Who came up with this idea?

Who thought it was a good idea to lock Skill Tree Reset Coupons after real money ONLY?

I have completed 200+ hours in this game and i just discovered that my skill tree could be a lot better than the stupid guides i've followed. But the only way to reset my skill tree is to pay 10 euro or start from scratch?

This is the most stupid design i have ever seen in the recent years of my gaming experience.

You giveaway Salon Passes and Colour Passes like they are ice creams, but you don't even sell Skill Tree Reset Coupon in the SG shop? You expect me to pay 10 euro, for a basic feature like resetting my skills? Let me tell you a secret, in p2w games like Black Desert Online you can reset your skills anytime you want, by just logging in for a few days or leveling up a character to 56 (which takes less than 1 hour to do so). But you asking me 10 euros for something game breaking like changing your skills? This isn't a QOL item like extra Inventory / Storage or Skins from the Scratch tickets for you to sell it and make big money, this is a game breaking item and you've locked it behind a 10 euro paywall.

I really enjoyed your game in these 200+ hours, but now i've lost all of the motivation i had. Put reset skill tree coupons in the SG shop for like 500 SG or even 1.000 SG or piss off.

Have a nice day.-

I understand the frustration, but they actually don't have the 1000AC Skill Tree Reset anymore. While it does still cost some real money to reset a Tree, the process involves first buying a 500AC Extra Skill Tree which you can then move between classes for 100SG; every time you move the Skill Tree it resets it, so you can even reset just by "moving" it to the class it is already on.

One of the biggest things with the Global release was that players missed out on years of incremental gameplay improvements that came alongside many free All Skill Tree Resets being distributed; on my JP account, I currently am sitting on nearly 200 of them from over the years.

I don't think we were able to really buy any form of skill tree reset in Global anyway. All of them have been free handouts via updates.

Closest thing is the mentioned 500 AC trick where resets then just cost SG. But this is really used if someone either missed the handouts or ran out of free pass uses.

I think there's also the trick of using the "Recommended" skill tree option which re-allocates all your points for free. Unfortunately, from what I've read it sounds like this is really only viable if you're low level as the recommended trees are far from optimized.

@GM-Deynger, would it be possible to inquire about if/when the next reset passes will be distributed on global? Previously there was less uncertainty as you could count on them when a new Episode or Class released.

@Prokaizer skill tree reset passes are sometimes given during a campaign but since I'm satisfied with my current build I usually just sold them or stuffed them in storage

Well thank you for proving my point that this game has one of the most ridiculous skill tree systems in MMO history. They had 9 whole years to change the system or to sell the coupons in the SG shop but they didn't. Paying real money to reset your skills is laughable and predatory in 2021. I can understand pay to progress - p2w - pay for QOL - pay for skins, but paying to reset your skill tree? ? ? LoL!? >.<"

Don't worry if you get your class to lvl 100 and do all the class client orders for extra skill points (I think it's extra 15 iirc), you can get nearly 100% of all the skills. Source: even on my other casual account where I wait for SEGA to give out free rainbow keys and those events and playing/using keys only on PSO2 day, with less than 15 hours, is lvl 100. Don't worry, PSO2 is not even close to P2W. Also, hope SEGA gives out free reset tree skill passes and you can get it, stay on the lookout! Or you can farm SG (if it's in the SG shop) and get it.

@Prokaizer said in Who came up with this idea?:

Well thank you for proving my point that this game has one of the most ridiculous skill tree systems in MMO history. They had 9 whole years to change the system or to sell the coupons in the SG shop but they didn't. Paying real money to reset your skills is laughable and predatory in 2021. I can understand pay to progress - p2w - pay for QOL - pay for skins, but paying to reset your skill tree? ? ? LoL!? >.<"

I've played a lot of games where you have to pay to reset any sort of stat or skill tree stuff... That's why I decide how I want to play before I screw it up. The game has given free passes before, so it's not like you'd ALWAYS have to pay. Seems to me a reset is indeed categorized as QOL.

@Cikia said in Who came up with this idea?:

I've played a lot of games where you have to pay to reset any sort of stat or skill tree stuff... That's why I decide how I want to play before I screw it up. The game has given free passes before, so it's not like you'd ALWAYS have to pay. Seems to me a reset is indeed categorized as QOL.

Any game that asks real money in order to reset your skills is garbage (in my opinion). And the funny part is that everyone is fine with companies selling you air for 10 euro. This is why the gaming industry became so bad. Selling virtual stuff on higher price than they worth in real life. Few years ago companies sold a full game for 30 euro and now they ask 60 euro for early access. But it's all fine because people still buying them. And the game might gave free passes before but guess what? I am a new player and there is no way for me to obtain a reset pass by exchanging in game items or paying SG for it. So i don't care if they gave 999 free tickets in the past, i care that there is not a single way to get that item by ingame farming "except" leaving my 89 level main character that has a lot of skins and other stuff and starting from 0 on a new character.

I can understand pay to progress - p2w - pay for QOL - pay for skins, but paying to reset your skill tree? ? ? LoL!? >.<"

Yeah, from a game design perspective it's really stupid as it's needlessly punishing for new players and makes "trying out different skillbuilds" basically a non option and that aside it's not even something that generates a constant flow of income like cosmetics or in case of most P2W games items required for gear upgrades. Even some Nexon games (which are notorious for how P2W they are) like Maplestory 2 didn't require the player to pay real money for reskilling. I suspect the game devs @ SEGA went to some of these "lets implement shitty cash grab mechanics into your M/MMORPG" seminars as the game on release was just full of them. Now luckily they went back on the worst offenders but the "pay to skill tree reset" is one of the leftovers that never got (and probably never will get) addressed.

10 euro? Has the value of the euro dropped so much?

They've given out free skill tree resets at least three times now, and you get one for every character on your account each time.

@Prokaizer I agree with you, it's REALLY stupid. Especially when the majority of your power is gained from your skill tree so screwing it up literally knee caps players and makes them trash until they either pay up or wait for the rare times they give us a free pass. Since we are in episode 6 and have all the classes now, I don't expect we will get any more of them either.

@Right-Hand-From-Behind Yeah, each new episode/class release. But now we are in episode 6 with all the classes so no more free passes for new players. It's pay only now. lol

@VoreTechz said in Who came up with this idea?:

@Right-Hand-From-Behind Yeah, each new episode/class release. But now we are in episode 6 with all the classes so no more free passes for new players. It's pay only now. lol

Well if that's true, it's time for me to leave then. I was hyped for the new graphics update and the NGS release but i am not stupid to delete my 89 level character and start from scratch. At least i learned something here. I won't ever buy or play any game made by SEGA.