"Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.

@Zeke said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

Cool.

Now show me EVERYONE'S equipment from all groups who've done this fight in global.

Oh you can't?

The problem comes down to this fight being new.

If it's not the equipment then you're basically admitting that it's the skill level of the players. No run where the players have at least a decent level of skill / EQ should be longer than 20 min even if it's the first time of them doing it. Most of TPDs attacks are decently enough telegraphed to the player and the DPS checks people love to fail are pretty much just that. If Sodam gets to "clap his wings" then it's either people not having the gear or not doing their rotations properly as the boss is not trying to interrupt / evade your attacks, this has nothing to do with "the experience of the fight" as you don't need to memorize every inch of it in order to not do terrible here.

@YagyuChan said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

Global players are not at the same skill level as the JP server. Example being Primordial Darkness taking 10-15 minutes on JP while on Global taking 25-30 minutes.

My first TPD took 15 min and most of us hadn't done the mission before lol s long as your gear and general awareness are adequate it's not especially hard. The attacks have a lot of obvious tells.

Mining Base, Luther and Lament were all a lot worse during their first weeks

@Hatsodoom said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

"Worst UQ ever" A Blackened Kingdom would like to have a word with you.

I'm glad someone else thinks about how specifically terrible that UQ was.

@HarmlessSyan said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

@Charus said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

• Absolutely stupid players who dont know what the hell they are doing and neither seem to care about the quests score points in order to maximize the potential of valuable Rare drop at the end.

Yes, probably

• The ships that needed to be destroyed sometimes fly too much fast and high It's impossible even take a shot at them to deal sufficient damage to take them all out to maximize quest score points.

Some classes are easier to use to take these ships out, they are easily shot down - you need to know what you are doing.

• The pre-ending bosses before Shiva have waaaay too much health, the entire team was focusing on the bosses, dealing as much damage as possible and the boss still wont die after the time expiration, like who designed this? The bosses has too much health It's impossible to kill them if majority of players are avarage even with good gear.

You sure those are even "average"? I just did a 9 man run yesterday and still S-ranked it, granted I play the JP server. Rarely had trouble with this UQ even when level cap was 95 when this was released on JP.

Global players are not at the same skill level as the JP server. Example being Primordial Darkness taking 10-15 minutes on JP while on Global taking 25-30 minutes.

Skill level? So when you join an UQ you actually get people who do their best with the only problem being that it isn't good enough? Wow, must be nice.

Primordial Darkness is 12-15 mins in pug global. The key is to not get stuck with the late crowd as those players tend to be leechers or the selfish "I play for fun"/"waiting for NGS" types.

@n_n said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

Primordial Darkness is 12-15 mins in pug global. The key is to not get stuck with the late crowd as those players tend to be leechers or the selfish "I play for fun"/"waiting for NGS" types.

Fun fact is I match as soon as the UQ starts and I am thrown into these 20-25 minute unorganised messes of a run and I am not even sure why. I feel like it is a fight to not die in there since if you die good luck getting mooned any time soon after you die twice and waste a doll 😞 currently rocking the campaign given stuff atm since it will do till I can get my hands on something better.

@Yggranya said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

@HarmlessSyan said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

@Charus said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

• Absolutely stupid players who dont know what the hell they are doing and neither seem to care about the quests score points in order to maximize the potential of valuable Rare drop at the end.

Yes, probably

• The ships that needed to be destroyed sometimes fly too much fast and high It's impossible even take a shot at them to deal sufficient damage to take them all out to maximize quest score points.

Some classes are easier to use to take these ships out, they are easily shot down - you need to know what you are doing.

• The pre-ending bosses before Shiva have waaaay too much health, the entire team was focusing on the bosses, dealing as much damage as possible and the boss still wont die after the time expiration, like who designed this? The bosses has too much health It's impossible to kill them if majority of players are avarage even with good gear.

You sure those are even "average"? I just did a 9 man run yesterday and still S-ranked it, granted I play the JP server. Rarely had trouble with this UQ even when level cap was 95 when this was released on JP.

Skill level? So when you join an UQ you actually get people who do their best with the only problem being that it isn't good enough? Wow, must be nice.

I feel like my statement has been misinterpreted here and I have phrased this incorrectly. What I mean to say is the UQ just came out in Global so people need time to get used to it before run time speeds increase to the previously stated JP levels. I have not had the best runs myself and even in the Japanese server back around Christmas the runs were this bad for me. 😞

My last run people were being very kind and helpful, popping a moon every time someone was down. I didn’t even get a chance to use mine because someone was right on it! I died once. 😞 Despite hiding behind ice being a common gimmick in ffxiv I had a “wtf” moment and didn’t catch on until it was too late. Major embarrassment. I had a group that died a lot but we never ran out of moons because people picked up multiple dead players with one moon and it took a little longer but it was overall a good first impression of the UQ.

Quick answer is to avoid pugs if you can't stand 25-30min runs. Otherwise if you decide to solo que then just expect a 25min run. If you get a 13-15 run then great that's a win. If you don't set your expectations high then you won't be too mad when u not getting efficient run

@Albedo said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

Quick answer is to avoid pugs if you can't stand 25-30min runs. Otherwise if you decide to solo que then just expect a 25min run. If you get a 13-15 run then great that's a win. If you don't set your expectations high then you won't be too mad when u not getting efficient run

Idm 25-30 minute runs but what I do mind is the lack of moons thrown out. 😞 Also got no friends really on the Global version so yeah.

I think some people are scared of dieing if they had to stand still and throw a moon. NGL I died a few times in TPD rezing my alliancemates lol. Bad timing on my part I guess.

the UQ just came out in Global so people need time to get used to it before run time speeds increase

That's just the thing, they won't. Question: how long is a fast TPD PuG run? About 10 min am I right? And how long is a fast PD PuG run? Also about 10 min. Ok, let's take a look at the other side: how long is a slow PuG run for PD? Usually about 17-19 min. And how long is a slow PuG run for TPD? About 20-40 min. Now ask yourself why that is. The answer is simple: PD is mostly a "mechanics based" boss while TPD is mostly an HP blob with a bunch of DPS checks. The difference here is that it's much easier for the at least 1-4 somewhat decent players an MPA usually has to carry a PD run as you can mitigate the lack of DPS by playing into the mechanics but that's not possible for TPD as "do damage" is the "mechanic" he's based around which is why "experience with the fight" is not going to do much to improve the situation here.

@Albedo said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

I think some people are scared of dieing if they had to stand still and throw a moon. NGL I died a few times in TPD rezing my alliancemates lol. Bad timing on my part I guess.

Is there any class combo that wouldn't have space for Atomizer Lovers on a unit?

@Akonyl said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

@Hatsodoom said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

"Worst UQ ever" A Blackened Kingdom would like to have a word with you.

I'm glad someone else thinks about how specifically terrible that UQ was.

I don't disagree, but I'd submit Giant Automata as a contender. That UQ was literally just the Big Varder fight, so while it might've been good as a repeatable EXP source back before we had a surplus of Tokyo gold keys or even as a fast way to clear Urgent Quest missions and campaigns, it has to be the least original UQ the game has ever seen.

That UQ happened because people wanted a 12-player Varder fight back in the days. When we were all a lot slower and the gameplay was far more deliberate, Varder was actually a very large boss scale-wise, and it was a fun fight honestly.

Now we move extremely quickly, do loads of damage, have loads of range, so Varder feels quite small.

Also public runs are fine. We did 4-run Lament earlier -- the trick to getting good pug runs is to bring your own best and make sure you're doing your absolute best, because if you're settling, why should the others have to carry you? My Primordials in public games are 15 minutes at most too, usually faster. I personally play Ranger for Primordial because Blight Bullets are very cool and Ranger also shreds it.