Will graphics update fix extreme pelvic tilt?

I'm surprised no one has ever said a word on this, honestly. The posture of PSO2 characters is back-breakingly terrible. Every character has an extreme posterior pelvic tilt that would render these characters crippled by age 40. It's not completely clear in videos, most of which don't film at angles that would catch it, so I'm wondering if the graphics update will fix the postures of PSO2 characters.

I'm assuming you're talking about the female idle animation, since I think in other animations (including the female idle in the salon) + in male animations the posture's fine, at least as far as I can tell.

In which case, I'm pretty sure it was. At the very least there's a new idle animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtHf2KjoMX0&t=14m58s

That clip shows the new stand animation + also some running. I assume they made a new animation because characters are basically unisex now, so they wanted animations that could fit both well.

It's not part of the PSO2 graphical update though, a friend posted a pic from it and he still had the old female idling animation. So, don't know if this is NGS-area-specific, or something you get when you use an NGS body, or what.

omg, I thought I was the only one. The female character idle animation bothered me ever since, but I ended up dealing with it. BUT, I'm so happy in NGS we can customize lots of basic core animations! Wonder what kind of idle, walking, running, etc. there will be...

in resume no it won't fix but it will give you the tools to fix it yourself

NGS will allow you to select any idle and run animation for your character including new defaults, plus they have already revealed the desire that new animations will be introduced via scratches for you to utilize. (This does not come with the graphics update but NGS release.)

@Xaiyeon said in Will graphics update fix extreme pelvic tilt?:

omg, I thought I was the only one.

Absolutely not, ever since the original PSO2 Japanese Alpha there were people complaining and mocking how spines dont work that way. Unfortunate it took 10 years to have something not horrible.

Yeah, I thought I remembered something about customizable animations too, but I couldn't find wherever I heard that previously. Cool if true, though.

I also always wondered why the character also doesn't face straight ahead either, they always have their heads turned, which is annoying for placing accessories without having them clip for some hairstyles.

I read about the optional idle poses from a Reddit AMA from a tester so I’m hoping!

So PSO2 won't get the fixed spine? Dang. I don't plan to play NGS so I guess my character will just have a crooked spine forever.

@BloodyKyona said in Will graphics update fix extreme pelvic tilt?:

So PSO2 won't get the fixed spine? Dang. I don't plan to play NGS so I guess my character will just have a crooked spine forever.

Well not entirely sure why you wouldn't want to play NGS. But if you want the new idle animations to fix it, just be patient m and maybe that will be in an AC scratch. You also might be able to half fix your posture in the character creation from what I heard.

Not entirely sure what the deal is on that though, since I watched a vid of the graphics update and "Edit Run Animation" was a menu option, but also greyed out. So idk if that's temporary and PSO2 would also be able to edit later, or if it'll be a NGS-only thing, or if that menu option even covers the idle since it says "Run Animation". Mysterious.

@Akonyl That "Edit Run Animation" is most likely to be what we can find in global as the "Select Movement Type" option in the salon. The option itself has been available for a pretty long time. In global, this option is only available for CASTs not in humanoid form.

But under the graphic update in JP, the option becomes grayed out when the character doesn't have a CAST physique. After the graphic update, the restrictions on outfits based on race or gender have been removed, so even a non-CAST character can wear a CAST body to have a CAST physique. In such case, that character also have an access to this option and be able to choose between run or hover.

A bit off topic, under current version in JP, characters can change the angle of the neck when they have NGS physique (i.e. wearing NGS clothing).

neckangle1.jpg

neckangle2.jpg

Note: this character is using old PSO2 face and hairstyle.

@Fiona-Respha said in Will graphics update fix extreme pelvic tilt?:

@Akonyl That "Edit Run Animation" is most likely to be what we can find in global as the "Select Movement Type" option in the salon. The option itself has been available for a pretty long time. In global, this option is only available for CASTs not in humanoid form.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, I've known about CAST's toggle, but for some reason it didn't even occur to me that that option might be that, but that totally makes sense.

The neck angle thing is a little strange, but also kinda makes sense why in one video I saw there seemed to be a slight weirdness in how the head moved in relation to the body, which might be something caused by the neck angle being a configurable thing now.