Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.

@Miraglyth said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

Prologue 1 streams came a few hours after the JP version, if I recall? I think the Gameplay First Look one might've been live though, and if so that was neat. I'll be free to watch Prologue 2 so that should be fun to watch during lunch.

Nah, Prologue 1 EN started at the same time as JP. The EN one was even a bit ahead, since it was pre-recorded and the EN one cut the closed beta part of it.

If Microsoft didn't care as one poster stated we wouldn't have this or many other games that were JAPAN ONLY!

They care, but their sense of advertising is old fashioned that doesn't really work in this day and age.

@Zeke I think Microsoft's part of the deal was only the exclusivity period and providing the servers, everything else is handled by different teams outside of Microsoft (including advertising).

@Ezodagrom said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

Nah, Prologue 1 EN started at the same time as JP. The EN one was even a bit ahead, since it was pre-recorded and the EN one cut the closed beta part of it.

Pre-recorded... I think I remember that part. That was probably it. Thanks!

It'll be interesting to see what new information is planned for this one, when it comes to story, gameplay loop, features, any changes that have resulted from the first closed beta. That's probably what I'm most looking for. I'm not so desperate for Global release dates and they can keep unfair random-selection closed betas with unique permanent rewards far away from Global thanks!

@Miraglyth It's still possible that an EN closed beta could be announced in the stream. One of the vtubers that is sponsored to stream the current PSO2 may have accidentally teased something about NGS (though she couldn't say exactly what is happening).

I highly recommend HololiveEN. We can have all of them play it together and they can try to remake their character in game. alt text

@Ezodagrom said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

@Miraglyth It's still possible that an EN closed beta could be announced in the stream.

Yeah I'm aware, and that's probably the biggest concern I have. Ultimately there's so much PC players were never caught up on. We really don't need a repeat of that debacle.

@Miraglyth said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

@Miraglyth It's still possible that an EN closed beta could be announced in the stream.

Yeah I'm aware, and that's probably the biggest concern I have. Ultimately there's so much PC players were never caught up on. We really don't need a repeat of that debacle.

Here's hoping we really do stay on the same patch with JP on NGS.

About advertising NGS, in the NGS stream today they announced that they've invited multiple overseas content creators to participate in the JP NGS closed beta this weekend (not just vtubers, but other streamers as well, for example Maximilian Dood mentioned that he got invited to participate in the JP beta too).

About advertising NGS, in the NGS stream today they announced that they've invited multiple overseas content creators to participate in the JP NGS closed beta this weekend (not just vtubers, but other streamers as well, for example Maximilian Dood mentioned that he got invited to participate in the JP beta too).

Oh sweet. That will definitely help with advertising. Glad to hear!

they announced that they've invited multiple overseas content creators to participate in the JP NGS closed beta this weekend

This caught my attention and immediately raised a couple of questions.

• Did these people apply? Since they also lifted some restrictions on what could be shown and monetisation, it looks like this was part of a conscientious push for awareness, so I can imagine they were specially invited without applying. It doesn't really matter if they didn't, it's just a curiosity that'd extend to other unimportant questions like how they identified and chose who to ask or whether anyone was approached but wasn't interested.

• If they're overseas, particularly if they're English-speaking, wouldn't it make more sense to approach them for a the Global closed beta instead? Partly because they'd be less at risk of giving a negative impression from being unable to understand things, partly because by the time the Global closed beta happens the game will be slightly more refined.

@Miraglyth Max said that he was contacted by SEGA to participate.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/953644913

At 07:23:30.

Also I think it's extremely likely that they'll be invited for the EN beta as well, I guess being invited for the JP beta is pretty much early NGS advertising, or advertising the future global beta. I wouldn't be surprised if we get details about the global beta shortly after the JP beta ends, maybe? (Just trying to guess)

Oh sweet! That confirms that one. Good catch! Watching that a bit, he says "they contacted me a little while ago" so it was probably coincidence that we mentioned him a few days ago in this topic. But the topic itself is a week old so it's not impossible that it helped caused this invite to happen.

I guess being invited for the JP beta is pretty much early NGS advertising, or advertising the future global beta.

Ah of course, that'd give a good reason to do this before the Global beta starts. I'm convinced the Global closed beta will easily fill its capacity anyway, but players not making the invite cut will probably remain interested by an open beta or official release. Moreover by getting applicants who aren't already familiar with PSO2 they will get a more diverse pool of feedback and that's a good thing.

Also I think it's extremely likely that they'll be invited for the EN beta as well, I guess being invited for the JP beta is pretty much early NGS advertising, or advertising the future global beta. I wouldn't be surprised if we get details about the global beta shortly after the JP beta ends, maybe? (Just trying to guess)

Well managing two Beta's at the same time sounds like unneeded extra work. My guess is we'll have it the first weekend of April.

I'd like to know why I wasn't contacted. I've been covering PSO2 JP since 2013.