PSA: You do not own anything you obtain in microtransaction purchases.

@Anarchy-Marine I was just trying to be helpful to people who don't know. If you already knew, then you've wasted your time reading it and don't have anything relevant to say.

Welcome to online only games. It's pretty well known that all you bought goes away the moment the game shuts down. It's in every ToS.

This isn't some revelation you're giving us here.

@Zeke This surplus of self-important garbage people who like hearing themselves talk is an extremely tired meme. On the bright side, this thread is doing stellar at highlighting who needs to be blocked so I don't have to be bothered by their existence going forward. Speaking of which.

@TQuinTV said in PSA: You do not own anything you obtain in microtransaction purchases.:

I was just trying to be helpful to people who don't know.

Respectfully, that doesn't seem to be needed here though. Every other person in this topic has expressed that this is common knowledge.

@Miraglyth Does that invalidate a desire to be helpful? Is thinking some people might not know based on my several experiences speaking directly with people who didn't mean I've done something wrong in trying to help? What exactly is the point you're trying to make? It's not like I could have thought that posting this would be really cool and make me super popular. CLEARLY being a pedantic troll and and trying to dunk on people for saying things you knew is how that goes around here, so that's obviously not my goal because I'm not a sad sack who gets their kicks trying to be cool in the internet by help shaming people. Consider for a second that MAYBE you only spend time with one type of person who is very much like you and it might benefit you to diversify the company that you keep so you don't end up looking like a presumptuous butthole. Also, be aware, nothing you say matters now. Anything you say about me will never meet my eyes. You morons can talk trash all you want. You are deleted.

I need to make a thread that when you put bread in the toaster it becomes toast.

In other news. If you aren't the right kind of positive to someone they call you a troll and blocks you. Go outside dude, like lmao.

I guess literally saying you're being respectful makes you a moron presumptuous butthole these days? 😕

Good golly, such hostility.

Someone really needs to get out of the house. That hostility was unwarranted. Also, that bit about diversifying company was a bad hot take. Especially when you turn around in the same statement and blow up at every person you disagree with.

The OP is super hostile towards anyone that posts. They're literally just posting, and hoping someone responds with something they want to hear. If you post anything else they get mad and block you.

@TQuinTV ALSO, I see you own about 300 steam games! Guess what, according to Steam's Terms of Use, you don't "Own" those either. It would be a shame to lose them all.

@TQuinTV said in PSA: You do not own anything you obtain in microtransaction purchases.:

This is from the TOU. Basically, if they ever decide to pull the plug, you have no right to anything you've bought. This is standard practice for any kind of modern live service game, but a lot of people generally misunderstand this. I'm not saying don't buy things. I've purchased several mags, auxiliaries, and permanent storage expansions. There's incredible value in some of this. But it's healthy to understand that when you spend money on a live service game, that purchase is tied to the game itself and when then game goes away, you will have nothing.

87e36074-f6c1-457d-873c-a465cbf6b48c-image.png

Generally, TOU isn't legally defensible and if enough people made a scene you could put together a class action suit after the fact. But that's neither here nor there. Let's just have fun and keep this game going for as long as possible. The more people play, the longer the server will stay alive and I'd imagine anyone here reading this wants that to be a thing that keeps being a thing for a long time.

i work for a bank and banks have no dispute rights over this situation at all. once you buy the merchandise (if its visa) or service (if its mastercard), then you received what you paid for at the time of purchase so you cant dispute it at all. its the sole reason i dont trust bitcoints. the same concept here. once you buy it and you receive it, if your account gets banned or they pull the plus its a done deal. you lost everything and cant recover it

@dllindsey12 said in PSA: You do not own anything you obtain in microtransaction purchases.:

This is from the TOU. Basically, if they ever decide to pull the plug, you have no right to anything you've bought. This is standard practice for any kind of modern live service game, but a lot of people generally misunderstand this. I'm not saying don't buy things. I've purchased several mags, auxiliaries, and permanent storage expansions. There's incredible value in some of this. But it's healthy to understand that when you spend money on a live service game, that purchase is tied to the game itself and when then game goes away, you will have nothing.

87e36074-f6c1-457d-873c-a465cbf6b48c-image.png

Generally, TOU isn't legally defensible and if enough people made a scene you could put together a class action suit after the fact. But that's neither here nor there. Let's just have fun and keep this game going for as long as possible. The more people play, the longer the server will stay alive and I'd imagine anyone here reading this wants that to be a thing that keeps being a thing for a long time.

i work for a bank and banks have no dispute rights over this situation at all. once you buy the merchandise (if its visa) or service (if its mastercard), then you received what you paid for at the time of purchase so you cant dispute it at all. its the sole reason i dont trust bitcoints. the same concept here. once you buy it and you receive it, if your account gets banned or they pull the plus its a done deal. you lost everything and cant recover it

In before they block you too because you posted something informative.

But yeah, this is pretty much all self-explanatory stuff for any company that doesn't want to take losses after final sales have been made.

@Milk No hostility. Just common sense. If you already know something that another person states, any response that doesn't add to the conversation is self-serving and attention seeking. I block people like that because they haven't been and won't be worth my time. Blocking them is better for everyone because any effort they make toward destructive self-service after the fact isn't seen by me, so it ends there. You're not blocked, so don't worry about it. Heck, it wouldn't be worth anyone's time to worry about even if they were.

@Milk No hostility. Just common sense. If you already know something that another person states, any response that doesn't add to the conversation is self-serving and attention seeking. I block people like that because they haven't been and won't be worth my time. Blocking them is better for everyone because any effort they make toward destructive self-service after the fact isn't seen by me, so it ends there. You're not blocked, so don't worry about it. Heck, it wouldn't be worth anyone's time to worry about even if they were.

So you're aiming for an echo-chamber in which if you're not "happy", they get blocked, rather than having a decent conversation with people.

Are you like a 12 year old narcissist or something? You do realize that blocking people doesn't make them disappear, and you'll be the odd one out in the end right?

A GM really should just delete this thread if it's just the OP expressing needless outrage.

For those who are wondering too why this guy is so unstable, he's apparently a fanatical "gaming activist" according to his youtube channel. The chances are he ALREADY KNEW that you own nothing in most MMO's, and just woke up and said "GEE, I'M GONNA START A FIRE!"

@TQuinTV

You said any response that doesn't add to the conversation is self-serving and attention seeking. Are you self-serving and attention seeking right now? My dude you belong to tumblr with that echochamber mindset.

"I want to join a fight club full of entitled little turds who talk trash on the internet and just destroy their whole situation."

Very Christian and gentleman like.