How do you play techer?

@Gilver-Redgrave Yes, Te/Fo is bad. I only said "It wasn't as horrible as many people insisted it was before sub successors" because there are other subclasses that are just way way worse (ra and gu), and yet people treated sub Fo like it did nothing. It just didn't happen to align with the highest dps attack option Te has.

Talis and wand actually have almost equal tec power. For Te, this makes talis way way better than wands for casting - wands freeze you in place on the cast animation, and talis lets you keep moving. Additionally, Fo also provides 2 skills that make talis usable - a decent damage increase (that puts them close to rods) and a mode that makes it much easier to refill pp. The real problem with talis isn't its damage output, but the fact that it's just awful mechanically. Enemies have been way, way, way too fast for talis to be viable for a long long time. Luckily they're reworking talis into a nearly completely different weapon in NGS - it looks super fun now!

Also, if you or anyone else here is curious about the stats for Sub Luster Gunblade Boost, here they are (keep in mind they only apply when you're using Gunblades)

• Hu: 140% mel 145% rng
  • Fi: 110% mel 115% rng
  • Ra: 250% mel 110% rng
  • Gu: 160% mel 130% rng
  • Fo: 250% mel 240% rng
  • Te: 190% mel 185% rng
  • Br: 190% mel 185% rng
  • Bo: 180% mel 170% rng
  • Su: 155% mel 150% rng

Don't let some of the big numbers fool you, though - the reason they're like that is to compensate for lack of mainclass damage ups. What it does mean is that every class can use a Gunblade pretty competently as long as they're subbing Luster, though.

Well as you said before most enemys wont even be hit by a Talis so saying it is better for casting then Wands is kinda wrong dont you think ? A weapon which cannot hit cannot deal damage.

@Gilver-Redgrave I failed to mention this part, sorry - Talis can used to cast both in your hand and thrown. When in your hand, it is a direct upgrade to wands in terms of casting, and doesn't have problems hitting enemies. The trouble comes when using talis "as intended", or throwing it. Because enemies move (rather quickly as well), it becomes burdensome or even impossible to keep redeploying the talis to aim at weakpoints or to even keep it in range of the enemy. Fo's talis power up skill requires the talis to be thrown to get the damage bonus, which is why (in addition to the fact that much of fo's casting QoL only applies for rods) nobody sane uses talis as Fo. This isn't an issue for Te, however, where talis is essentially equivalent to wands without this damage bonus (and the talis bonus is still there if you ever get the chance to actually use it if for some reason you're still subbing fo with successors out).

You're not using a talis to actually hit enemy with the talis throw. With the talis, you are gaining access to mirage(short mirage preferrably) without having to turn off wand lover and mobility with tech cast gliding as releasing techniques on wand in air makes you stay still at a spot.

@HarmlessSyan said in How do you play techer?:

You're not using a talis to actually hit enemy with the talis throw. With the talis, you are gaining access to mirage(short mirage preferrably) without having to turn off wand lover and mobility with tech cast gliding as releasing techniques on wand in air makes you stay still at a spot.

Yeah, this basically.

if this was in response to what i said and not the same question about talis i was answering, i can see why you'd interpret it this way, but i'm not talking about literally throwing the talis at the enemy but throwing it out so that you can cast from it: i'm also saying this is not exactly worthwhile to do either and that talis should be used "from the hand" instead just to gain the perks you mentioned