Cannot change a single setting in environment settings

Every time my friend tries to change any single setting in Environment Settings, it just does not save, and says "failed to save settings" with no extra context. Not only that, there was only a single other forum asking this same question, which didn't even answer the question, and instead was answered with downloading a special updater, which can always be even more difficult. Any ideas to my friends issue?

Any help is wonderful! 🙂

They need to make sure One Drive isn't working and try running the launcher as an admin. The majority of these problems occur because One Drive is syncing data in the Documents folder, which effectively holds the entire folder hostage and only allows copying files in, rather than changing files within on-the-fly.

エロリ.png my friend has nightmares i don't think she can play the game anymore she has 4gb ram, Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1000M @ 1.80GHz, Intel R something GPU at 32MB+, she could run it before the upgrade with no issues but now she can't :I

@meichanxiaoqi 2 things, is that the JP client because if it is then yeah that machine can't run the game anymore, Sega changed the graphic engine and now it requires more power to run the game and a Celeron with 1.8GHz and a Intel integrated with 32MB are way lower than the required for the game.

if is not JP client from where is trying to access?

i Live in Tokyo but she is in Kyoto(For now coming back with travel im waiting her <3), i ordered her Alienware laptop from the website (white version) 32gb ram I7+GPUSI9 blabla specs and other for320000¥ she can run it there at maximum graphics, they were suggesting versions of them from the clients and also in news and emails, i took a look at them they look very unique for gaming so i decided to gift her one, i have latest Asus with 62gb ram blabla gpus and cpus no problems here, but the delivery due to covid and bla bla they take too much time they said 3 days and now they went to one week and she want to play now, i suggested her to play soul worker with me until the arrival of her new computer she is happy but she want to play now what can i do, i cannot have fun without her, and i dont want her to cry ❤

well for next time don't buy a Alienware is too expensive for what you actually get, they were really good before but now is just a overpriced shell of their former self also tell her to keep an eye to any weird thing that happens Alienware has some horrible stories of failing hardware.

@meichanxiaoqi That was a very nice thing you did for her. I hope for the best for your friendship. I understand how your friend feels, I was unable to play PSO2 for almost a month. However, remind her that PSO2 isn't going away and there is a lot of other stuff she can do while she waits. You guys should watch a Netflix or Disney+ series together (do they have that in Japan?) and discuss it on Discord. Also, tell her to prepare for the new computer, like backing up her pictures and documents to move.

@meichanxiaoqi Dude I'm sorry to hear about your girl! But I can almost guarantee that at least in the American version, a Celeron of all things is not enough to play that game with good graphics, as I have an Intel i5, and even now my computer still lags a little bit (not often though). I suggest going with @Ragnawind 's idea to turn off One Drive if you have it, and make sure the program is being run as admin so you can change settings. Also Ragna I don't know if it worked or not because my friend hasn't gotten back to me yet, best wishes though meichan.

@Ragnawind So my friend doesn't have One Drive, and has the "Run as Administrator" option turned on. He still can't change his settings, any other tips?

@tojake2 said in Cannot change a single setting in environment settings:

@Ragnawind So my friend doesn't have One Drive, and has the "Run as Administrator" option turned on. He still can't change his settings, any other tips?

you can try going to the user profile/documents/sega/phantasystaronline2 folder and making a backup of the user.pso2 file in a folder on your desktop or something and deleting it from the folder t was originally in. It should create a new file next time your load the game

Do you know what is causing this issue though? We might be able to reverse this from what is wrong

@Ragnawind nevermind, he said he verified the integrity of his files and they came up with an issue. I will keep you updated!

@Ragnawind So we finally got back in touch, but there has been no such luck. He says he still can't affect any of the environment settings still, and cannot choose full screen.

@tojake2 said in Cannot change a single setting in environment settings:

@Ragnawind So we finally got back in touch, but there has been no such luck. He says he still can't affect any of the environment settings still, and cannot choose full screen.

Do they have a multi-monitor setup, in other words, do they use multiple monitors or a monitor and TV, etc. If so, only have one monitor connected and try again. Also, is the account they use to sign into Windows a Microsoft Account or a local account, and is it an Administrator on the PC, rather than a standard user?

Oh jeez sorry! These notifications never show up, I'll be sure to check in daily for you I really am sorry. I will ask them now