"Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.

This is my most hated UQ for the following reasons

• Absolutely stupid players who dont know what the hell they are doing and neither seem to care about the quests score points in order to maximize the potential of valuable Rare drop at the end.

• The ships that needed to be destroyed sometimes fly too much fast and high It's impossible even take a shot at them to deal sufficient damage to take them all out to maximize quest score points.

• The pre-ending bosses before Shiva have waaaay too much health, the entire team was focusing on the bosses, dealing as much damage as possible and the boss still wont die after the time expiration, like who designed this? The bosses has too much health It's impossible to kill them if majority of players are avarage even with good gear.

@Charus said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

• Absolutely stupid players who dont know what the hell they are doing and neither seem to care about the quests score points in order to maximize the potential of valuable Rare drop at the end.

Yes, probably

• The ships that needed to be destroyed sometimes fly too much fast and high It's impossible even take a shot at them to deal sufficient damage to take them all out to maximize quest score points.

Some classes are easier to use to take these ships out, they are easily shot down - you need to know what you are doing.

• The pre-ending bosses before Shiva have waaaay too much health, the entire team was focusing on the bosses, dealing as much damage as possible and the boss still wont die after the time expiration, like who designed this? The bosses has too much health It's impossible to kill them if majority of players are avarage even with good gear.

You sure those are even "average"? I just did a 9 man run yesterday and still S-ranked it, granted I play the JP server. Rarely had trouble with this UQ even when level cap was 95 when this was released on JP.

TBH I find "The Face" a lot worse, unless you're running a premade the fight is just too RNG dependent (and with RNG I mean being paired with players who don't just RP as floor decoration).

and neither seem to care about the quests score points in order to maximize the potential of valuable Rare drop at the end

"quest score points" are irrelevant for the drops, the only thing that has an impact here is killing the 2 E-trials where the mobs despawn after a certain amount of time and ofc. getting 3 runs which is rarely an issue.

@HarmlessSyan said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

You sure those are even "average"? I just did a 9 man run yesterday and still S-ranked it, granted I play the JP server.

S ranking it is not really a problem as the quest is actually quite lenient in terms of time requirements. It's more about clearing the objectives than anything else.

Rarely had trouble with this UQ even when level cap was 95 when this was released on JP.

Not much of a surprise here as jp already had Agile / Klauz weapons by the time they released Final Lament. The power gain from 95 to 100 is also quite marginal.

Yes, probably

Some classes are easier to use to take these ships out, they are easily shot down - you need to know what you are doing.

You sure those are even "average"? I just did a 9 man run yesterday and still S-ranked it, granted I play the JP server. Rarely had trouble with this UQ even when level cap was 95 when this was released on JP.

Global players are not at the same skill level as the JP server. Example being Primordial Darkness taking 10-15 minutes on JP while on Global taking 25-30 minutes.

Why is there a need to call players stupid in this? The ship part I can understand, they're extremely fast. If you want to make that slightly more consistent, dark blast isn't too bad to use during it. I use that to help kill either one of the bosses. (usually Exegul) And no, it's not impossible to kill if the players have good gear. More people need to use their dark blast when available, its great damage if you've leveled and maxed its skills out.

@Ryoga I would applaud people that manage to get their 50 runs of primordial darkness in the 1 month between its release and final lament, because I sure didn't, and there were no freebie eye stones till much later. I find all levels above 90 to be significant as they give PP, and extra skill points are always good.

I like these new UQs that require performance for best rewards imo. I felt all the other UQs had no risk and the worst that could happen if you have a team of lacking gear is that the fight just takes a lot longer. It also promotes forming parties with other players to do them with.

If the face UQ is just dependent on personal deaths then that might be my favorite way atm since you can still get best rewards "solo queuing". This also reduces the level of toxicity from some players which is the obvious downside of having UQs punish underperforming teams. I think a good balance for newer "UQs" would be nice for the future of NGS.

@NuclearPenguin A lot of the older Emergency Quests did have a "risk" such as a failure state such as Deus Esca's original run or the Black Dragon/Black Fellwyrm having an incapacitation limit. Over time due to the nature of the average player base you really wanted to run these in Expert Matching because Deus Esca had a DPS check that the average party could not clear (where you at least had a chance in Expert Matching) and bosses like the Black Fellwyrm were brutal with random players who would eat up the three incapacitations to fail the quest for everyone.

Over time Sega both buffed players with powercreep to make these less challenging and also nerfed the bosses and Emergency Quests so that the average player can still win to the point where you can walk up to Deus Esca right now even on Ultra Hard and still have an advantage over what he does because the powercreep is enough to mitigate most of the original challenge in that fight. In terms of the current Emergency Quests we have just reached the point where Sega has yet to nerf the existing content to make ti easier and to powercreep players further than they already are.

This is my favorite UQ right now, even if I get bad parties that ignore flying enemies, even with all the other annoyances, I just find it really fun.

"Worst UQ ever" A Blackened Kingdom would like to have a word with you.

@Eye-ce said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

Why is there a need to call players stupid in this? The ship part I can understand, they're extremely fast. If you want to make that slightly more consistent, dark blast isn't too bad to use during it. I use that to help kill either one of the bosses. (usually Exegul) And no, it's not impossible to kill if the players have good gear. More people need to use their dark blast when available, its great damage if you've leveled and maxed its skills out.

With 15* weapons and 13* units, and some cheap decent affixes you should be out damaging your darkblast by a decent amount.

@YagyuChan said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

Yes, probably

Global players are not at the same skill level as the JP server. Example being Primordial Darkness taking 10-15 minutes on JP while on Global taking 25-30 minutes.

i get consistently 13-15mins run in b7 where ppl are spamming trigs if ur random lobby pug tpd uq then ye gl/hf its like pugging in jp without expert matching.

this is only day 2 of this uq too.

@YagyuChan said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

Yes, probably

Most Global players have never done the boss before. Sorry people can't speed run it the first 3 days of the UQ.

@Zeke said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

Most Global players have never done the boss before. Sorry people can't speed run it the first 3 days of the UQ.

Nah the problem is something different:

alt text

Also, rangers who don't use WB and techters who don't use their special shifta / deband.

@Ryoga said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

@Zeke said in "Special VR training" is the worst UQ ever.:

Nah the problem is something different:

alt text

Also, rangers who don't use WB and techters who don't use their special shifta / deband.

Cool.

Now show me EVERYONE'S equipment from all groups who've done this fight in global.

Oh you can't?

See nitpicking a single few characters with their gear doesn't disprove what I've said and it's easy to disprove by doing what you did. The problem comes down to this fight being new. Are there leeches? Always is even on JP, but they don't take up the majority of the players.