[NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time

@Zeke said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

@Milk said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

Catching up on reading!

They didn’t need incentives in the first place, people just want to play. The invites should hopefully go to players who will actually do their job and report bugs, give feedback, ect. The reward is helping your favorite game improve, making it a better experience at launch.

I’ve participated in a few closed betas in the past, some I got stuff for, others nothing. It really made no difference, the items were pretty boring trinkets usually.

From what I recall in-game during the pso2 CBT for Global almost all players I ran into participated due to the rewards. Had it not been for those I doubt we would of had that many people test it.

That’s kind of disappointing.

You should be signing up for a Closed Beta Test to actually help make sure the game launches in a workable state, not so you can get some useless trinket. The little accessory and stamp are a thank you for being part of the testing process, that's all.

I think you'll live if you don't get a stupid rappy earing and a stamp by not being part of the testing process. The second Prologue (if you actually bothered to watch the entire thing) made it very clear that the game is getting a rather large amount of important feedback on what needs to change, what isn't working , and what they're working on to be tested in the next testing phase.

As long as the testing process remains solid going into the next, and future, tests, then I'm perfectly content not being part of the process and getting some stupid little accessory. I'm worried too many people are focused entirely on the stupid rewards, and not actually testing the game, but thankfully, that's not the case.

So again - you'll live without getting some pointless accessory and stamp. There are still plenty of people giving actual feedback in the testing process, and I imagine that'll increase further once we get the Global CBT. As long as that doesn't change course, then the game's going to launch in a better state than it would have otherwise.

Also, 12 hours of being miserable because of a cosmetic in a video game, seriously? You don't find that just a little big cringey?

@Ryoga said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

If there are special rewards then they should go to everyone who applied. Getting to play the actual thing and having your feedback heard should be "special treatment" enough for those who end up getting chosen.

@Miraglyth said in [NGS CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

Consider giving invite priority to ARKS whose first PSO2 character was created on or shortly after 27 May 2020. I detest unfairness of any kind

Well that sounds unfair to me, there were many people who had to wait for the official "global" release before they could play PSO2 (which also means that they were missing out on several MPs) so why should those who could at least play the game (or anyone else for that matter) get priority treatment here?

Agreed not my fault that I had to wait for an official Global release. Heck I tried 6 times to get into the Japanese CBT and nothing. I don’t care much for the rewards (they are nice and all) but I just wanted to get a feel for the game and to help find issues with the game. So why me who never had issues with PSO2 and never submitted a bug report cause of that and being a Global player must suffer for it?

So here's the point in time today that I went from happy and relaxed to legitimately miserable in about 30 seconds of disbelief and horror. It's 12 hours on and I'm still struggling to think. I went offline for most of the day and have just not wanted to do anything. I haven't even been able to finish watching Prologue 2. I've tried four times now and walked away every time.

My dad Phil Spencer works for Microsoft, but I didn't get invited to the CBT. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined! 😠

I think it was pretty foreseeable that you would get this kind of response. If i get in, you can have mine.

@Blade-Syphon said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

You should be signing up for a Closed Beta Test to actually help make sure the game launches in a workable state

Absolutely! And let that never be in question. We're on the same page here. 👍

@Blade-Syphon said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

The second Prologue (if you actually bothered to watch the entire thing) made it very clear that the game is getting a rather large amount of important feedback

Yep! I already pointed out it was over 11 minutes just on that. It's nice to see you agree.

@YagyuChan said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

So why me who never had issues with PSO2 and never submitted a bug report cause of that and being a Global player must suffer for it?

I feel that particular suggestion may have been slightly misinterpreted; it's not saying anyone who hasn't submitted a bug ticket, Bug Report forum topic or similar should be completely excluded and prevented from applying in the style of PC in February 2020.

That'd actually be a silly idea; limiting participants in this way would not only reduce the tester pool to a number that is probably too small a sample size to be meaningful (and a fraction of what it could otherwise be - it wouldn't fill any quota!) but also skew the sources of feedback too heavily towards those who naturally fault-find. It'd magnify negative response and the report rate of relatively minor matters.

It's important to get a broad selection of player types, ideally as representative of the eventual player base as it could be. But, those who report bugs they come across are probably such a tiny minority that a random selection with a limited quota risks eliminating them and that's not ideal either. I'm confident that identifying and inviting them would have a minimal impact on the rest of the random-selection process for the vast majority.

Edit: Still, when it comes to rewards in particular, that minimal impact is why it was placed so low on a list in descending order.

@Macmaxi said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

I think it was pretty foreseeable that you would get this kind of response. If i get in, you can have mine.

I'm a big fan of the sentiment! 👏 But you don't need to be generous to a stranger like that. If you get in, enjoy both the beta itself and its rewards as a symbol of the testing output you'll provide!

And don't worry about some of these responses. Folks were saying way worse stuff last year. 😅 This place has actually chilled out a lot since then.

The forum used to be worse? 😧

I was bored enough to go through some of the older posts and apparently some users stalked others and made charts about their activity time so there you go.

@Zeke

"I don't care" isn't a stance in an argument or a counter point against their position. It's just being needlessly argumentitive and borderline provoking when you deminish by calling it "not a big deal."

@Ryoga said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

I was bored enough to go through some of the older posts and apparently some uses stalked others and made charts about their activity time so there you go.

That’s absolutely nuts, glad I wasn’t here for that!

Do you people really care about some useless trinkets from CBT? I thought getting to play the game a bit early is rewarding enough, but I don't feel like filtering and prioritizing players with some arbitrary standards is a good idea. Simply make a bigger CBT. I hope the ratio of CBT size to active NA playerbase will be better than with the Japanese CBT.

@Knight-Raime said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

@Zeke

"I don't care" isn't a stance in an argument or a counter point against their position. It's just being needlessly argumentitive and borderline provoking when you deminish by calling it "not a big deal."

He's a known PSO2 corporate apologist tbh

@XBOX552 said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

@Knight-Raime said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

@Zeke

He's a known PSO2 corporate apologist tbh

Really? How does saying what I said make me a shill? Get off your high horse.

As I said before:

Rewards exist because people wouldn't help test otherwise. A carrot on a stick that's needed. If the complaints are against the cosmetics then the people are adopting the wrong idea about CBT.

Want it to stop? Convince people to start beta testing WITHOUT a reward as an incentive.

Don't use meanings when you clearly don't know what they mean. @XBOX552

@Milk Yeah the forum used to have a really big pedophile problem, luckily the two biggest offenders no longer post or are just a lot more quiet on their new alt accounts.

@Hooonter said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

Do you people really care about some useless trinkets from CBT?

Miraglyth just has severe FOMO, so bad that it ruins his entire day and mentally destroys him weeks before anything might happen.

@Miraglyth said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

its rewards as a symbol of the testing output you'll provide!

Yeah it's almost as if that's exactly what the rewards are for and so it only makes sense to give it to the people who get into the beta and fulfill the tasks needed to get them, which in turn tests the game.