Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.

@Ezodagrom said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

@Zeke I don't think they'll get bigger streamers than those with similar subs/follower counts than Maximillian Dood (around the 1m subs/followers range), but at the very least he's very likely to get a spot.

The usual Hololive ID and Nijisanji ID Vtubers are also likely (200k~350k subs), but it would be nice if they could also get one of Hololive EN Vtubers (which currently range between 900k and 2.5m subs).

I know you would like to see bigger streams than these, but, realistically speaking I think these are the biggest we can expect for NGS (though, don't underestimate the popularity of Hololive, one of the JP branch's vtubers was tied in 2nd for the most watched female streamer in the world during Q1 2021).

Well Maximilian_Dood did have some nice watching numbers when he did NGS CBT JP. Maybe it might be bigger this time because people will actually be able to understand the game.

Just a honest question, have a streamer/youtuber got you personally to actually buy or play a game that you weren't playing or planning to buy already.

I pay attention to a bunch of youtubers/vtubers but I rarely have any interest in the games they play but rather more interested in their interactions with the fans or other youtubers/vtubers

@HarmlessSyan Yes, there's quite a few games I only got interested in after watching streamers (especially vtubers) playing them.

@Ezodagrom said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

@HarmlessSyan Yes, there's quite a few games I only got interested in after watching streamers (especially vtubers) playing them.

Now imagine if they get famous youtubers to play the game. That would put it on the front page of YouTube which would get a lot of traction.

Like I keep saying we know Microsoft has the money for it. That is something they should invest in even if it's just one video. The more the better and can't possibly hurt.

@Zeke And like I keep saying, Microsoft is barely involved in the marketing of the game, most likely Microsoft's part of the deal was providing the servers and the initial announcements on their E3 events, most of the marketing outside of the initial announcements for PSO2 and NGS were handled by the PSO2 team.

Microsoft's money is irrelevant when it comes to getting popular streamers, since marketing is the responsibility of the game's publisher, which is SEGA. Microsoft is only a partner that helped bringing the game to the west and is providing the servers, marketing is not their responsibility.

Plus as I've said before, the most popular streamers are in a position where they can just refuse a sponsorship for a game like NGS, I'm sure these streamers get more offers than what they have time to do, so naturally they would only pick the offers that are more likely to get more viewers, right?

Streamers? no thanks! Look what happened to Path of Exile.

Can't wait for streams to go like "get your access now via the Microsoft store". That will probably end their career.

@shadonic-0 said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

Can't wait for streams to go like "get your access now via the Microsoft store".

This could only really be possible in a (for now) hypothetical Global open beta. If the closed beta was streamed it'd be long after the signup period ended, and if it's after release it'll be available on all stores anyway.

@Miraglyth said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

@shadonic-0 said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

Can't wait for streams to go like "get your access now via the Microsoft store".

This could only really be possible in a (for now) hypothetical Global open beta. If the closed beta was streamed it'd be long after the signup period ended, and if it's after release it'll be available on all stores anyway.

When it's advertised via MS store how else are they suppose to go about it.

@Zeke said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

When it's advertised via MS store how else are they suppose to go about it.

I feel you might have missed my point. shadonic-0 was saying using streamers to advertise would go down badly if the streamers had to direct any interested viewers to the Microsoft Store as the only option.

This is an unrealistic scenario; if the streamers are promoting NGS after its release the other stores will be available too, and if they do so during closed beta having received a special invite, not even the Microsoft Store will be available to viewers since the signup period would have long since passed.

Seriously good point here! Look at Black Desert and their partnered streamers. They've help promote the game so much. I'd love to see PSO2/NGS more on twitch :).

@Ki-Rin said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

Streamers? no thanks! Look what happened to Path of Exile.

Streamers is one of the major ways to advertise video games now. Not getting with the times only hurts the gaming companies.

I’ve bought or tried many different games over the years after a youtuber gave a thorough review of their experience with said game so this is a missed opportunity. People don’t know enough about a game from the summary or website to take a gamble anymore, there’s far too many games out there to choose from and it’s wasted download time or money if it just sucks. Consumers depend on streamers to give them the full perspective of a game, not just trailers and combat clips but what it’s really like to play it. It feels more genuine to watch someone make their character and wander about getting their bearings like you’ll do if you give the game a chance. I’m looking for honesty from a reliable youtuber with years under their belt for this sort of thing.

Even if people have never played the series before, what’s it hurt to reach out to those youtubers that try a little bit of everything? Cast a bigger net.

@Milk said in Sega/Microsoft you guys need to adapt your strategy and advertise by doing contracts with streamers/YouTubers.:

I’ve bought or tried many different games over the years after a youtuber gave a thorough review of their experience with said game so this is a missed opportunity. People don’t know enough about a game from the summary or website to take a gamble anymore, there’s far too many games out there to choose from and it’s wasted download time or money if it just sucks. Consumers depend on streamers to give them the full perspective of a game, not just trailers and combat clips but what it’s really like to play it. It feels more genuine to watch someone make their character and wander about getting their bearings like you’ll do if you give the game a chance. I’m looking for honesty from a reliable youtuber with years under their belt for this sort of thing.

Even if people have never played the series before, what’s it hurt to reach out to those youtubers that try a little bit of everything? Cast a bigger net.

we already had big streamers try to appeal to PSO2, only thing it did was get some fans to play the game for less than a month and stop playing when their favorite youtuber did.

Let's be real about it, most people that watch long streams of a youtuber don't actually sit down and watch every second, a lot of viewers aren't even subscribed and generally they'll just hang around if the streamer is playing and never do anything with the game if the streamer quits.

This would only be a valid strategy if the game itself had a widespread appeal, but it's sort of niche to put it nicely; or it's kind of a garbage to put it bluntly. The average person wont bother with PSO2 unless they see something in it they want to explore, be it the rather unique combat, space magic waifu story, or dressup simulator.

None of these things will really change with NGS, i fully expect the game to always have a rather small playerbase. And i'm wondering why you would even want that. Sure a lot of players is always nice, and i too wonder if NGS wont be a little bit empty once the initial hype died down which i expect to do in like a month or two into release but in terms of PSO2 i thought there were always "enough" players.