Regarding abandonment in an Urgent Quest..

So last night I was running TPD, and I don't know if it was intentional or not, but everyone slowly started leaving as they'd keep dying, I feel it may have been accidental cause they thought they could return to gateship. But then after it from 9, to 8, to 6, to 4, I realized people were just flat out leaving the run and we were halfway through Sodam already. It ended up being me and just one other person and with 38 minutes left to spare.

Please don't abandon your runs. It is very unsportsmanlike and completely drags down the rest of the MPA if people start leaving. It was extremely aggravating because our progress wasn't bad either for the amount of time we had before people started leaving. (I believe 45 to 47 minutes remaining?) Needless to say, it completely just ate away at booster time and left a bad taste in my mouth after that happened.

tl;dr: Don't abandon UQ runs, it's a negative domino effect in cases like this.

I usually get 10-11 minutes runs, what phase were you at the 47min remaining when people began leaving?

@ZENCHI said in Regarding abandonment in an Urgent Quest..:

I usually get 10-11 minutes runs, what phase were you at the 47min remaining when people began leaving?

We were I think halfway through Sodam where he does his phase shift and utilizes all elements at once? I don't know if there's a formal name for that part. We were fighting him for a little bit before I realized there was 9 people and it was slowly dwindling.

That's strange, it wasn't that bad of a run.

@ZENCHI I know right? It was so frustrating seeing the MPA number slowly drop. 😞

Not every time someone leaves the MPA is because the player in question "abandoned" it. Sometimes the game just kicks you out and ofc. there's no way to get back in even if you wanted to. This also seems to be a problem unique to PSO2, I never have these issues when I play e.g. GW2.

I think people just get embarrassed/frustrated from dying too much and leave, like they feel they’re a waste of moons. Someone in my party started out really trying and after the 15+(I lost track) death they just hid in the corner to avoid being hit instead. I’ve definitely had older UQ runs of that happening too but they just left after so many deaths. It’s unsportsmanlike but maybe they feel they’re costing the group too many moons.

@Milk said in Regarding abandonment in an Urgent Quest..:

and after the 15+(I lost track) death they just hid in the corner to avoid being hit instead

Was having a shitty day until I read this. Thanks for the laugh.

Problem is when you die the first option the game presents you with would usually be return to campship but since that is not possible in this UQ it means that people probably pressed it by accident and it kicked them out. I can agree this is not very good for anybody but it happens. We just gotta hope people get used to the UQ not letting them do that sooner rather than later.

@ZENCHI said in Regarding abandonment in an Urgent Quest..:

and after the 15+(I lost track) death they just hid in the corner to avoid being hit instead

Was having a shitty day until I read this. Thanks for the laugh.

I didn’t check their gear but they literally died from any hit, like getting swatted like a fly. I genuinely felt so bad for them, they were over their head for sure.

well we got this UQ recently so is obvious that most players still don't know how the mechanics works here with not being possible to go back and how to not die from the tons of one hit KOs that Primordial Darkness has but there's also people that will notice that many had leave and will do the same for knowing that will take too much time.

so in the moment what you can do is wait and have patience that some of these issues will stop happening when players learn how this UQ works.

There are some people getting DCed during the new UQ. Don't always assume everyone leaves. I'm sure some will due to a variety of reasons, but it isn't all of them.

The biggest issue is most random players never throw moons for any UQ, I have gotten to the point of yelling at them with a chat shortcut I made "Floored and Ignored".

I even try to get full alliance runs on TPD (since I can actually depend on them), but even that is a pain.

I think people just get embarrassed/frustrated from dying too much and leave, like they feel they’re a waste of moons. Someone in my party started out really trying and after the 15+(I lost track) death they just hid in the corner to avoid being hit instead. I’ve definitely had older UQ runs of that happening too but they just left after so many deaths. It’s unsportsmanlike but maybe they feel they’re costing the group too many moons.

I however have never seen anyone care one bit if they die multiple times, even when people run out of moon atomizers. They just lay there until the end, and there's usually someone who was saving moon atomizers to help those dirt humpers get up again to pick up the loot.

@LazerRay Why should i waste my stuff on dead weight? Perhaps the mission might end a little faster, but i'm not in a rush.