Stop insulting people's chars your char ain't any better.

Seen this all the time someone does a cut in someone goes "ew" or some jerkish comment. Or if someone is a certain shape they come up and comment how they need to fix their character.

Get off your high horse dude, people do stuff deliberately, so what if they don't want to use this face variant everyone uses?

alt text

So what if we don't want to make our characters dark colored? Or overly thin?

Some people don't want to look like you or everyone else. Stop calling peoples eyes or makeup "creepy".

It really comes down to “I can’t lewd your character”, otherwise why does it matter to them? People can be really outspoken and rude sometimes, I’d just ignore them. No matter what a jerk is gonna jerk, all that matters is you’re happy with your character.

@Milk said in Stop insulting people's chars your char ain't any better.:

It really comes down to “I can’t lewd your character”, otherwise why does it matter to them? People can be really outspoken and rude sometimes, I’d just ignore them. No matter what a jerk is gonna jerk, all that matters is you’re happy with your character.

yeah foreal you cant make tanned skin barbie then people will hate on you its lame

@SomeRandom Please post your character.

A fair point, but not everyone must like your character either.

I follow the "my character, my rules" if the person wants to lewd his character or make an abomination he is freely to do so and no one can critisize it after all anyone can do it.

The one character I ever truly had an “oh sweet jesus what is that” feeling about was clearly deliberately going for those reactions. He was a gigantic pepto bismol man with skin like a balloon(how did he do that?) with the fake bosom accessory as a big ol’ butt and fetish looking outfit. He was marvelous, cursed like some kind of Shrek creature.

That character legitimately gave me a panic attack because he just came out of nowhere.

But you know even if I’m kind of scared of bondage balloon man Shrek, I gotta hand it to his creativity.

People can make their character the way they want to. I guarantee if someone said they couldn't have certain outfits, and had the same "ew" response, they would start a crusade to remove that person from their ship. It's why I despise double standards, and try to treat others the way I wish to be treated. Unless someone is toxic to me first, I don't treat someone like that period. I'm sorry someone had nothing better to do than sit there and give you grief over a character design choice. People like that, typically are self loathing creatures, and project it onto others. Misery loves company, and many people, from many walks of life are capable of it. And their tell is their attempt to control others, or putting others down, when the person they were putting down was nothing but kind, and it wasn't warranted in the first place.

@SuccubusAlice said in Stop insulting people's chars your char ain't any better.:

I don't care if they don't, They just need to shut up about it. I don't go around asking for their opinions.

@Laep said in Stop insulting people's chars your char ain't any better.:

@SomeRandom Please post your character.

Square up, bro. Lets see your character.

@SomeRandom said in Stop insulting people's chars your char ain't any better.:

@SuccubusAlice said in Stop insulting people's chars your char ain't any better.:

I don't care if they don't, They just need to shut up about it. I don't go around asking for their opinions.

True, but it also doesn't mean they aren't allowed to state their opinion either.

Now if they are just hurling actual, legitimate insults instead of "I don't like this" or "Something looks off to me", then yeah I'll understand.

True, but it also doesn't mean they aren't allowed to state their opinion either.

Now if they are just hurling actual, legitimate insults instead of "I don't like this" or "Something looks off to me", then yeah I'll understand.

You have nothing nice to say you can keep it to yourself.

Getting the slight impression this isn't leaning in the "actual insults" direction.

You have nothing nice to say you can keep it to yourself.

You aren't allowed to have an opinion here, fellas.

@SuccubusAlice I'm getting the impression you are one of these jerks.