[NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time

Some here are really getting serious about something we don't know about yet. And even if there is some sort of reward, that's kind of a long running thing, to reward players who have participated in betas. You know, it's not always about just getting players to come to a beta test for valuable feedback, rather more for devs to see how stable the game is, having many players in one place. What's probably most important for global, is how well the servers run and the translation of text. I doubt we will have much feedback we give immediately changed, which jp won't already have prioritized.

@Zeke said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

Want it to stop? Convince people to start beta testing WITHOUT a reward as an incentive.

Just to cut off the risk of the discussion looping, this verbatim was already responded to and deconstructed here.

@Laep said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

it's almost as if that's exactly what the rewards are for

The above link covered this too.

To help with a shorter version: Rewards that are highly worthwhile without being unique (AC, gold tickets, dozens of possible ease-of-life paid benefits like permanent inventory expansions) would unquestionably still accomplish this without the drawback of upsetting a lot of uninvited applicants.

@shadonic-0 said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

Some here are really getting serious about something we don't know about yet.

Because after they are announced the objection becomes "You should have objected before they were announced." It can't be both ways! ๐Ÿ˜›

@shadonic-0 said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

I doubt we will have much feedback we give immediately changed, which jp won't already have prioritized.

I have higher hopes than that. Stability, stress-testing and translation could all be caught by an open beta and they've already done a lot with feedback from the first JP CBT with probably more of the same to come this weekend with the second one. If we get a similar task set with a matching survey, I think we can be reassured they'll take the same care with our feedback (or at the very least use it to confirm it's broadly in-line with JP preferences, which is of course still valuable).

The response wasn't towards you, but the one who called me a shill. He clearly didn't read the rest of the discussion. I even @ the person to avoid confusion.

@Zeke said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

The response wasn't towards you

I know, but since it was a repeat sentence which I had already built upon, I wanted to eliminate the risk of discussion rewind.

@Milk Yeah the forum used to have a really big pedophile problem, luckily the two biggest offenders no longer post or are just a lot more quiet on their new alt accounts.

I just saw that thread of players screeching at each other for several pages over a CM glitch and I honestly thought the forum couldnโ€™t be any worse, but man thatโ€™s just plain horrifying.

The purpose of the rewards is basically....a "Reward" for the beta testers to test and give feedback. Pretty much common sense here. Not everyone is going to get in, it's a test server, not a live server. Only a batch will be chosen. The only actual way to make you happy and others would to be for them to have an OBT as well with the same rewards.

Closed Beta Testing from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...

@Miraglyth I know this is pretty rich coming from me, but those two really jumped down your throat.

@Miraglyth Miraglyth sweetie the worlds not going to end if you don't get your hands on the rappy earring or whatever other little trinket there may be ๐Ÿ™‚ It'll be OK

I have to ask do you swear by the fedora in real life too or is it more of a warning coloration type deal for other users on forums?

@Kuon said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

The only actual way to make you happy and others would to be for them to have an OBT as well with the same rewards.

I mean, the opening post lists three ways and two mitigations. That suggestion fits into item 3 of the former, so we're on the same page there. ๐Ÿ‘

I have to ask do you swear by the fedora in real life too or is it more of a warning coloration type deal for other users on forums?

This isn't really on-topic and I'm aware the question was more likely aggression than curiosity (Edit: Withdrawn! See below), but since you asked about real life I should confirm that's my actual hat! It's made a few appearances on this forum and Twitter too. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Miraglyth I mean I think you're really stupid and annoying often but I was actually curious if you wore fedoras IRL. Nice PSO1 collection, I'll have to dig mine out of the moving boxes and size up against you sometime.

@Miraglyth

Wow the hat is real! I like the feather, you could be a bard. My husband has a big hat with a feather too.

Nice PSO1 collection, I'll have to dig mine out of the moving boxes and size up against you sometime.

Thanks! But to help save you the time: I'm sure you'll have more since I don't own any Gamecube or Xbox versions.

but I was actually curious if you wore fedoras IRL

@Milk said in [NGS Global CBT] Suggestions to be less unfair this time:

Wow the hat is real!

Yep! And apologies to Laep. I've edited the speculation above to retract (but admit the prior existence of) that sentiment.

To try and return to the topic, I'll update item 3 to include Kuon's suggestion of using OBT as a way to redistribute limited rewards.

Hello all! The concerns expressed herein will be brought up to the PSO2 Team for discussion. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Thanks for that. I hope the itemised list is useful. ๐Ÿ™‚