"Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.

@Vashzaron I play Fi/Hu with automate build. My rings I use is Mag excite, slow fi ring, DS ring, and leaping dodge.

So yes there's really no room unless I remove leaping dodge for a atomizer lover ring.

I haven't had a run for TPD go past 18 minutes, and that was a run where we got the wing beats.

And for Mourning, past the 2nd day I haven't seen a group fail to kill Fodrus and Execour or go beyond the 14 minute mark. Absolutely I have no doubt if the stars align you could suffer a bad run. But I've been in general pleasantly surprised with the quality of NA puggies. A few good players will go a long way as well, so make sure you yourself know your ins and outs before calling other people stupid.

@Matt said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

Also public runs are fine. We did 4-run Lament earlier -- the trick to getting good pug runs is to bring your own best and make sure you're doing your absolute best, because if you're settling, why should the others have to carry you? My Primordials in public games are 15 minutes at most too, usually faster. I personally play Ranger for Primordial because Blight Bullets are very cool and Ranger also shreds it.

Doing your very best is all i ask, and even that is too much in pugs. So when it sometimes gets painfully obvious, i step back and watch how they embarrass themselves. You are, of course, free to "carry" them if you wish, but i sure won't. Which is to say, public runs sure as hell are not fine.

@Yggranya said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

Also public runs are fine. We did 4-run Lament earlier -- the trick to getting good pug runs is to bring your own best and make sure you're doing your absolute best, because if you're settling, why should the others have to carry you? My Primordials in public games are 15 minutes at most too, usually faster. I personally play Ranger for Primordial because Blight Bullets are very cool and Ranger also shreds it.

Doing your very best is all i ask, and even that is too much in pugs. So when it sometimes gets painfully obvious, i step back and watch how they embarrass themselves. You are, of course, free to "carry" them if you wish, but i sure won't. Which is to say, public runs sure as hell are not fine.

You can leave, but there is a limit. Too many results in a temp ban.

@Zeke said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

Why should i leave? If they want to play clowns, that's their business. What is really funny is when someone notices that i'm watching and then they go out of their way to try and draw attention to it. Adorable considering why i'm standing there in the first place. Always makes my day.

Standing around and not contributing in a UQ is also considered abandonment, the last I'd heard. You might want to be careful about that.

How many times is too many for bailing on an UQ? I had to do it twice this month because of irl stuff, now I’m worried. 😞

@Zeke said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

Why should i leave? If they want to play clowns, that's their business. What is really funny is when someone notices that i'm watching and then they go out of their way to try and draw attention to it. Adorable considering why i'm standing there in the first place. Always makes my day.

So you admit you are WORSE than leeches. I despise leeches but at least, as bad as they are they at least do something. I'd unironically take a leech with an ungrinded dim weapon and units over a good player with good gear who does nothing but stand there.

You complain that public runs are not fine, which I totally agree with, but you are arguably contributing more to one sucking than a leech.

@Raydas said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

So you admit you are WORSE than leeches. I despise leeches but at least, as bad as they are they at least do something. I'd unironically take a leech with an ungrinded dim weapon and units over a good player with good gear who does nothing but stand there.

You complain that public runs are not fine, which I totally agree with, but you are arguably contributing more to one sucking than a leech.

I might be incorrect here but I believe they mean that they stop to check peoples gear, and then continue afterwards, not that they just completely stop fighting for the entire urgent.

@NIC If that's the case then yeah, that's totally fine.

@Raydas If it makes you feel worse, it's fun for me. Maybe they report me for it, maybe they don't. I'll keep doing it regardless. Trying to "shame" someone in an attempt to make them change their ways over the internet is pretty sad though.

@NIC Yes, you are incorrect. I check their gear and if they contribut nothing, why should i? Not like UQs can fail anyway and most of them can be done only once, so nobody is missing out. It's just more entertaining than doing your best to help lazy people get rewarded.

@Raydas If it makes you feel worse, it's fun for me. Maybe they report me for it, maybe they don't. I'll keep doing it regardless. Trying to "shame" someone in an attempt to make them change their ways over the internet is pretty sad though.

@NIC Yes, you are incorrect. I check their gear and if they contribut nothing, why should i? Not like UQs can fail anyway and most of them can be done only once, so nobody is missing out. It's just more entertaining than doing your best to help lazy people get rewarded.

Ahh, so you're a leech?

@NIC Heh, yeah. An expected response. Go nuts. I'm sure you and your friend can come up with a nice life story on why i am the worst human being ever while you're at it.

@NIC Heh, yeah. An expected response. Go nuts. I'm sure you and your friend can come up with a nice life story on why i am the worst human being ever while you're at it.

Woah, woah, settle down there. It's not often you see someone commit the crime & jump right to being the victim in the next post.

@Yggranya

Why should the hardworking players carry you, then? So you can make a point? You standing there doesn’t shame leechers into helping the party, you just become another leech bringing down the group. You’re not better than them. They don’t care and neither do you.