What is "Swirling Inferno on the ARKS Ship"?

I looked everywhere on the JP ARKS Visiphone and there is nothing even remotely like this on the quests page (nor do I remember playing anything sounding similar in JP). Are we getting unique content or something? What quest is this?

ARKS Ship Fire Swirl, aka. the Burning Rangers tribute quest.

It is a City map Urgent Quest with an E-Code that involves putting out fires surrounding civilians with the song "Angels with Burning Hearts" playing as the BGM.

If it drops Badges, then the best way to typically play the quest is to ignore the civilians and just kill as many enemies as possible until time runs out.

It sounds like it... doesn't fit the game at all. I find this UQ to be highly questionable lol. With Primordial Darkness and another Limited Quest coming, this seems weird and like it doesn't fit here at all. Why'd they choose this of all things?

It is part of the PSO 20th Anniversary celebration; it is basically a call back to PSO's version of it, Central Dome Fire Swirl.

@BloodyKyona said in What is "Swirling Inferno on the ARKS Ship"?:

It sounds like it... doesn't fit the game at all. [snip] Why'd they choose this of all things?

Because it fits the mainline Phantasy Star series from Online onwards.

• Phantasy Star Online had Central Dome Fire Swirl.
  • Phantasy Star Universe had Operation Firebreak.
  • Phantasy Star Online 2 has ARKS Ship Fire Swirl.

We may have got it at a weird time (JP got it back in Episode 1/2, and their recent revival of it came way after all the other stuff you mention) but that doesn't change that the Burning Rangers quest is a Phantasy Star tradition.

Global never gets anything. JP for life.

@Matoi said in What is "Swirling Inferno on the ARKS Ship"?:

Global never gets anything.

The heck? We're literally getting this.

The kicker with this one is that it also drops weapons and units with Soul/Factor/Reverie/Glare Catalyst so farming it is highly recommended.

šŸ¤” I wonder if this means that Eleph Rappies will now appear in Global due to this UQ.

Also this camo may grace Global's servers from the Rescue e-trials, Its a Soaring Blades camo. UIItemļ¼ŠBenikiri.png