Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.

@PrinceBrightstar The streamers that were contacted are streamers with tens or hundreds of thousands of followers/subscribers.

In the end my community helped me out so I was able to get some time with it and I'm now posting videos on my YouTube channel. I don't want to have to do that again for the global CBT so please Sega work with me!

@PrinceBrightstar Sorry but you're pretty unlikely to get an invitation outside of applying for the beta like everyone else, SEGA can't send invitations to every single content creator after all.

These invitations are done with the purpose of attacting new players to the game once it releases, they're advertisement for the game, so it's only natural that they're only going to pick channels with high amounts of followers/subscribers (channels with tens or hundreds of thousands of followers/subscribers, 1k~2k subscribers is not alot when compared to those).

@PrinceBrightstar Xing Kazma recently talked about how he forged connections with SEGA and other gaming companies in this video (around the 40:30 mark) and that led to some access over time. I don't know if he got into the CBT, but it looks like he has a comparable number of YT subs so what's worked for him may work for you.

@Rang-Dipkin Despite having a similar amount of subscribers on youtube, Xing Kazma has a considerable higher amount of followers on twitch (7.5k).

@Rang-Dipkin Thank you, this is very helpful information. I wasn't even aware keroppi was doing this kind of show. I guess I need to work on my networking skills a bit more.

Twitch was pretty populated with NGS JP beta. It helped, but having some big name youtubers involved would help moreso than twitch. Most use youtube and having that on the front page would do wonders for the game.

@Zeke Some of the creators that streamed on twitch are putting or are going to put clips on youtube.

Even Activision advertises with YouTube. I mean they freaking hired Markiplier to do a video about world of warcraft.

https://youtu.be/6zYWJC4yDSc

If they can do it so can Sega/Microsoft. As I said before it's not like they don't have have money.

@Zeke Microsoft is only providing the servers, advertising has been only on SEGA hands outside of the initial E3 announcements for PSO2 and NGS, and Activision is a much richer company than SEGA, so saying "even Activision" is not really a good point.

And as I said before, some of the creators that streamed on twitch are putting clips of their streams on youtube.

On another note, you bring up Markiplier, but looking at his content, do you really think he or his audience would be interested in a game like PSO2 or even NGS? I said this multiple times before, but getting creators to do sponsored streams of a game is not a one sided thing, it's not just SEGA wanting to make it happen, the creators must be interested in it as well. These huge content creators usually only do videos about games that are already popular.

@Ezodagrom said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

@Zeke Microsoft is only providing the servers, advertising has been only on SEGA hands outside of the initial E3 announcements for PSO2 and NGS, and Activision is a much richer company than SEGA, so saying "even Activision" is not really a good point.

And as I said before, some of the creators that streamed on twitch are putting clips of their streams on youtube.

On another note, you bring up Markiplier, but looking at his content, do you really think he or his audience would be interested in a game like PSO2 or even NGS? I said this multiple times before, but getting creators to do sponsored streams of a game is not a one sided thing, it's not just SEGA wanting to make it happen, the creators must be interested in it as well. These huge content creators usually only do videos about games that are already popular.

Considering he has said multiple times he's an rpg fan I would say so. Looking at popularity of someone is also a great way to let people know a game exist.

That is the current problem I see with NGS. On the global side it doesn't seem to be known. People saw the Xbox show, but exactly how long did it take for most to forget ngs was shown? Audience is important, but people KNOWING the game exist in the first place is a requirement before even having an audience. That is why big name youtubers and Twitch streamers would be needed. Who cares is some or most of the audience of those people don't care for the game. Getting at least 20-30% of their viewers to at least try the game would be a massive boost in population and notoriety.

@Zeke Outside of Japan, the Phantasy Star games are niche even among RPGs, big name streamers are just extremely unlikely to be interested in this unless somehow NGS becomes extremely popular after launch, at best expect streamers with a popularity similar to Maximillian Dood to try NGS in the launch period or maybe even in the EN closed beta (I'm surprised they actually invited non-JP streamers for the JP beta though). More than that is just not realistic.

Doesn't hurt to get Sega to at least try. Inviting Maximilian was definitely a nice surprise so it shows they're trying.

@Zeke Maximillian Dood was gonna stream NGS on release even without a sponsorship since he's a big fan of the original (PSO1), but the invitation for the JP beta was still a surprise, yeah.

Bigger streamers than those around the hundreds of thousands or early millions subscribers/followers though is just really extremely unlikely and not realistic, since not even the Yakuza and Persona games get that kind of advertisement (which are arguably some of the biggest IPs from the SEGA JP branches at the moment).