Armada Training: Final Lament Failures

Ok first of let me start out by saying by failures I do not mean a complete failure like people using all their moon atomizers and getting a C-Rank. I am talking about when multiple objectives are failed in just about every other way in this UQ.

It's annoying that a big issue I see in this UQ (much like in the Defense Ops and Buster Quest UQs in the past) is people not trying nearly hard enough considering how easy it can be to mess up getting even an A Rank, nevermind an S Rank. Like I don't mean you have to be a tryhard, but I keep seeing people that get hit by every single attack, no one buffing anyone with shifta even though there's multiple classes that can use techs (deband honestly doesn't really do much at the high difficulty levels unless you're a techter, or simply use it because you're a bouncer, so I could see not casting that maybe), etc.

Most people I've seen in this UQ (including me) do not have skydance support, so yes having the people that can cast techs use shifta, is still very much important. Usually even when there's not a phantom, force, techter or bouncer, there is at least a hero, so even then there should still be someone casting it, as hero can use techs.

The time I played this that annoyed me most however is when there was a techter, that didn't cast shifta during the battle with Exegul and that other boss, when the effect wore off for everyone before even reaching that room. They didn't even use the heavy hammer Photon Art for wands, and had a phantom sub (so I assume they should have the tech pp cost and cast speed reduction skill that reduces tech damage), so I don't really know what else the techter was doing most of the battle, as without that photon art the most damage you could do to those enemies is basically a tickle.

Anyway sorry to go into ranting territory, but I just wish people would try harder considering how easy it already is to mess up this UQ. I don't really get why people aren't trying considering that fact, but wish they would put more effort into this UQ than they do. I notice the further into the UQ the players get the less and less effort they seem to put into it for some reason. I'll see them absolutely destroy the first few enemies then take forever to kill even one after that. People should really try more in this particular UQ than they do.

Part of the problem is random players not prioritizing the right targets on the E-Code sections, the first one when all the mechs spawn in people don't use PAs/Techs that group mobs together or don't use enough AoEs to wipe out the smaller ones fast enough and no concentrated attacks on the larger ones. The other E-Code has the 2 huge mechs, again lack of target priority, random people just go after what ever is closest to them instead of taking out Exegul first since he is the tougher one, and killing the other one second since he is not as much of a threat.

There is even the lack of support when players are on the Photon Cannons or when mobs swarm someone, quite a few times I have been dropped and the cannon destroyed because other players are not killing the mob groups behind me. Inside the ship I have had both knights and tanks on me in the side tunnel when trying to shoot down the gold fighter, and almost no one else was attacking those mobs.

As a Ranger, I using just about everything I have to kill the mobs and bosses as fast as I can, Grav Bombs to bunch up mobs and following up with explosions, using Divine Launcher Zero in OTS view to kill the bomb throwing mobs after fighting the huge bug, the launcher Build Up PA and hitting Luther form on Exegul to cause massive damage, then missile spamming the other boss mech. I use Blight Rounds on the final 3 bosses and keep it refreshed, while saving my Photon Blast to block the damage from Shiva's pull in attack. I do also use Slidebusrt Zero in several places to have continuous fire while still dodging attacks.

This is one of the most complicated UQs so far, yet most people just don't learn the mechanics or work together with each other, and this is what is causing most of the failed objectives.

@LazerRay Yeah, that pretty much sums it all up.

I take personal issue with people burning their Dark Blasts on Shiva rather than on Exegul since the former does not have a time limit, and if they've been at least trying to pull their own weight, it should be up by then.

Things should get better once they release the final two weapon series but strangely I never really had any issues running it with PUGs. I constantly get 3 runs most of them are with S rank (not that the rank even effects the drops to begin with). We're usually done with the first area after 4-5 min and are at Exegul at around 7-8 min. The time for the last 3 generally depends on whether or not we have a Ra and / or a Te in the MPA but it's usually over between 10-13 min.

@CalvinaCoulange said in Armada Training: Final Lament Failures:

I take personal issue with people burning their Dark Blasts on Shiva rather than on Exegul since the former does not have a time limit

The issue would be more that people use their dark blast at all.

You must be pretty lucky with the PUGs then. I'm fortunate enough when groups are able to destroy the fleet section targets, much less both mega bots.

@Riesz FWIW, the Iclusio Culte is an all-class talis that has a built-in PA which casts both shifta and deband at the same time. I mostly play solo and it's been a worthwhile investment, especially since getting Skydance Support to keep the buffs active after double casting at the start of a mission.

@Ryoga said in Armada Training: Final Lament Failures:

Things should get better once they release the final two weapon series but strangely I never really had any issues running it with PUGs.

Friend, people are still going into the urgent with 13* weapons.

I keep getting bad runs but I just like the fights so it doesn’t bother me as much about failed runs. People are pretty much hilariously bad, I can either get angry or laugh. I’ve only gotten two S ranks and I’ve been doing this one since it came out. 🙃

PSO2 JP just added Crack I, III, V, Divine Will, Divine Order to Shiva drop pool

Never had an issue with this UQ in PUGs but not denying there aint community issues but the only way to fix that is to promote proper play manners since if Expert Matching was introduced it will still happen. It is very tricky to solve this issue without some sort of Global specific developed solution against it which the developers are currently focused on pushing out NGS.

I honestly believe one of the main issues is people are gearing up.

This was taken from my first Final Lament that just happened: Screenshot_13.png It's just straight up leeching.

Honestly, I wish they would implement some kind of gear requirement for urgents.

I'm just baffled on how people still use 13*-14* weapons when Collection Folder Croesus exists (stupid low stat requirements & better dmg than Atlas/Trailblazer if you don't get the Redux potential).

@Riesz said in Armada Training: Final Lament Failures:

deband honestly doesn't really do much at the high difficulty levels unless you're a techter, or simply use it because you're a bouncer, so I could see not casting that maybe

Actually defense does get more relevant on UH since the damage reduction has a multiplier and it's not just a flat dmg decrease

@Ryoga said in Armada Training: Final Lament Failures:

The issue would be more that people use their dark blast at all.

Yeah lol. Dark Blast was useful on EP5 but it's not that good on EP6.

So to the people who say that people shouldn't be undergeared in UH content, would this apply to to highly skilled players? Because from what many people say better gear doesn't equate to skill, and a player with worse gear that can stay alive is better than a player with good gear that eats the floor a lot.

This is true, but generally any good player will have at least the Millionaire set of gear, since that's basically free.

Being undergeared in content is generally not a fault of the players though, but rather the game. If you were to play PSO2 without any guides (and really, this should be the baseline you should be working on, "yoU SHuLd be reSearCHing -- fuck off with this), I could see very easily how people are in UH with only 13-14* equipment.

People just use what they come across directly and whatever has the bigger number. Think about back to when you started RPGs and other similar games, you most likely did the exact same thing instead of poring over guides or advice about how to get super strong gear as fast as possible.

PSO2 doesn't do a particularly good job at guiding players to their next, or appropriate, equipment upgrade without outside sources. With no sort of gear requirement on stuff, people are naturally going to play the hardest thing available for the best equipment, and in content such as 12/12 MPAs, you're not really going to get a good judgement as to what is too weak or good enough. IF everyone else is carrying you in pugs, as is evident by the amount of people complaining on these forums, you don't realise you're doing badly at all, and will just continue playing as is.

Most RPGs also tend to have level have a much more significant meaning, so many people also believe that simply being levelled is enough, but naturally this isn't the case for PSO2. After level 20 even, you hardly get any stats from levelling up, so in practice, a level 80 and a level 100 are kind of the same... (obviously this isn't quite true due to 85 skills and SP, but it isn't that significant)