Skill Tree Reset Pass in AC Shop

@TQuinTV said in Skill Tree Reset Pass in AC Shop:

I'm also prepared for any additional pointless rebuttal. a373429b-4c07-4599-8e06-884a5dbbe674-image.png

If I jumped off from your ego to your IQ I'd die from the drop.

@Milk I don't see anything.

@AndrlCh said in Skill Tree Reset Pass in AC Shop:

You're not wrong, but it is still a reason why someone might use a reset over buying a new mag. The other, more ludicrous and unlikely reason might be that someone has reached the limit on the number of mags they own and needs to reset one since they can't buy a new one.

That'd be pretty crazy yeah, the limit allows for pretty much any combination of mags you could want.

If I understand it right, after you've bought Add Skill Tree (500 AC) once, you can use Move Skill Tree (100 SG) to move that extra skill tree away from and back to the class you want (200 SG total) to reset it, right? If so, 1000 AC buys 240 SG so not only does this accomplish what is asked for but you get 40 SG out of it too.

Moreover just buying the extra skill tree in the first place allows you to buy it for the class you want and you don't have to use Move Skill Tree, so that's a 500 AC saving.

You can use a Mag Form Change Pass on any mag on the same character and pick from any of the used Appearance Devices; I have done it many times.

Yeah, I guess I wasn't clear enough; on Global any evolution devices we use are saved on that character, and the use of a Mag Form Change Pass will allow us to turn any of our mags (even ones other than the ones we used the evolution device on) into that form. This means if you really wanted to you could buy one expensive evolution device and turn multiple mags into that form.

What I was describing before was that the Form Change system didn't always exist on JP; if I recall it was created in 2014. Evolution devices existed before then, and any that had been used were not saved to the character. This means some veteran JP players will have mags with unique forms they cannot Form Change other mags into (or even that mag if they changed away from it). A Mag Reset device would be useful for that, which Global doesn't have to worry about.

@Miraglyth said in Skill Tree Reset Pass in AC Shop:

If I understand it right, after you've bought Add Skill Tree (500 AC) once, you can use Move Skill Tree (100 SG) to move that extra skill tree away from and back to the class you want (200 SG total) to reset it, right? If so, 1000 AC buys 240 SG so not only does this accomplish what is asked for but you get 40 SG out of it too.

Moreover just buying the extra skill tree in the first place allows you to buy it for the class you want and you don't have to use Move Skill Tree, so that's a 500 AC saving.

Actually, you don't even need to move it to another class; I just tested it out on the only Extra Skill Tree I have ever bought, and just selecting the class that it is already on will reset the SP, meaning it only costs 100SG to reset your Extra Skill Tree.

@Milk You are mistaken. You can use a Mag Form Change Pass on any mag on the same character and pick from any of the used Appearance Devices; I have done it many times.

Oh you’re right, my bad. I was misremembering character VS account because I started over with a new main and couldn’t use mag skins I had unlocked on my previous character.

I'm gonna go the other way. I think they should grant ll players a free Skill Tree Reset Pass once a month on PSO2 Day. There is no need to money gate this, especially at the game's end.

Actually, you don't even need to move it to another class; I just tested it out on the only Extra Skill Tree I have ever bought, and just selecting the class that it is already on will reset the SP, meaning it only costs 100SG to reset your Extra Skill Tree.

This is on me; I tracked down a video of someone doing just that but didn't watch it carefully enough. Seeing some skills were unlocked after they did a self-swap I incorrectly concluded it wasn't reset; those skills were ones that start unlocked. My bad!

So yes, it's 100 SG. That means if you have a spare tree a 500 AC purchase gets you a skill reset and 20 SG on top. As such a 1000 AC option that only does the reset seems pointless.

OP asks for Reset pass. Sega removed said pass based on player data. OP insists people want Reset pass.

/derp

Since it looks like this is it for classes until New Genesis and class releases were the only time we were getting reset passes, this really needs to happen. I'm aware you can buy another sheet and use the move for SG feature to get around it, but people will pay more just for the convenience. You could easily sell this for twice the amount they charge for an extra skill sheet. Any new player coming to the game is going to mess up their skills a few times and need to start over.

Hey! That's how they get sales, since there are no other options. Player enjoyment be damned.

This post is deleted!

I think the funny part of this thread is that he has 2 people unblocked and talks down to those two people. lmao.

Report and move on, I guess. The silly thing is this topic has literally broken down how the options we do have are cheaper and give more extras, but this rude refusal to engage in the discussion has prevented them seeing any of it. What are we supposed to do? 🤷

@Krinos said in Skill Tree Reset Pass in AC Shop:

I'm also prepared for any additional pointless rebuttal.

alt text

Your ample lack of toleration, and self-absorbed nature make me believe you didn't get invited to many birthday parties as a kid, and that your dad never hugged you.

The previous posters in this thread answered your question, and even threw in a little bonus for you to save a bit of money. Rather than spending 1000 ac on a skill reset ticket, where as it just costs 300 ac to buy an additional skill tree, and 100 SG to swap it if needed.

So in your own words Mr. Zealot-gaming-activist; smaller words for you, that many other users can agree on: Get bent.

Such a shame he won't see this.

@Astral-Lettie said in Skill Tree Reset Pass in AC Shop:

@Krinos said in Skill Tree Reset Pass in AC Shop:

I'm also prepared for any additional pointless rebuttal.

alt text

Your ample lack of toleration, and self-absorbed nature make me believe you didn't get invited to many birthday parties as a kid, and that your dad never hugged you.

The previous posters in this thread answered your question, and even threw in a little bonus for you to save a bit of money. Rather than spending 1000 ac on a skill reset ticket, where as it just costs 300 ac to buy an additional skill tree, and 100 SG to swap it if needed.

So in your own words Mr. Zealot-gaming-activist; smaller words for you, that many other users can agree on: Get bent.

Such a shame he won't see this.

Considering the responses he did. Since the comment got deleted he likely got suspended too. He got THAT triggered from being intellectual owned when he claimed to be smarter lol.

Still here. 😄