How do I Un F@$& my self in the skill tree

I don’t want to spend any money on Ac right now but is there any way to un screw up my skill tree other than having a skill tree reset pass?

You can buy a new skill tree or use a reset pass. That's all.

We eventually get free kill tree resets, but it's not very often (unlike salon passes), but besides that, I don't think you can undo a skill tree, I'm sorry.

If you messed up your tree really bad you can opt to use the "recommended" tree set up option, it will automatically distribute the "mostly accepted" set up for classes at no cost on your end. it's generally ok, but more or less a safety net if you really have no idea what to do with your tree. but if you already did that, then yeah, you'll need a reset pass or buy a new tree.

either buy a new tree, wait for a new pass or restart from the beginning on a new character are your 3 options here.

There's also the option of abandoning your current class and playing a different one, if you don't wanna make a new char entirely.

@Armada-San said in How do I Un F@%2amp; my self in the skill tree:

We eventually get free kill tree resets, but it's not very often (unlike salon passes), but besides that, I don't think you can undo a skill tree, I'm sorry.

We also don't know what the deal with these will be now. Skill tree reset passes happen when the level cap raises or when a skill tree changes, but we're currently caught up in levels + classes so there's nothing they'd typically hand out passes for anymore. Hopfully they'll give some out from time to time as a gesture of goodwill, but who knows.

Since the skill tree respecing was designed to sell AC, you don't really have options. That is also why skill trees have useless skills like more MEL/RNG/TEC power, you know, as a trap for new players. They can only be useful if you have all useful skills and nothing else to put points on.

And then people wonder why the playerbase is not very high and keep dropping. I complained about 2/3 days ago and now another player is complaining about the exact same thing. I am not sure why people are hyped for NGS when the same predatory company that runs pso2 is going to run NGS too. It's just hilarious how many people fall into the same trap everyday, but SEGA looks from the other side and pretends that everything is okay with their game.

@Prokaizer The game had been out for 8+ years prior to being released in NA and Global. They probably figure there are a bunch of online guides and other such resources out there for players to do their research before making any calls. Granted, a lot of players will think they can just "wing it" and figure it out later, or purposely avoid guides so they don't get any "spoilers." But, point is there ARE a lot of "hey n00bs, don't do the stupid shyte we did" guides out there, including recommended skill trees, video guides on all the PA/Tech options to figure out which ones are worth getting into, a very basic recommendation to create 3 free characters even if you have no plan to use the other two so that you get three free Reset Passes with every distribution.

It's really not so much a "predatory" set up. It's a "free game that needs to make money somewhere or you get bupkiss for content" set up. Unless you did a MAJOR stupid, like dumping ALL of your skill points into "stat up" skills and completely ignored ACTUAL skills, you're never really all that screwed. And while it is not exactly an enticing prospect, you CAN simply delete any character and start over and not have to pay a cent. But, again, for the most part it's not a huge deal if you "misspend" a few points here and there along the way.

And while they are most often distributed with level cap changes or new classes being added, Reset Passes also get distributed whenever they do a patch or skill tweak, something that seems to happen when they open up a new player/store base (like PC, Steam, Epic) as more players put the classes through their paces and bring awareness to balance issues (they've done this at least 2-3 times just since the NA release in 2020 and near as I can tell we literally have ZERO content that did not exist in the original Japanese release so clearly they haven't been resting on their laurels this whole time.

That said, I'll be honest in saying I don't know what their plans are for maintaining the game once NGS comes out, but seeing as there seems to be a bit of crossover between the two they'll likely continue tweaking and balancing things in both, so more passes are likely on the way.

@zaffy2005 Or they could have designed it properly without such painfully obvious traps. Actually, wilfully designed traps. Also, you can delete a character and start over, and then you only have room for 2 new characters. If you want more, then pay up, chump. Can't make 3 character for free if you delete one.

Heh, watch a guide made by someone who fell for it. Good advice. Of course, it would be better to hold the developers accountable, but that's a foreign consept.

They really need to make resetting skills FREE. Gating something so simple and vital to the game is scummy as heck. Or at least price it with in-game currency like the ONLY TWO BIGGER MMORPGs OUT THERE (WoW and FF14). 1 million meseta would be more than fair. Even 2 million is workable. AC or SG is not, especially the latter as it's many times the price of AC

P.S. There likely are no more free skill reset passes coming because we now have ALL class updates, and that's the only time they give them out. Given there will be no future class updates, it's safe to say there will be no more reset passes unless they change how they do things altogether (and they should). Microtransactions are one of the many reasons I'm not going to play New Genesis (and why I'm retiring from MMORPGs altogether after I finish PSO2). It's bad business, unethical crap. I'm gonna go play classics and indy games from now on.

@BloodyKyona said in How do I Un F@%2amp; my self in the skill tree:

They really need to make resetting skills FREE. Gating something so simple and vital to the game is scummy as heck. Or at least price it with in-game currency like the ONLY TWO BIGGER MMORPGs OUT THERE (WoW and FF14). 1 million meseta would be more than fair. Even 2 million is workable. AC or SG is not, especially the latter as it's many times the price of AC

P.S. There likely are no more free skill reset passes coming because we now have ALL class updates, and that's the only time they give them out. Given there will be no future class updates, it's safe to say there will be no more reset passes unless they change how they do things altogether (and they should). Microtransactions are one of the many reasons I'm not going to play New Genesis (and why I'm retiring from MMORPGs altogether after I finish PSO2). It's bad business, unethical crap. I'm gonna go play classics and indy games from now on.

You know I was going to say don't leave or something like that but in all honesty I don't really blame you if you want leave NGS and MMORPGS in general. Like I get monetization in an MMORPG or online ARPG is normal these days but companies like SEGA take it way too far. It's like some else once said "They don't want a lot money, they want ALL the money." which leads to bad business practices.

@zaffy2005 said in How do I Un F@%2amp; my self in the skill tree:

@Prokaizer The game had been out for 8+ years prior to being released in NA and Global. They probably figure there are a bunch of online guides and other such resources out there for players to do their research before making any calls. Granted, a lot of players will think they can just "wing it" and figure it out later, or purposely avoid guides so they don't get any "spoilers." But, point is there ARE a lot of "hey n00bs, don't do the stupid shyte we did" guides out there, including recommended skill trees, video guides on all the PA/Tech options to figure out which ones are worth getting into, a very basic recommendation to create 3 free characters even if you have no plan to use the other two so that you get three free Reset Passes with every distribution.

It's really not so much a "predatory" set up. It's a "free game that needs to make money somewhere or you get bupkiss for content" set up. Unless you did a MAJOR stupid, like dumping ALL of your skill points into "stat up" skills and completely ignored ACTUAL skills, you're never really all that screwed. And while it is not exactly an enticing prospect, you CAN simply delete any character and start over and not have to pay a cent. But, again, for the most part it's not a huge deal if you "misspend" a few points here and there along the way.

And while they are most often distributed with level cap changes or new classes being added, Reset Passes also get distributed whenever they do a patch or skill tweak, something that seems to happen when they open up a new player/store base (like PC, Steam, Epic) as more players put the classes through their paces and bring awareness to balance issues (they've done this at least 2-3 times just since the NA release in 2020 and near as I can tell we literally have ZERO content that did not exist in the original Japanese release so clearly they haven't been resting on their laurels this whole time.

That said, I'll be honest in saying I don't know what their plans are for maintaining the game once NGS comes out, but seeing as there seems to be a bit of crossover between the two they'll likely continue tweaking and balancing things in both, so more passes are likely on the way.

I keep hearing the same excuse over and over again in both pso2 official forums, steam disqussions and more. The game might be 9 years old but have you ever heard of "UPDATES"? They had 9 whole years to change their monetization system but they did not.

Really bro "It's a f2p game so they have to make money somehow"? They make money by selling premium passes, inventory slots, storage slots, extra mags, gatcha RNG scratches for skins and more and you telling me that they have to make money from Respecing too? Are you serius man?

Yesterday i've spented some time reading PSO2 reviews in Steam and you know what i've found? There are 3 basic reasons why people hate this game. Number 1 reason is the rootkit (anti - cheat) that scans every data your computer has, number 2 reason is the monetization system that won't even let you Respec your skill tree without paying real cash + that the inventory is very limited and lastly number 3 is the UI.

Why you keep defending a company that is asking 5+ euro for a basic feature like Respec?

@Prokaizer said in How do I Un F@%2amp; my self in the skill tree:

Why you keep defending a company that is asking 5+ euro for a basic feature like Respec?

Because The Elder Scrolls Online requires you to pay an immense amount of in-game currency to respec (based on level and how many skill points you've spent.) It can cost a few dozens of thousands, or a couple hundred thousand. Which isn't easy to make as a player nowadays. (You can't even list anything on a market in that game without being part of a guild that has a stall somewhere in the world. Plus, people actually have to come to that stall to look at said items.)

Let's not forget a recent game release, Tree of Savior, which restricts trading to about 2-3 times a day for non-premium )and limited amount of items/money.)

PSO2 was just setting the stage for these kinds of things to happen. Both of the above games came out after PSO2's release. They had their chance, and did what they did. So why should PSO2, which is an older game?

Would you rather a skill respec cost 100,000,000 Meseta for each tree? Forcing some players to resort to RMT in desperation? (It has to be in the millions due to how easy it is to get Meseta.)

@coldreactive said in How do I Un F@%2amp; my self in the skill tree:

@Prokaizer said in How do I Un F@%2amp; my self in the skill tree:

Because The Elder Scrolls Online requires you to pay an immense amount of in-game currency to respec (based on level and how many skill points you've spent.) It can cost a few dozens of thousands, or a couple hundred thousand. Which isn't easy to make as a player nowadays. (You can't even list anything on a market in that game without being part of a guild that has a stall somewhere in the world. Plus, people actually have to come to that stall to look at said items.)

Let's not forget a recent game release, Tree of Savior, which restricts trading to about 2-3 times a day for non-premium )and limited amount of items/money.)

PSO2 was just setting the stage for these kinds of things to happen. Both of the above games came out after PSO2's release. They had their chance, and did what they did. So why should PSO2, which is an older game?

So because some developers decided to milk every penny you got, you think that it is okay to follow the same trend? If they tell you to jump of a cliff will you? Because that's exactly what people do these days. They pay for everything the devs throw at them and even say thank you after.