Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.

@Fattest-Leg said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

@Milk said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

I’ve bought or tried many different games over the years after a youtuber gave a thorough review of their experience with said game so this is a missed opportunity. People don’t know enough about a game from the summary or website to take a gamble anymore, there’s far too many games out there to choose from and it’s wasted download time or money if it just sucks. Consumers depend on streamers to give them the full perspective of a game, not just trailers and combat clips but what it’s really like to play it. It feels more genuine to watch someone make their character and wander about getting their bearings like you’ll do if you give the game a chance. I’m looking for honesty from a reliable youtuber with years under their belt for this sort of thing.

Even if people have never played the series before, what’s it hurt to reach out to those youtubers that try a little bit of everything? Cast a bigger net.

we already had big streamers try to appeal to PSO2, only thing it did was get some fans to play the game for less than a month and stop playing when their favorite youtuber did.

Let's be real about it, most people that watch long streams of a youtuber don't actually sit down and watch every second, a lot of viewers aren't even subscribed and generally they'll just hang around if the streamer is playing and never do anything with the game if the streamer quits.

It's more about getting the name of New Genesis out. In the gaming world I'm not confident many know about it despite Microsoft showing it off at their show.

Getting the name of a game out can go a long way.

https://youtu.be/DLfKwnzfNz8

Last update to this thread. They are reaching out to some people on YouTube to promote their game. Gotta admit that's that's LAST PERSON I expected!

@Zeke I remember when he helped promote Fallout 4, Witcher 3, etc. This is gold

@Zeke their clueless gamer ffxv review was legendary XD

i'm still afraid about a famous twitch streamer or youtuber getting banned because some player showed one of those "funnies" symbol arts xD

Don't post SA against the rules if you don't want to get banned.

@Zeke You misunderstood what Racso said, it's not about a streamer showing problematic symbol arts themselves, it's about a streamer that may not be aware of the symbol art system streaming the game without disabling symbol arts, which could result in other players showing problematic symbol arts during a stream (which could lead to the streamer being banned from youtube or twitch).

@Zeke said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

https://youtu.be/DLfKwnzfNz8

Last update to this thread. They are reaching out to some people on YouTube to promote their game. Gotta admit that's that's LAST PERSON I expected!

Wow really