"Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.

@Milk That's what "cooperation" is all about in multiplayer games. Never claimed i was better than them, i only said it was funny, to me. The sooner they make solo versions for all UQs, the sooner nobody has to deal with random asshats like me.

@Yggranya said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

@Milk That's what "cooperation" is all about in multiplayer games. Never claimed i was better than them, i only said it was funny, to me. The sooner they make solo versions for all UQs, the sooner nobody has to deal with random asshats like me.

Why is it funny, though? There’s always at least 1-2 people trying their hardest in these UQ and having to carry everyone. Those people aren’t going to understand why you stopped DPSing, they just know there’s one less person they can count on to finish the run before they run out of moons. That isn’t fair to them. You have the gear and the ability to DPS. Say something if you must, like “don’t res AFK” but do your part. Leechers annoy me too but that doesn’t mean we just give up and become a part of the problem.

@Milk It's not like they are going to stop if i say anything since usually people like this are there with 1-3 friends who make sure they don't get kicked and jump down anyones throat who draws attention to it. If everyone who does something in the group would stop attacking and would let the lazy ones trip over each other, then they might leave or change their ways (yeah, right). The developers sure as hell aren't going to do anything about it, so the players are the only once who could, but since this problem is as old as multiplayer games, nothing will change. Nothing at all. I'm just done, and so i might as well get what little enjoyment i can out of it.

@Milk It's not like they are going to stop if i say anything since usually people like this are there with 1-3 friends who make sure they don't get kicked and jump down anyones throat who draws attention to it. If everyone who does something in the group would stop attacking and would let the lazy ones trip over each other, then they might leave or change their ways (yeah, right). The developers sure as hell aren't going to do anything about it, so the players are the only once who could, but since this problem is as old as multiplayer games, nothing will change. Nothing at all. I'm just done, and so i might as well get what little enjoyment i can out of it.

I’ve pointed out AFKers before, there’s still the rest of the group who probably doesn’t want to waste their moons. Sure there’s aggressive and rude players but you’ve got to chance it sometimes, it’s better than resentment right? There’s both joy and misery in online games, that sense of comradely from getting a great group who works together and that bitter feeling from dragging a group of slackers to their loot. I think if they added solo version I’d still play both because people acting like a real team makes victory feel sweeter.

Last night for Primordial, people stopped and congratulated each other. I wouldn’t get that from solo.

I understand you feel forced to play with others and you don’t really want to so I hope you just get more of the good runs.

just ignore him lol he's a lost cause n u probly wont see him in ur game.

@Milk If there was the solo version, i would never again suffer through multiplayer, and it would be the greatest thing the developers ever did, or the least they could would be to remove them from ARKS/daily mission. I can admit that on ship 3 there are more groups (yes, groups even! Imagine my surprise.) where people play the game compared to ship 4 where there basically were none, but i'd still prefer to do it solo. And before someone says "you can do it solo", yes, but it's not designed for solo, so it drags on a little. I don't find any enjoyment from interacting with other people, so if they do what they are supposed to do, then that's just what i'd expect. If not, then screw 'em. "Comradery" Pfft...

@Choi Yes, i think this back and forth has run its course.

@Yggranya

I see. Quick question, and you don’t have to answer if it’s too invasive but do you not like interacting with people in general or just games? I like UQ because I get that sense of community but it’s less pressure to talk to people vs in the lobby when I’d prefer just to talk to my loved ones. I don’t join triggers for that reason.

@VanillaLucia said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

@NuclearPenguin A lot of the older Emergency Quests did have a "risk" such as a failure state such as Deus Esca's original run or the Black Dragon/Black Fellwyrm having an incapacitation limit. Over time due to the nature of the average player base you really wanted to run these in Expert Matching because Deus Esca had a DPS check that the average party could not clear (where you at least had a chance in Expert Matching) and bosses like the Black Fellwyrm were brutal with random players who would eat up the three incapacitations to fail the quest for everyone.

-snip-

I wish they reran Dragon again and add the other Trigger-only UQs. Add a module drop for all of them then it'll be good! I miss waiting for the rematch after every UQ, like with Dragon and Esca. Really fun. A shame it moved to just dropping the 4man triggers.

@Milk I've just decided to never do UQs again. The dailies aren't worth that much, and the ARKS tier missions just make the pass go a little faster. It'll be better if i ignore them. Not worth it.

@Milk I've just decided to never do UQs again. The dailies aren't worth that much, and the ARKS tier missions just make the pass go a little faster. It'll be better if i ignore them. Not worth it.

Fair enough, it’s just a game, afterall. Play it the way you find the most enjoyment.

If all your public games are bad, you're the problem.

@Matt Huh? Was to a response to me?

I actually enjoy this quest, I consider it my "live target shooting range". XDDD Me (and Risa best gurl) always look forward to it, haha. My fun personal objective is trying to destroy as many targets there as possible from as far a range as possible before my melee teammates get to them LOL.

@Charus said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

@Matt Huh? Was to a response to me?

It's a general response to the swathe of players who sit around complaining about public games and other players constantly. There is no content so difficult or requires teamwork to such a degree that you cannot "carry" almost every quest in this game.

If you're truly contributing your fair share to Urgent Quests, you won't be sitting around gear checking people, watching how they play, taking screenshots and slating them later about it, because you're too busy actually trying your best to make sure the run can be as smooth as can possibly be.

Rather than sitting around blaming other people, consider what you can do better to make these runs go better. Sure, there's only so much one person can do, but you'd be very surprised how much difference one person can actually make in these quests. Think about how other people play and work around that.

For example if we take the Lament Urgent Quest, I have never, ever in my life gotten 2-runs of this quest in public games. Sometimes it's been close, but I do my best to make it as smooth as possible. How? I follow the below:

Area 1: Focus entirely on the flybys and mobs -- do not use the turrets to get the ships as other players will most likely do that, until there's nothing to do except turrets. You should always do the part which is not "standardized" (i.e. don't do turrets, AIS, etc), since if you're going in believing public players are useless, your best strength is to use it where it matters.i

Generally you should always ignore bosses too, as they are a magnet for most players (this was my rule of thumb in public Mining Base as well - I never fought bosses, I let everyone else do that). This means at the Fal Vibras spawn, you are best getting the Goldrahdas behind it.

For the final spawn as well, I always cast Julius Nifta to gather the enemies and blind the El Scudo to stop it from casting Deband. This speeds this final spawn up a lot.

The above usually means that area 1 does not take more than 5 minutes in any public run.

Area 2: In section 1, never get the middle as the jump pad is once again a magnet for most players. Left-route tends to be the least taken, so you should be doing that one ideally. As before, ignore guns, there's always people who get those.

In section 2, I go right and focus on the enemies there. Most players seem to completely ignore the enemies and get the Cassadors only, which slows the run down, so I just let other people do that while I kill things. If 3-4 people go right, I go north to get the bosses instead.

In section 3, I always bring some sort of tool to burn (Rafoie on tech classes, some sort of Burn TMG on others). Burning Exegul will make the vast majority of runs kill at least Exegul, usually always both, but sometimes it fails. No big deal if it does though.

At this point, getting into Area 3 usually takes no longer than 10 minutes in any public run.

Then for area 3, you just beat up the photoners! You'll be done by 13-14 minutes at maximum.

If it's taking longer, rather than scanning other players and putting them down, consider what you can do to speed the runs up next time. Maybe you didn't do too well at the bosses, maybe you should have gone a different route, maybe a different class would be better, maybe you can upgrade your gear for the next time, who knows.

But if your immediate response is to slate all the other players because you're "clearly a good player" and it's obviously the other players bringing you down, you are not a good player. Good players do not need to bring other people down to prove that they're good. Good players focus on themselves instead of disparaging others. If you want to be a good player, try acting like one instead of a whiny little keyboard warrior.