What I am hoping for NGS so far...

Feel free to post what you hope for NGS, but this is what I hope so far:

1. Very long story mode - Tbh I did not like the short story mode of PSO2, it just felt like it was too short and the ending seems too rushed and streamlined with how you are fighting Shiva then suddenly from a short dramatic cutscenes you already fighting something like Primordial Darkness.

2. Plotwise I hope it will be overall written better without too much plot holes, or atleast we wont be seeing the return or implementation of unreasonably overpowered Mary-sue characters that has no relevance to to the PSO2 lore; Such as Phaleg ives, which only serves to be annoying to the player and a small and insignificant plot device in Episode 6. I hope they wont repeat the same actrocious thing like they did with Episode 4 - earth, infact I wish they would entirely revisit earth in NGS and take a different approach instead of this weird reverse-isekai thing they pulled off. (Seriously I hate Phaleg so much, she literaly has no personality or character development whatsoever, everything about her is only Dominatrix fetish for horny submissive men)

3. I hope there will be no Scion classes in NGS, mainly because some of the Scion classes on PSO2 renders some of the standard classes obsolete. I like so far that they enchanced and revisited some of the old issues that some classes had in PSO2 and completely overhauled all of the regular classes by making them more comfy and dynamic to play with. I do hope that we will see the Braver and Bounce classes though, and if they really plan something entirely new about the classes, I do hope It's not Scion classes that would only serve as recycling the weapons used by the existing regular classes just to make them play differently in playstyle, sometimes rendering the regular classes obsolete in my opinion.

4. I know they are planning big overhauls for the Personal shop and price tagging of the cosmetic items, but God, I do hope I wont be seeing some small accessory item costing like 50 or 100 million meseta or other ridiculous pricing, I hate greedy sellers and they are the reason why people do not use those said accessories.

@Charus said in What I am hoping for NGS so far...:

I hope there will be no Scion classes in NGS

If with "scion" you mean "a type of classes which is designed to be better than the rest" then I agree but I would also argue that this already isn't the case right now as: "katana Braver > katana Phantom / Ranger > rifle Phantom / Gu/Fi > TMG Hero" (performance wise). That being said I would still want to see Hero, Phantom, Etoile and Luster in NGS for their unique take on the gameplay of their respective weapon types and I would also be open for other new classes that offer new takes on the gameplay of other established weapon types (e.g. one that uses launcher type weapons like a minigun).

@Charus said in What I am hoping for NGS so far...:

I do hope It's not Scion classes that would only serve as recycling the weapons used by the existing regular classes just to make them play differently in playstyle

Which means nothing as this is ultimately just optics, while both Ranger and Phantom use "the rifle" gameplay wise they're pretty much two completely different weapons. You could also say the exact same thing about katanas as they are esentially just another type of "sword" with a "different gameplay style" so the underlying situation here is basically the same.

Same, i hope they wont make scion classes cuz in base pso2 not only scion class were more fluid to use (because of the perfect attack ring, i know there is no pa ring in ngs) the real problem to me stands on the fact they are 4 giving me less choise on what class i want. I also hope (i know they wont do it cuz even tho is open field it still remain an hub based game) they cold make more cities just cuz i love roaming around XD

@Koga said in What I am hoping for NGS so far...:

i hope they wont make scion classes cuz in base pso2 not only scion class were more fluid to use

This is pretty much a non issue as NGS already made the gameplay of the base classes more fluid to bring them up on par.

@Ryoga i forgot to say that non only they was more fluid but also more powerfull

@Koga Based on what? Pretty sure a SB Bo/Lu is "more powerful" than a SB Etoile, the same goes for DB Fighter vs. DB Etoile, katana Braver vs. katana Phantom... the list goes on. There are only 3 exeptions here but no one exept Hero really even uses Talis anyway, there is no class other than Luster that uses gunblade as their "main class specific weapon" and iirc. Fo/Et still beats rod Phantom in certain aspects.

@Charus I on the other hand hope there are no sub classes, so all classes are basically scion classes. Also, i hope they design the skills better so there are no pointless skills like "more damage %", pointless in the sense that they all could just be baked into the class, or unlocked automatically at a certain level.

I despise the story, so it's not like it can get worse. At least i hope not, but as long as i can skip it all, it doesn't really matter.

@Yggranya From what the CBT had, it looks like Skill Trees are mostly weapon-based and actual abilities rather than multipliers (no shoehorned stances!!!!). Subclasses still are a part of it, but they seem to mostly serve to allow you to use their PAs for the multi-weapon system. It might be different in the 2nd CBT and forward, but as of now it looks like they are making it so that class choices allow more variety.

@Ryoga I disagree regarding the Rifle, the regular Ranger rifle requires you too much positioning to use It's main damage dealing PAs and abilities which leaves you generaly vulerable to attacks, while the Phantom Rifle you can dish out alot of damage from afar while also keeping your mobility to dodge attacks and the ability to perfect dodge for in addition of extra damage.

I'm only hoping that if they really want to implement alternative playstyles for the weapons like they did with the scion classes, I really hope they would do so by implementing new PA and abilities for the existing classes rather than making them separate classes, if they really want to make it so the player will be need to have 3 weapons like with the Hero, the would do so as a third subclass to only apply It's weapon.

@Yggranya NGS has already been confirmed to have subclasses, but their main purpose seems to be the multi-weapon system (combining 2 different weapon types in 1), and class combos that are not viable in PSO2 are viable in NGS (for example, Hunter/Force, since there's only 1 attack stat in NGS instead of 3).

Skill tree in NGS is super simple atm, 6 skills that caps at 1. http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2ngs-closed-beta-skill-trees/

Subclass is what you need to use weapons not normally for your class, as they show case Hunter/Ranger with rifles and Techer/Fighter with knuckles somewhat in streams.

@Ezodagrom said in What I am hoping for NGS so far...:

(for example, Hunter/Force, since there's only 1 attack stat in NGS instead of 3).

Well that sounds like an improvement.

@HarmlessSyan said in What I am hoping for NGS so far...:

Skill tree in NGS is super simple atm, 6 skills that caps at 1. http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2ngs-closed-beta-skill-trees/

Subclass is what you need to use weapons not normally for your class, as they show case Hunter/Ranger with rifles and Techer/Fighter with knuckles somewhat in streams.

Loos like they will still go with weapon specific skills. That's sad.

@Yggranya All revealed skills are gameplay modifiers rather than number modifiers. Also Skill points are locked behind quest/dungeon completion rather than level (and you only need to complete each quest/dungeon once with a single class to get the skill points for all current and future classes). If every class ends up with 3 different weapon skill trees with 10 skills on them there should be 30 skill points to unlock.

@Yggranya NGS has already been confirmed to have subclasses, but their main purpose seems to be the multi-weapon system (combining 2 different weapon types in 1), and class combos that are not viable in PSO2 are viable in NGS (for example, Hunter/Force, since there's only 1 attack stat in NGS instead of 3).

@Yggranya said in What I am hoping for NGS so far...:

(for example, Hunter/Force, since there's only 1 attack stat in NGS instead of 3).

Well that sounds like an improvement.

Unfortunately while there is only 1 attack stat, affixes are still separated into 3 damage boosting categories for some reason. https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Portal:New_Genesis/Item_Lab#Add_Special_Abilities