Stop insulting people's chars your char ain't any better.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Stop insulting people's chars your char ain't any better.:

@SomeRandom said in Stop insulting people's chars your char ain't any better.:

@Anarchy-Marine said in Stop insulting people's chars your char ain't any better.:

@SomeRandom No it seems like there is a huge misunderstanding, and you are overreacting a bit. Granted they are also overreacting, point is all three of you need to take a chill pill.

Oh I'm mot misunderstanding anything. But I'm not about to copy paste what all was said to me over the years just to prove that this happens when it should be obvious people are rude.

They weren't being rude, they said that the other people in game used their right to speak on the topic, you overreacted to the notion. While yes, their opinion of your character in game wasn't wanted, technically speaking, you could have blocked them in game, and moved on with your day. The people replying in your forum, overreacted to your overreaction, by not taking the time to explain this point of logic to you.

Because I don't tolerate rude statements im overreacting? Nope don't agree with that at all. It's ridiculous to assume people have to put up with offensive statements.

@SomeRandom No it seems like there is a huge misunderstanding, and you are overreacting a bit. Granted they are also overreacting, point is all three of you need to take a chill pill.

Oh I'm mot misunderstanding anything. But I'm not about to copy paste what all was said to me over the years just to prove that this happens when it should be obvious people are rude.

They weren't being rude, they said that the other people in game used their right to speak on the topic, you overreacted to the notion. While yes, their opinion of your character in game wasn't wanted, technically speaking, you could have blocked them in game, and moved on with your day. The people replying in your forum, overreacted to your overreaction, by not taking the time to explain this point of logic to you.

I don't even know what their character looks like. I'm so confused.

@SuccubusAlice Yes, but calling for a thread lock isn't entirely fair. We don't know if this is an issue they have been dealing with for a time, and we also don't know if harassment isn't involved.

@SuccubusAlice said in Stop insulting people's chars your char ain't any better.:

@Anarchy-Marine Honestly I'm more just confused.

Coming at people with rage from the start, especially if they are trying to agree with someone, doesn't really give the best impression.

"rage" because I don't fall in line with your view. Once again nice gaslighting.

@SuccubusAlice Yes, but calling for a thread lock isn't entirely fair. We don't know if this is an issue they have been dealing with for a time, and we also don't know if harassment isn't involved.

True, but harassment involved or not, we are just spectators entirely outside of this situation.

Doesn't make it any more right to just lash out endlessly, nor does it help with us trying to understand OP's views.

Because I don't tolerate rude statements im overreacting? Nope don't agree with that at all. It's ridiculous to assume people have to put up with offensive statements.

I mean that's life pal? You ever work retail at a job? You have to put up with rude customers all the time, and you learn it's not worth getting upset over. You also learn to de-escalate situations.

@SuccubusAlice said in Stop insulting people's chars your char ain't any better.:

True, but harassment involved or not, we are just spectators entirely outside of this situation.

Doesn't make it any more right to just lash out endlessly, nor does it help with us trying to understand OP's views.

It doesn't help me to understand you if you are assuming things about me.

True, which is why I'm trying to get OP to understand that reacting that way isn't mature.

I mean that's life pal? You ever work retail at a job? You have to put up with rude customers all the time, and you learn it's not worth getting upset over. You also learn to de-escalate situations.

I'm aware there are assholes everywhere. I'm aware that a thread on a video game forum won't amount to much. But at the same time if people are allowed to be assholes I should be allowed to vent my annoyance with holier than thou judgmental behavior over someone's fashion sense on a video game.

@SomeRandom Nobody is attacking you here, you got defensive over what? Someone telling you the truth? You get judged for everything in life, so you either get used to it, or chewed up and spit out by the world at large. Is it right? No. Is it fair? No, because likely those judgemental fools would hate to be judged in the manner they have judged others. But given the fact you have no rights to control other people, you can choose to block them, and move on.

That was the point they were making.

OP, this isn't even becoming about fashion anymore.

You seem very new to online spaces, nobody who so much as disagrees with you is your enemy. They don't hate you or think any less of you. Heck, me and others coming into this thread otherwise support you despite some differences in opinion.

However, by lashing out, assuming things, and constantly treating people with other opinions as the enemy, you don't make yourself appear like a kind or innocent individual yourself.

I'm sure you still have good intentions at heart, but going about it in this hateful rage doesn't make you any better than the people you claim insulted you so much.

Take a moment to calm down.

Wait a minute.

Years?

Did you model your character after your actual appearance? Is that why it bothers you so much? It’s just a character, it’s not us.

@Milk said in Stop insulting people's chars your char ain't any better.:

Wait a minute.

Years?

Did you model your character after your actual appearance? Is that why it bothers you so much? It’s just a character, it’s not us.

Not in that context. OP was likely talking about dealing with forum users on other sites, editing their posts after the fact. I also quote some for that same reason, or to reply directly to a post like yours, so that there is context.

@Milk said in Stop insulting people's chars your char ain't any better.:

Wait a minute.

Years?

Not in that context. OP was likely talking about dealing with forum users on other sites, editing their posts after the fact. I also quote some for that same reason, or to reply directly to a post like yours, so that there is context.

Oh I see. There just seemed to be a personal offense from the first reply, something about not being a tan barbie doll? It reads like a player that has been hurt irl but I could be way off. Your context makes a lot more sense.

What a topic.

Can't say I've ever seen this reaction to someone's cut-ins though, but also I don't think you can really pull the "whoa dude just mind your own business" card when you use a function that has no other purpose than to show off your char to other people. When you start using cut-ins you're basically opening yourself up to peoples' opinions about what you're showing them, positive or negative.