Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.

@shadonic-0 said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

i wouldn't count too much on influencers.rather they need to get the game tested early by game media in general. get the word out there. once that is done, sure, get some twitch and youtube guys in there. the good thing is, they already have maximillian dood, mainly because he already is interested in pso in general. outside of that it's mostly small fries.

Wildstar went by "advertisement by players" which resulted in next to no advertisement for that game. We all know how that turned out.

that's why i'm saying, game media first.if you want a lasting impression, ignore influencers. they can generate some hype, but only short term

@shadonic-0 said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

they can generate some hype, but only short term

Undertale, Doki Doki Literature Club...

@Miraglyth said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

they can generate some hype, but only short term

Undertale, Doki Doki Literature Club...

wild cases that don't fall into the mmo genre which has gacha mechanics lol. there are some differences

@Zeke said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

i wouldn't count too much on influencers.rather they need to get the game tested early by game media in general. get the word out there. once that is done, sure, get some twitch and youtube guys in there. the good thing is, they already have maximillian dood, mainly because he already is interested in pso in general. outside of that it's mostly small fries.

Wildstar went by "advertisement by players" which resulted in next to no advertisement for that game. We all know how that turned out.

To be fair, Wildstar's raid design helped plenty with its demise.

Actually, I remember that it was being talked about all over the place in internet media, so it wasn't like people never heard of it or that it was some hidden gem that died off from a lack of advertising.

@IAMCRAIG It was more than just the raid system, it was gameplay overall. My elder brother played it for a long while, then suddenly stopped after an update. I asked him about it, and he basically told me that they made some changes that he and his friends weren't fond of, and so eventually they got fed up with it after the following update didn't fix the issue, and so they dropped the game. The game was just poorly managed overall. Which is sad because the game looked pretty interesting. That sadly happens with a lot of games. Developers find something that works, and fix it, or something isn't working, gets talked about all over the place by the user base, and it never gets fixed. What's even more sad, is development studios, and by extension their publishers never learn from each others mistakes, so they are continuously repeated.

@IAMCRAIG said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

@Zeke said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

To be fair, Wildstar's raid design helped plenty with its demise.

Actually, I remember that it was being talked about all over the place in internet media, so it wasn't like people never heard of it or that it was some hidden gem that died off from a lack of advertising.

Well it did have a myriad of issues, but never got advertisement from what I saw. It was just content creators being interested in a more fast paced MMORPG with a unique design.

Shameless bump due to the troll necroing all those dead threads.

Bumping because the NGS beta for Global got announced.

Do you guys think they'll ensure big time streamers and YouTubers will get in to promote the game? Perfect time to do so now that the beta date is confirmed and we're getting a launch window of NGS on the 22nd.

@GM-Deynger Necroed Thread.

@Fattest-Leg said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

You mean bumping my thread over a relevant topic that now has new information to discuss?

@Fattest-Leg said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

You mean bumping my thread over a relevant topic that now has new information to discuss?

db610695-a78b-4bea-885d-004ed8360402-image.png

Just because a discussion stopped from lack of information released doesn't make it dead. Since we now have a NGS global beta date AND confirmed announcement of a launch window next week this topic can be discussed once again.

That isn't a definition of a necroed thread. Plus how many threads were recently deleted or locked? Past few weeks have been wild on people getting banned and spamming troll topics. Lot of useful topic were pushed down due to that.

@Zeke I don't think they'll get bigger streamers than those with similar subs/follower counts than Maximillian Dood (around the 1m subs/followers range), but at the very least he's very likely to get a spot.

The usual Hololive ID and Nijisanji ID Vtubers are also likely (200k~350k subs), but it would be nice if they could also get one of Hololive EN Vtubers (which currently range between 900k and 2.5m subs).

I know you would like to see bigger streams than these, but, realistically speaking I think these are the biggest we can expect for NGS (though, don't underestimate the popularity of Hololive, one of the JP branch's vtubers was tied in 2nd for the most watched female streamer in the world during Q1 2021).