Will accessory transfer to NGS character models?

Lets say I'm kinda both glad and dissapointed that clothing items (Base, Outer and Outfits) do not transfer to NGS character type models. Firstly first I'm glad because I have been spending my meseta way too much to thin air just to try different outfits, secondly I'm dissapointed because we dont even know what fashion is planned for the NGS character base models and the fact that we will have to rely on the default outfits that NGS will provide will seem kinda lackluster.

But I'm asking about the current accessories, will they transfter to the NGS character models?

Will accessory transfer to NGS character models?

yes

Accessories and hairstyles are the only things that transfer to ngs models afaik.

Though tbh unless your pso2 clothes are super revealing its not going to be the biggest deal to use them in ngs. Since the really nice stuff with bodies isn't all that noticeable when fully or nearly fully clothed.

The biggest downside is in ngs cutscenes you'll be using a base clothes outfit. That is enough of a deal breaker for me to abandon all my fashion items. But the NGS body also gets to not have pso2's God awful female idol pose. Which is just more incentive for me to go with an ngs model.

@Knight-Raime said in Will accessory transfer to NGS character models?:

The biggest downside is in ngs cutscenes you'll be using a base clothes outfit. That is enough of a deal breaker for me to abandon all my fashion items. But the NGS body also gets to not have pso2's God awful female idol pose. Which is just more incentive for me to go with an ngs model.

That was a mistranslation from the English site. It actually means the reverse, if you equip new NGS outfits in PSO2 cutscenes you will be in default PSO2 gear. Additionally you pick your idle animation as well as running, that is not tied to bodies.

@Vashzaron said in Will accessory transfer to NGS character models?:

That was a mistranslation from the English site. It actually means the reverse, if you equip new NGS outfits in PSO2 cutscenes you will be in default PSO2 gear. Additionally you pick your idle animation as well as running, that is not tied to bodies.

It was my understanding that ngs clothing was defaulted in pso2 cutscenes and pso2 clothing was defaulted in ngs cutscenes. Why would it only be one and not the other?

And good to know about the animations.

@Vashzaron said in Will accessory transfer to NGS character models?:

It was my understanding that ngs clothing was defaulted in pso2 cutscenes and pso2 clothing was defaulted in ngs cutscenes. Why would it only be one and not the other?

And good to know about the animations.

I can only guess its because they don't want to bother making everything new backwards compatible but NGS scenes on the other hand will be made with everything in mind. Either way speculation doesn't matter and the translation was actually fixed on the English side at some point. https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsadditionalinfop2

@Vashzaron

So basically if you're using pso2 clothing it'll still be pso2 clothing in ngs cutscenes. You'll still be using the pso2 model though. But ngs clothing won't work in pso2 cutscenes and thus is defaulted?

@Knight-Raime Yes. NGS cutscenes will support both PSO2 and NGS models as they have been designed with both of them in mind. PSO2 on the other hand uses the rigging of the PSO2 model for posing your character on the cutscenes. In order to support the NGS model, all cutscenes on all 6 episodes would need to be updated. Sega is not going to invest resources into that. So instead they are opting to switch you to a pso2 model if you are wearing an outfit with the NGS model.

The thing about NGS cutscenes switching to your ngs model was a mistranslation on the English website. Google translating the original announcement on japanese showed that it was referring to PSO2 cutscenes and not NGS.