Challenge quests

To be honest I'm actualy enjoying them as it provides something fresh for the game other than just blasting everything out with your maxed out gear.

While at it, here are a few rants:

• The complete random distribution of weapons and PA's, sometimes the PA's do not match the weapon you are carrying. This is very problematic if you are going in for soloing the challenge without group.
  • The complete randomness of the attack patterns of the enemies, I know you should watch out and time your dodges, parry and generaly play safe without risking, but sometimes the game just pull out complete bullshit moments which cost you your VR energy because the game pulled random "Whoopsie doopsie random XD moments" that you could do nothing to avoid it; This includes like getting hit mid-dodge where I should not have been hit in the first place since I was under DODGE, dodge means DODGING the damage not TAKING IT. The last bit was where the enemy should have stunned from my, but it just magicaly pulls out attack on you when it is stunned and kills you instantly without any time to react, which is complete bullshit moment that generaly makes the experience really annoying and just made me rage quit.
  • in CHALLENGE: Decision at the starting mission 1, there is not enough VR bottles to pick to restore your VR energy, sometimes you just ran out of VR energy too quickly because you couldn't kill the boss in time because you do not deal enough damage with those weak weapons even if you avoided dying and made sure to exploit all the enemy weak spots for extra damage.

Challenge mode is all about randomness and I have tried soloing it while it is hard that makes it fun since if you got a PA and weapon match it would make things easier but I will say that having them match in solo would be a great change. The attack patterns are the same as the regular versions of the monsters and can be beaten with learning and attention. Getting hit mid dodge is annoying and I can sympathise with this problem since it is a frequent problem. As for the lack of VR bottles this mode is balanced towards 12 people playing it and it would be nice if a solo variant was created but for now that is the problem that cannot be solved without more bottles being put in or more people running challenge quests.

confrontation.png

I've done CM weekly for god knows how long now with my alliance, and a group in my alliance does 4 man CM on every ship weekly, and while I'd love to see more people in CM and discussion of CM on the forum it's disappointing it's primarily a complaining post. I really wouldn't recommend trying to solo it until you know it in and out, and even if you know it pretty well you're likely to not get a worthwhile score unless you master it. Learn it and all roles with your alliance doing 12 man first.

CM: Cataclysm, which isn't out in NA yet unfortunately, is more solo friendly from what I've seen.

@Charus said in Challenge quests:

The complete random distribution of weapons and PA's, sometimes the PA's do not match the weapon you are carrying. This is very problematic if you are going in for soloing the challenge without group.

Doing it solo and to get a good run you're going to have to restart a bunch till you get a good weapon/PA at the start.

The complete randomness of the attack patterns of the enemies, I know you should watch out and time your dodges, parry and generaly play safe without risking, but sometimes the game just pull out complete bullshit moments which cost you your VR energy because the game pulled random "Whoopsie doopsie random XD moments" that you could do nothing to avoid it; This includes like getting hit mid-dodge where I should not have been hit in the first place since I was under DODGE, dodge means DODGING the damage not TAKING IT. The last bit was where the enemy should have stunned from my, but it just magicaly pulls out attack on you when it is stunned and kills you instantly without any time to react, which is complete bullshit moment that generaly makes the experience really annoying and just made me rage quit.

This is a you thing and not a problem with the game. Your dodge frames only last so long, and you just need to be aware of what the enemies are capable of.

in CHALLENGE: Decision at the starting mission 1, there is not enough VR bottles to pick to restore your VR energy, sometimes you just ran out of VR energy too quickly because you couldn't kill the boss in time because you do not deal enough damage with those weak weapons even if you avoided dying and made sure to exploit all the enemy weak spots for extra damage.

There is enough, more than enough. You are just not good enough at CM yet to do it solo.