"Free" Versus Annihilation SG Scratch choice ticket coming

Figured I may as well make a topic, because I know there was a topic lamenting the lack of an easily obtainable choice ticket for Fallen Heroes like there was for Mothers Disciples.

At the bottom of the anniversary announcement, it mentions that from 3/17 to 4/21, if you do 7 recommended quests, you'll get a Versus Annihilation choice ticket: https://www.pso2.com/news/announcements/globalannivevent0317

A lot of people will probably stumble on this without knowing since it's just rec quests, but may as well mention it in case anyone was thinking to drop some of that new SG they're gonna be giving us in the upcoming campaigns on Ep 6 SG scratch.

I do recommend this event, as many cosmetics and emotes from this SG scratch are pretty nice.

A personal favorite being Shiva Pose 2, for sitting in the air.

Wonderful Air Sitting Forum Size.png

Among other fun poses like "Setting yourself on fire with flames of anger", "Looming death ball", "Sassy arms", and many different flavors of fan posing.

Also posting this made me realize this forum lacks spoiler tags, so the image showing the pose shall take up some space

Kind of a shame it's not Astral Guardians since that one is ending sooner and jumping ahead to Versus Annihilation like this pretty much confirms there'll never be an Astral G Ticket distribution. Personally doesn't help me since I'm racing against time to get 3 Astral Guardians choice tickets and praying that 120 pulls will give me just one of four things on my list. But hey I benefit from the Mother's D Ticket so one out of two isn't bad.

For anyone who did plan to scratch Versus Annihilation, it's a 3,200 SG saving. Going into New Genesis with its undoubtable new SG costs that's likely going to turn out to be huge.

OH MY GOD!! Thank you for the head’s up! I’ve been trying to get the Shiva 2 emote!

I want any of the emotes since it doesn't wanna give them to me but I also want the eyes so Idk 😮

I really wish I didn’t spend 2200 SG on this scratch already and instead focused on Astral but there’s still time to get my sword.

@Milk said in "Free" Versus Annihilation SG Scratch choice ticket coming:

I really wish I didn’t spend 2200 SG on this scratch already and instead focused on Astral but there’s still time to get my sword.

Look on the bright side - I want to account-bind the shield and that's like a 0.3% drop rate! I've earmarked two choice tickets and a probable 6,400 SG just on that!

@Miraglyth said in "Free" Versus Annihilation SG Scratch choice ticket coming:

Look on the bright side - I want to account-bind the shield and that's like a 0.3% drop rate! I've earmarked two choice tickets and a probable 6,400 SG just on that!

Good golly that’s even worse than my Fallen Heroes spree for all the Matoi emotes. I hope you just get lucky. I didn’t use any SG on Astral because I thought we would eventually get a choice ticket for it. Ah well.

This post is deleted!

I am sad but also happy about this. I'd dumped my entire SG that I saved over the year into the ticket and then some so I could get a second ticket since I didn't get her eyes the first time. Not sure what i'll grab this time. My gut wants me to grab the eyes again but those won't be usable with the new NGS face variants anyway iirc. So getting them for all of my characters seems pointless. So maybe i'll either get shiva's weapon camo or perhaps Quna's BA since I wasn't lucky enough to get either of those.

Got pretty much everything else though.

I hope you just get lucky.

Me too haha. But it's not like wanting one each of two different items because then you just need to get either of them - when working out the odds you can simply add their drop rates together.

With two different 0.3649% items each pull has a 0.7299% chance to get either. 120 pulls of that has an overall 58.4854% chance to get at least one of either. But the same 0.3649% item you need two of that drops to 35.5163% to get at least one of it from 120 pulls. The rate doesn't increase when two of the same item are needed; it's still just one item in the prize pool.

It's easily the worst example PSO2 Global has when it comes to showing how bad needing two tickets is. In the more expensive scratch, 0.3649% for any pull that needs two to account bind is downright silly. I fully expect to get 0 of them in the targeted 120 pulls (9,600 SG!); likely the saving grace will be getting one of the items I only need one of (which are 0.7299% outright despite only needing one) and using the choice tickets on the shield.

@Knight-Raime said in "Free" Versus Annihilation SG Scratch choice ticket coming:

I'd dumped my entire SG that I saved over the year into the ticket and then some

What a difference three extra years of income would have made, eh?

@Miraglyth

Needing two of something from SG is such a silly requirement since it’s much harder to obtain than anything else. I got lucky with one Matoi hair extension and one Xion hair but couldn’t get two for account unlock. I’ll probably always regret not getting those. 😧

@Miraglyth

For sure. But I was rather lazy in gathering SG. My friend who regularly sniped outfits early on for SG always made sure to take SG off of outfits before he put them on market, and spent less SG on fresh finds than I did has like. 100k I think?

To be fair I think over the entire year I had probably about 20k total. But I had around 5 ish when this ticket came around.

A "Versus Annihilation SG Scratch choice ticket" is nice but you can't do much with it if that isn't the scratch you already pump all your SGs into which is an issue as we already have 2 scratches going on at the same time (actually it's more like four as the ones we got here on global seem to be multiple scratches mashed together).

Needing two of something from SG is such a silly requirement since it’s much harder to obtain than anything else.

And now imagine that you want a complete character set. As things are right now I would still need additional 6 Astral Guardians Tickets to get all the items that I want from it and that is after already drawing over 90 scratches. The scratch has 6 weapon camos, I want half of them but ofc. I got the 3 I couldn't care less about. There are items I got over 4 times already which wouldn't even be that much of an issue if SGs were at least as abundant as FUN is (not counting the vendor tickets).

@Ryoga said in "Free" Versus Annihilation SG Scratch choice ticket coming:

A "Versus Annihilation SG Scratch choice ticket" is nice but you can't do much with it if that isn't the scratch you already pump all your SGs into which is an issue as we already have 2 scratches going on at the same time (actually it's more like four as the ones we got here on global seem to be multiple scratches mashed together).

Needing two of something from SG is such a silly requirement since it’s much harder to obtain than anything else.

And now imagine that you want a complete character set. As things are right now I would still need additional 6 Astral Guardians Tickets to get all the items that I want from it and that is after already drawing over 90 scratches. The scratch has 6 weapon camos, I want half of them but ofc. I got the 3 I couldn't care less about. There are items I got over 4 times already which wouldn't even be that much of an issue if SGs were at least as abundant as FUN is (not counting the vendor tickets).

I know, it sucks. You have to pick and choose because a choice ticket is roughly $100, where an AC choice ticket is only $60. I don’t support it so I’m stuck saving any SG I get from titles or anything else I can scrounge up. I only made enough to get one Fallen Heroes choice ticket and got lucky with the rest of the stuff I wanted, well most of it.

I want a weapon camo from Astral, forget the name, some blue glowing sword camo. I’d also like the CAST set but I can just dream on. I might get lucky to pull one choice ticket before it ends but I probably will only get one thing I wanted.

I’m not a fan of SG scratch but man I’m so happy for this free choice ticket, even if I wasted so much SG on the wrong scratch, I got Shiva’s weapon camo at least so now I can just get the emote and focus on Astral before it’s too late.