[NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time

@Miraglyth said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

Hold up, did CBT2 have English language options available? I saw a few streams and recordings and the only players to mention English options said they weren't there. Maximillian Dood for instance said Sega gave him a cheat sheet for the most important menus.

If JP CBT2 didn't have English, I'm guessing the Global CBT will and that alone would need another build. Edit: Or a concurrent build with different launch flags or something, but if they had that ready for CBT2 why wouldn't they have allowed players the ability to set it?

Well, when I say the same build as the JP CBT2, I mean, a branch of that build that is translated.

@Ezodagrom said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

Hold up, did CBT2 have English language options available?

Well, when I say the same build as the JP CBT2, I mean, a branch of that build that is translated.

I won't mire the chat with the technicalities of branches and builds, but that basically surmises they created a mirrored English-language version of the JP CBT2 build either concurrently with or immediately consecutively to the build they used for CBT2, for the purposes of providing to the Global audience unaltered.

I'm not sure that's the most sensible of approaches - if for example they discovered bugs or made adjustments to improve issues that would adversely impact the quality of feedback received from the Global CBT in the almost two months it'll be between JP CBT2 and Global CBT, would they really be so inflexible as to stick to a build with known flaws?

@Miraglyth Hmm... I guess at best the EN CBT will be a translated JP CBT2 with additional minor fixes. After all, even the CBT2 was just the CBT1 with minor fixes as well.

Creating a new beta build for EN based on the more recent dev versions would result in having to adapt the more recent versions to the locked beta scenario (having to change a more recent build to lock out content such as story, new areas that weren't accessible in the JP CBTs and the weapon types that were announced in the prologue 2).

So the CBT signups for an NA-based server occur between 10:00 AM for West Coast and 1 PM for East Coast on a Wednesday? Is this beta exclusively for NEETs and Europeans or something? Because there's literally no hope for anyone who actually has a work schedule. This time slot is utterly insane.

Yeah I'm not too happy that Xbox has been excluded entirely. I've seen a few people say "Revenge for last year" and such but I really don't agree with that mindset.

I doubt that's the case. The more likely scenario is that NGS is being developed on PC platforms first (Like PSO2 was), and will be ported to the consoles later on during it's development cycle.

It's way more important that they get a working foundation down first on the game's native platform, than it is trying to test it out on multiple platforms at once. That said - using the Xbox Live Insider App for sign ups is kind of a boneheaded move but..well.. Microsoft does own the publishing rights to the game here in the States so..

And the first-come, first-serve thing I'm torn on. On the one hand, it's nice to see a developer not paying lip service to the streaming community for what's supposed to be a testing process.. But as others have said - a lotterybased system works a lot better to get a bunch of people, hard core and casual alike, into the testing proccess.

Doing it first come, first serve, kind of dilutes the testing pool to the most hardcore audience that's going to be sitting there waiting for the app to refresh and immediately join in. But hey, if this, at the very least, stress tests the servers, then there's some positive feedback to take away from it. Hopefully.

@Blade-Syphon said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

I doubt that's the case.

Oh it's surely not the case! Sorry, I was being unclear. I didn't mean Sega taking revenge, more PC players I don't agree with saying they get some revenge.

I just think it's petty and divisive, and I hope Global does the rewards differently so all Xbox players (alongside the PC ones that either don't sign up in time or can't / don't apply at all) aren't unfairly deprived of them.

@Miraglyth Best case scenario would be an open beta for all platforms shortly before launch that gives out the same rewards as the closed beta.

Good luck with that. With his PSO2 beta was ran the other systems that play NGS won't get a beta. It'll just be a launch.

They'll likely give some of the CBT rewards to the public just like with pso2. Probably keep some exclusive like the Photon Ring A, B and C from PSO2 CBT.

@Ezodagrom said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

@Miraglyth Best case scenario would be an open beta for all platforms shortly before launch that gives out the same rewards as the closed beta.

That's item 3 on the list in the OP, yeah. Kuon shared the idea of using open beta as a redistribution opportunity.