Challenge mode Decision wallclip exploit - TA exploit - PvP exploit

There's a few videos of people showing how to clip walls to get extra miles and weapon/disc drops which shouldn't be obtainable and boosting the score a lot through it, is this a bannable offense? It's hard staying top 10 now that most of the people (this was bait) because one party ranking there is abusing it, the only way to be there is abusing the exploit so I wanna know if it's fine to use it.

Or maybe just report it?

Ideas?

TL;DR the cheaters popped in the thread, admitted to take advantage and exploiting the bug to snatch rank 1 easily.

Cheating proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYcCFcVt5f8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybfLYOGJoFI

Videos now private, adding link:

https://streamable.com/m3u94a

https://streamable.com/cgjgm3

Turns out they're also trading wins and filling PvP to boost their rank:

544da88b-ae4d-45ff-92a1-b9047b0b169c-image.png

Please post your Decision/Strike scores. Less people use that clip than you think.

@Laep said in Challenge mode Decision wallclip exploit:

Please post your Decision/Strike scores. Less people use that clip than you think.

It's usually between 5320 and 5340, I saw someone reaching 5381 last week which is higher than JP scores, they are the usual top 10 rankers and right as the clipping exploit was leaked their score jumped up to that number. They scored much lower before. This is shared ship.

I wonder if it'd be possible to get an official answer from a GM. Is it okay to abuse exploits for ranking rewards?

@ZENCHI I’d like to comment on this, the clip isn’t as much point gain as you perceive, it’s only gaining 2-4 points maximum. As part of this “Cheating” group I’d like to say the main difference in scores was due to the weapons we chose and the way we grouped the enemies, 1 strategy I’ll reveal is standing next to the jump pad during caterdans and killing them there allowing us to obtain the loot from the cater fans and still be faster, that is just one of the many changes we had made, also weve been no.1 almost every week we decided to do serious runs

None of us cheat, we are simply just going faster

Kat, you know full well that gaining "2-4 points" and extra weapons/discs is more than just a little advantage, lol

@Matt you’d be surprised how little of a difference it a actually makes

@Matt said in Challenge mode Decision wallclip exploit:

Kat, you know full well that gaining "2-4 points" and extra weapons/discs is more than just a little advantage, lol

It's not 2-4, its closer to 5 point just from the VR pickup, an extra weapon drop, an extra disc and the chance of getting compound techniques which are way stronger than just 2-4 points.

I just checked, the number one group must be doing the cheat because their score suddenly jumped from average 5360 to over 5380. Have never seen even JP players get this high.

@ZENCHI jp gets 86 without the clip supposedly

@ZENCHI if you want specifics on how the extra weapon and disc help, it’s not much since the extra weapon doesn’t have any use until it gets a pa and even then it’s extremely situational

@Jeeg-The-Ant said in Challenge mode Decision wallclip exploit:

@ZENCHI jp gets 86 without the clip supposedly

They don't. cbc2e4ae-570a-449c-95fb-8d44a088e20f-image.png

Every single point after 5350 is a HUGE achievement, any CM player knows that. Yet you improved over 20 points in less than a week.

@ZENCHI if you want specifics on how the extra weapon and disc help, it’s not much since the extra weapon doesn’t have any use until it gets a pa and even then it’s extremely situational

3c15b0a5-9815-456a-a2c9-e43040296bf8-image.png

27284381-626c-461e-9e31-c6491f675de4-image.png

24 points higher after starting to cheat.

@ZENCHI I understand your inexperienced, but I will explain this, 5350 is extremely easy, points after 5370 is an achievement

@ZENCHI I understand your inexperienced, but I will explain this, 5350 is extremely easy, points after 5370 is an achievement

Explain how after over 6 months of not going much higher than 5360s you got in the middle of the same week from 5363 to 5386.

You got 23 more points. How?