Hero PP Regen

Any recommendations for fast PP regen on Hero? Spamming the weapon action for Sword and TMG seems a bit slow, but maybe it's just me?

The main PP regen for Hero is the TMG weapon action, but it must be a Perfect Reload otherwise it is slower; a normal Reload is 20PP/second, but a Perfect Reload is 60PP/sec. The easiest way to make sure you get the Perfect Reload is to Step, and use the Perfect Attack ring from it.

There is also the option of using a Genon weapon (400 Unique Weapon Badges) with S2: and S3: Lucent Adversity. Basically, this takes advantage of Genon's Potential (which causes 90 damage each time you use a PA or Tech with a 45% PP cost reduction) in combination with the S2 and S3 (which make you recover ~32% PP when you take damage) for ridiculously high PP recovery.

Essentially, you switch over to the Genon when you run low on PP, quick cast a couple of Techs, and you'll have your PP at full again almost instantly.

Seems closer to 40PP/sec, about 5 seconds for my 200PP. I usually default to Ki blasts, but I should be able to incorporate this into my main rotation.

You know what, you are right; I misread my source. It is 20PP + 40PP/sec for a Perfect Reload. Also note that you can get higher PP recovery with a TMG if you have a Potential (like Stelk Steyr's Photon Reserves) or S-Grade Abilities (like Luminous Grace and Photon V Adaptation) that increase natural/automatic PP recovery, which will apply both to the initial PP recovery and the PP/sec.

It should be noted as well that if you time it right, repeatedly Step/Normal Attack->Prefect Reloading could allow you to recover PP quicker due to that initial instant 20PP recovery, but it may be too much of a hassle in general.

@AndrlCh said in Hero PP Regen:

There is also the option of using a Genon weapon (400 Unique Weapon Badges) with S2: and S3: Lucent Adversity. Basically, this takes advantage of Genon's Potential (which causes 90 damage each time you use a PA or Tech with a 45% PP cost reduction) in combination with the S2 and S3 (which make you recover ~32% PP when you take damage) for ridiculously high PP recovery.

Essentially, you switch over to the Genon when you run low on PP, quick cast a couple of Techs, and you'll have your PP at full again almost instantly.

Please don't use Genons on Hero, as far as I know, it also destroys the Hero Boost

But yea generally you would want a 2nd tmg specialized for pp regen with maximum natural pp regen SGA and possibly potential (like an ophistia tmg maybe)

@Kan It depends on how much HP you have. For Hero Boost to decrease, you have to lose more than 20% of your max HP in ~5 seconds., so if you have 1000HP, you can use the Genon potential twice in a row without losing any Hero Boost since each use loses you exactly 90HP.

Plus, even if you do hit that 20% threshold, a single Hero Counter will restore the lost Hero Boost to max. The last Hero rebalance made it very hard to not keep your Hero Boost at full power.

@AndrlCh 1st: I don't think anyone can guarantee that they would calculate how many hits can they take & if they will follow it 100%, it only makes things more complicated than Hero already is.

2nd: 2 ticks are not enough for a full pp regen

@Kan Fair points, but regardless, it still is an option if you try to be conscious about it. I personally have ~1600HP on my Hero, so I can use my Genon 3 times in a row with a ~80HP buffer.

But overall, yeah, a PP regen built TMG is the most straightforward option.

So both passive and active PP regen boost the TMG reload?

@Hatsodoom Just passive. It's why you can't use Orb/Dusk TMGs as Hero since they basically shut off Reload.

Good to know, thanks, that's kind of what I was looking for.