally left the run, i tried doing stuff like that in the past when there is a single run UQ's to learn more how the boss fights.

I just sit back and take a toke if no one revives me when I drop. I always save my half scape doll until the very last moments in case I took a bad hit at the last minute. If they wanna make the UQ harder on themselves by not reviving me, no skin off my back. Except in Final Lament. That said, most gamers these days can't handle objectives, which is the main reason most do poorly on it. On that one, please just... don't even do it unless you can do it right. Primordial Darkness, however, has none of those problems. The only objective is to kill it, and during final phase, breaking armor pieces on the hand to activate at least Matoi's boost. PSA: Before the second phase, always talk to Matoi so her buff comes first.

fwiw, this last month I've had more DCs than I have throughout the entire year. It's still not a lot (like, 3 vs. 0) but I have also seen an uptick in DC complaints on Twitter/Reddit so maybe something's weird with the servers?

As for Moons/not reviving: I definitely hold off on rezzing right away in pugs at least, because it cuts down on multiple people using moons at the same time). Also I try to time atomizer use so i can benefit from the iframes so often that means waiting until some big attack happens to use it. IMO in a 12-man MPA you should expect to wait a bit before you're revived since it does mean someone has to interrupt their damage rotation to do so.

I only use moons if I can pick multiple people up at once since they’re so sparse. My first run when I died, I was picked up right away and I saw others being picked up just as fast. Absolutely zero issues from my runs so far on players being selfish but we do get a lot of deaths. I’ve learned the fight and my most recent run I didn’t die(yay!) but it’s still new so people are going to fumble.

So for Lament I’ve seen people bail left and right but not for Primordial. Even if people eat the floor they just tough it out and try not to get hit. I’ve seen a few “sorry”’s in the party chat during their floor time at the end when people are running out of moons and can’t revive right away. It seems like people are trying to be courteous at least in my runs.

@janejana said in Regarding abandonment in an Urgent Quest..:

fwiw, this last month I've had more DCs than I have throughout the entire year. It's still not a lot (like, 3 vs. 0) but I have also seen an uptick in DC complaints on Twitter/Reddit so maybe something's weird with the servers?

I want to say this is true. I've been DC'ing way more often since EP6 (again like you said it hasn't been much but I've been DC more than at launch).

I was also booted after the end of Primordial today (and a guildie too).

I can't even remember the last time I got DCed, I think I've always been pretty luck to not get DCed during UQs. I've only pugged the new UQ once, and it went pretty fine with not many deaths. The rest of the times I've done it was with my alliance and it's rare anyone dies, pretty decent clear times too.

@LazerRay said in Regarding abandonment in an Urgent Quest..:

The biggest issue is most random players never throw moons for any UQ, I have gotten to the point of yelling at them with a chat shortcut I made "Floored and Ignored".

I even try to get full alliance runs on TPD (since I can actually depend on them), but even that is a pain.

Yeah the thing is, we can only carry 5 moons. i usually run out of them by phase 2.

During Primordial Darkness, I refuse to use more than one Moon Atomizer in the first phase. I restrict myself by phase. I will only use one in the first phase, and only one in the second phase. The rest get saved for the final phase. And I always save my last for if my significant other is downed right before the boss is killed. If you have a problem with me doing it this way, tough luck.

If enough people leave, like at 8/12 or less, the remaining tend to leave and remake the room as the ones missing would make the overall run a lot slower than if you just re-made the room with 12/12