Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.

@Miraglyth While she couldn't get permission for Persona due to Atlus old fashioned ways, she was sponsored to stream Yakuza like a Dragon on its release, which goes along with what I said, not even the Yakuza or Persona games get more than content creators with a few million subscribers/followers, so expecting NGS sponsored streams from content creators with dozens of millions of followers is unrealistic.

;D SEGA copystriked me for Shining Blade video clips before, 2 strikes over 2 videos.

@Ezodagrom said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

which goes along with what I said, not even the Yakuza or Persona games get more than content creators with a few million subscribers/followers

Ah my bad. I imagined a comma in your previous post and interpreted it as "Bigger streamers than those[,] around the hundreds of thousands or early millions..."

Which is actually a mistake on multiple levels since Maximillian Dood has that many subscribers (more than I'd thought).

@HarmlessSyan How long ago were those? I remember that once SEGA JP went through a copyright striking spree towards old Shining videos, but I think they stopped that after receiving alot of criticism.

Overall though SEGA in general tends to be okay with streams and videos from independent content creators (except for Atlus).

@Miraglyth Ah. ^^;

My arguments towards Zeke so far can pretty much be summed up to sponsored streams from content creators with dozens of millions of subs/followers is not realistic. xD

@Ezodagrom probably in like 2012-2013 or so... been awhile. I just use my youtube channel to share videos with friends, most of my videos are now unlisted to avoid these copyright strikes.

@HarmlessSyan Yeah, that's when their copyright strike spree towards Shining videos in general happened. They even targetted videos that had no game footage in them, videos that were just talking about the series. SEGA deserved all the criticism they've gotten for that back then.

I think they were taking down shining videos so videos for their newest shining game appeared first or something lol, it was wack.

@Vashzaron Yeah, it was awful.

@Zeke Maximilian Dood just uploaded a video on youtube about NGS, clips from his twitch stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptyKUm_x1eg

@Ezodagrom said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

Yeah, it was awful.

Fun related story, I got a copyright strike four days after Google bought YouTube for a video uploaded several months prior and removed long in advance of the strike. This was almost half a year before all the Viacom stuff so copyright strikes meant nothing unless your account got three. Only when Unlisted was added as an accessibility option (then requiring an account to be in good standing) did it start to matter.

Sadly this was also long before a new Content ID system issued warnings to uploaders, before voluntarily removing videos absolved them of copyright risk and before claimants had the freedom to flag videos while electing to either take no action or receive monetisation proceeds without striking. Back then a flag unconditionally meant a strike, dispute and resolution options did not exist, and strikes were always permanent. This didn't change until the addition of Copyright School and a 6-month expiry of resolved strikes in 2011 (reduced to 3 months in 2016).

But here's the rub: When Copyright School arrived, it only applied to recent strikes. Legacy ones - especially for the oldest videos - were not included, likely not helped by a probable lack of data about them (either caused by ancient deletion or from being too old to have various new forms of metadata populated).

So I spent about a year chasing down YouTube's infamously unresponsive support. This took so long that a newer user could have uploaded copyrighted content, got struck, completed Copyright School and waited 6 months for it to be automatically wiped, and then done it all again a second time. Yet a strike that happened 5½ years prior, on a video that had been removed months before it was even struck, had no recourse.

Silly, isn't it? I know people like to say that YouTube has become terrible with copyright especially lately, with an over-reliance on algorithmic automation and a lack of human support, but in some respects it's become infinitely better than it was a decade ago.

https://youtu.be/ptyKUm_x1eg

His new video in case people didn't catch it. Bumping cause I don't want it to die.

Microsoft's goals are much bigger than YouTube. They see the huge potential in Discord and that's why they're buying it.

Check it out: https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/26/22352028/microsoft-discord-acquisition-analysis-report

They might try to acquire Steam next and let it run however it wants.

@Zarozian said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

Microsoft's goals are much bigger than YouTube. They see the huge potential in Discord and that's why they're buying it.

Check it out: https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/26/22352028/microsoft-discord-acquisition-analysis-report

They might try to acquire Steam next and let it run however it wants.

Ensuring that NGS gets front page of steam, MS store and epic launcher would be important.

@Zeke said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

Ensuring that NGS gets front page of steam, MS store and epic launcher would be important.

As noted in the first reply this topic got. Microsoft Store would be tricky because that's an all app types store that has multiple fronts based on hardware type (desktop / laptop / tablet?), region, potentially the profile it's got of its user, and even if it's accessed as a website or a Windows 10 app.

But it should definitely be possible to dialogue with Steam and Epic Games to make the case that New Genesis is a significant enough overhaul of the game to be considered more akin to a relaunch, or at the very least to determine and best leverage any existing mechanisms such as Update Visibility Rounds they support.

@Miraglyth said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

@Zeke said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

As noted in the first reply this topic got. Microsoft Store would be tricky because that's an all app types store that has multiple fronts based on hardware type (desktop / laptop / tablet?), region, potentially the profile it's got of its user, and even if it's accessed as a website or a Windows 10 app.

But it should definitely be possible to dialogue with Steam and Epic Games to make the case that New Genesis is a significant enough overhaul of the game to be considered more akin to a relaunch, or at the very least to determine and best leverage any existing mechanisms such as Update Visibility Rounds they support.

Its like I keep saying Microsoft HAS the money to spend for advertisement. This being the first REAL exclusive outside of Japan for them it should be a priority I would assume.

i wouldn't count too much on influencers.rather they need to get the game tested early by game media in general. get the word out there. once that is done, sure, get some twitch and youtube guys in there. the good thing is, they already have maximillian dood, mainly because he already is interested in pso in general. outside of that it's mostly small fries.