PSA: You do not own anything you obtain in microtransaction purchases.

@Laep said in PSA: You do not own anything you obtain in microtransaction purchases.:

@TQuinTV said in PSA: You do not own anything you obtain in microtransaction purchases.:

You are deleted.

8f8.jpg

No... not like this...

This and @FANtasyStarOnline 's response had me dying from laughter. You have your moments Leap. They are rare, but when you have them, they are gold.

LOL. Someone who is butthurt about being blocked on here keeps trying and failing to troll me on other platforms. Real sad boy hours over there.

Honestly it's better to stick to free play on this game. It's incredibly greedy.

@TQuinTV said in PSA: You do not own anything you obtain in microtransaction purchases.:

LOL. Someone who is butthurt about being blocked on here keeps trying and failing to troll me on other platforms. Real sad boy hours over there.

How do you know they are butthurt on here about being blocked? You blocked them and cannot see how they feel about it.

It's a stretch to imagine anyone could be upset about being unable to see posts from an account that has only ever posted in this topic.

Without wanting to sound judgmental, we shouldn't dismiss the possibilities that this user has (by any means) angered someone elsewhere and is misplacing their blame, or that this supposed troll does not exist.

If they do exist though - and moreover if they actually are here and were upset that easily - they should really grow up. No matter the excuse, harassment is harassment.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in PSA: You do not own anything you obtain in microtransaction purchases.:

How do you know they are butthurt on here about being blocked? You blocked them and cannot see how they feel about it.

That's a humiliating checkmate if I ever saw one lol.

Forgive me if I sound a bit blunt but... how exactly is this from any other game with ingame purchases? A lot of things here concerning ingame purchases are really common sense if you play any other game operating on the service model. Even a subscription-based game like Final Fantasy XIV, if the game were to shut down you won't get your money back for all those months you've been spending money on.

I'm not gonna pick at OPs intention making the original post, at the best case scenario they were genuinely trying to be informative. I'm moreso puzzled regarding the reaction of others here... if the things said here are as bad as they seem, why aren't any complaints directed at literally any other game or service operating in a similar manner? Why is this suddenly an issue specific to PSO2 an 'yet another example of SEGA being SEGA'?

@Leonkh99 I appreciate the benefit of the doubt. Genuinely my only intention was to inform anyone who might not know. I didn't think that would turn into kicking the hornet's nest and to be honest I'm not sure why any of the people who responded negatively felt like they needed to say anything except that they're people who love drama and were desperate to be upset about something. I apologize if you've been slammed with petty rebuttals from the bridge trolls. I've got them all blocked, so I don't see any of it.

@Leonkh99 I appreciate the benefit of the doubt. Genuinely my only intention was to inform anyone who might not know. I didn't think that would turn into kicking the hornet's nest and to be honest I'm not sure why any of the people who responded negatively felt like they needed to say anything except that they're people who love drama and were desperate to be upset about something. I apologize if you've been slammed with petty rebuttals from the bridge trolls. I've got them all blocked, so I don't see any of it.

You clearly responded in another thread so you clearly see all of it.

Stop insulting others and maybe, JUST MAYBE, you wouldn't be harassed the same way you harass others.

Just a thought.

@Leonkh99 said in PSA: You do not own anything you obtain in microtransaction purchases.:

I'm moreso puzzled regarding the reaction of others here... if the things said here are as bad as they seem, why aren't any complaints directed at literally any other game or service operating in a similar manner?

This confuses me. The vast majority if not all of the replies in this topic did acknowledge that PSO2 handles content ownership the same as any other live-service game. Who are you talking about here?

@Leonkh99 said in PSA: You do not own anything you obtain in microtransaction purchases.:

Forgive me if I sound a bit blunt but... how exactly is this from any other game with ingame purchases?

This has nothing to do with "ingame purchases" but the fact that everything is server sided. Phantasy Star Portable 2 for example was (mostly) client based and people who bought DLC costumes could ofc. keep them and the game even after SEGA abandoned it.

why aren't any complaints directed at literally any other game or service operating in a similar manner?

Except there are:

@Ryoga said in PSA: You do not own anything you obtain in microtransaction purchases.:

Aside from screwing over their player base many games could have just turned things from server sided to client sided upon shutting down and they don't even have to give things away for free either. Just put things into a store like Steam for X amount of cash, I'm sure many players would pay the price if that ment that they could keep their characters and still play the game after the termination of the live service (I know I would have bought several such games if I had the opportunity to do so).

I would love if they gave us that option instead of shutting down. Here’s hoping it never comes to that but I think we would have a fairly good chance, this is a more well known company than some of the other games I play.

@Ryoga said in PSA: You do not own anything you obtain in microtransaction purchases.:

Forgive me if I sound a bit blunt but... how exactly is this from any other game with ingame purchases?

This has nothing to do with "ingame purchases" but the fact that everything is server sided. Phantasy Star Portable 2 for example was (mostly) client based and people who bought DLC costumes could ofc. keep them and the game even after SEGA abandoned it.

why aren't any complaints directed at literally any other game or service operating in a similar manner?

Except there are:

Aside from screwing over their player base many games could have just turned things from server sided to client sided upon shutting down and they don't even have to give things away for free either. Just put things into a store like Steam for X amount of cash, I'm sure many players would pay the price if that ment that they could keep their characters and still play the game after the termination of the live service (I know I would have bought several such games if I had the opportunity to do so).

Using Phantasy Star Portable 2 as an example is unfortunately not the way to go as thats a completely different game, with a completely different market and a completely different scope. Believe me, I too would wish that somehow when the servers shut down they give somehow let us download our data and we continue Offline but if things really were as straightforward as that i'm pretty sure we'd be seeing other games doing it. The fact of the matter is its not really the norm for this style of game and would induce further (albeit a minor, i'll admit) development costs during a time when the company running things just wants to let go of the game altogether.

Using Phantasy Star Portable 2 as an example only proves that the game can be designed with such a system in mind from the start.... not so much that an existing system for a game on a massive scope, developed with a service model in mind and heavy reliance on the server (all the costumes exist client-side, the server just determines whether you 'own it' or not) can readily be converted into a Single player Offline (or at the very least, P2P) game with its purchase model changed completely.

The day such a thing is possible is the day that at least 6/10 'service games' would do such a transition.

@Miraglyth said in PSA: You do not own anything you obtain in microtransaction purchases.:

I'm moreso puzzled regarding the reaction of others here... if the things said here are as bad as they seem, why aren't any complaints directed at literally any other game or service operating in a similar manner?

This confuses me. The vast majority if not all of the replies in this topic did acknowledge that PSO2 handles content ownership the same as any other live-service game. Who are you talking about here?

My bad on that bit... I guess I was moreso referring to the first oh so people who were treating this as if it were a new thing... though in hindsight it does appear said people have left the thread altogether anyways...