Mission Pass Season 14 Ugly Mixed Revival List

Season 14 continues the partial-revival format established from Season 11 onwards. As usual, here's the detail on which items in this season existed in previous seasons.

Past Topics

The List

Season 13 Tier Rewards Previous Season Previous Tier
Gold 03 Undereye Beauty Mark A, Undereye Beauty Mark B 5 Gold 01
Gold 09 (Note 1) Photon Chair (Rappy) 6 Normal 24
Gold 16 * Siegmund 7 Gold 20
Gold 17 Spiked Wristband, Spiked Collar 5 Gold 06
Gold 19 Granida Cape A, Granida Cape B, Granida Cape A CV 5 Gold 29 (Note 2)
Gold 20 (Note 3) Judgment Coat 5 Gold 08
Gold 21 Ilois Alcuria, Alcuria Long Hair, Alcuria Beret 5 Gold 28
Gold 22 Granida Parts set 5 Gold 29 (Note 2)
Gold 23 Nono Schwantz Parts set 5 Gold 05

Notes

1. This is presumed as the end-of-list picture of "Tier 9" in Season 13 ended up being Gold 09 when the season released.

2. In Season 5 Gold 29 the Granida parts set and the three Granida capes were all provided together. In Season 14 they are all provided but have been split into two separate tiers.

3. This tier also contains the weapon camo * Bladebastion Loylotto; this is not from a previous season.

Revival format notes

As promised in the last topic I shared a slightly recoloured image version of the below table on Twitter in an attempt to curb what last season was a common misunderstanding that Season 13 was all revived content:

Tier Seasons 1-10 Seasons 11+
05 New Female CAST Part set New Female CAST Part set
08 New Male non-CAST Outfit New Male non-CAST Outfit
10 New Male CAST Part set New Male CAST Part set
18 New Female non-CAST Outfit New Female non-CAST Outfit
20 No cosmetics Previous Male non-CAST Outfit
21 No cosmetics Previous Female non-CAST Outfit
22 No cosmetics Previous Male CAST Part set
23 No cosmetics Previous Female CAST Part set
27 New Male non-CAST Outfit New Male non-CAST Outfit
28 New Female non-CAST Outfit New Female non-CAST Outfit
29 New Male CAST Part set New Male CAST Part set
30 New Female CAST Part set New Female CAST Part set

The observations of Miraglyth as one person

With 9 tiers this season reverts the slight increase seen in Season 13 to match the number of revived tiers from Seasons 11 and 12. This may be partially in response to the negative feedback received last season. If so players' misguided complaint has led to us receiving fewer revived cosmetics - for no gain - and all we've accomplished is to harm ourselves.

All but two of the revived cosmetics come from Season 5. This is a positive change from Season 13 giving a surprising amount of cosmetics from Season 7. Thusfar I have seen less complaint about revived content in response to the Season 14 announcement, so this lends credence to my speculation that it was disliked because Season 7 was too recent.

The tier 20-23 outfit/parts revivals continue to get the four sets mixed up. This time the male non-CAST and female CAST options come from the first set of Season 5 (Gold 05, 08, 10 and 18) while the female non-CAST and male CAST options come from the second set (Gold 27-30). At this point we've had half the outfit options from Seasons 2 through 5, and are yet to see the second half for any of them, so they've yet to try to unpick the messes that continue to be created in this area.

Season 14 doesn't split up any revived accessory pairs, and the only outfit/hair/accessory combination it breaks up is the Granida parts and capes, which are both still provided so that is not an issue. This is a marked improvement over Season 13.

Once again none of the revivals remedy any of the non tradable cosmetics that PC players have never been able to get (the half of Season 1 that we didn't choose in Season 5, most of Season 2, tiers 24+ of Season 3).

I do want the Nono set since I wasn’t around for it, the other stuff not so much(maybe the female outfits if they weren’t humanoid only)

Man i can't believe that's still no Angriff Cast set yet 😕

@Nightowl said in Mission Pass Season 14 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

Lol right? It's almost a year since it was released and I would like it too as I never had an Xbox.

@Matt Yeah dood, it's one of my favorite Cast sets of all times and we as PC players didn't get the chance to get it 😕

@Milk said in Mission Pass Season 14 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

maybe the female outfits if they weren’t humanoid only

Just a heads-up, you should be able to equip the "humanoid only" outfits with your CAST once they release the graphics update on global.

@Nightowl said in Mission Pass Season 14 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

Honestly I'm not sure it'll happen. Thusfar the tier 20-23 revivals have given one of the two outfit sets for each race/gender combination from Seasons 2 through 5, and (with 3 and 2 being reversed) this looks like it might be a series now where we may always get half the outfits from 9 seasons prior.

The Season 2 male CAST part set we got was Melder, not Angriff. Based on the indication of a pattern we're more likely to get one of the Season 6 part sets next season than we are to get anything pre-PC. But if we do get the other half of Season 2 in the future, they've also got to unpick the mess from Season 11 to give us the combination of outfits and parts we didn't get in Season 11. Specifically:

• Adventos from Gold 27
  • Ballistic from Gold 28
  • Angriff parts from Gold 29
  • Medium parts from Gold 05.

The fact they're consistently mixing which groups they choose outfits/parts from to me is an indication that they have no intention of covering the other half of each season though.

At first it felt like they were only covering revivals for those who missed them prior to PC launch. Now it just seems like a cow, throwing up in its own mouth repeatedly. They're even including items from the Fresh Finds in AC scratches now apparently, things that were generally free to buy provided you obtained enough SG. Even then, the Fresh Finds seem to cycle the same items now from previous instances randomly. I just wish we'd stop recycling the same episode 1 to 4 outfits already.

@Krinos said in Mission Pass Season 14 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

At first it felt like they were only covering revivals for those who missed them prior to PC launch.

When was this? Season 11 was the first of the new format and just 2 of its 9 revival tiers had content previously unavailable to PC. I can't agree that these revivals have ever looked like they were even trying to make things right for PC players. It's a problem I think we've still yet to see be acknowledged exists.

They're even including items from the Fresh Finds in AC scratches now apparently

If you're talking about those school swimsuits, that's not quite the case. The regular and shadow versions that appears in Fresh Finds months ago were outfits, and the ones that have appeared in the newest AC scratch are [Ba] layered wear so they can be combined with [Ou] and [In] layers (consequently they need a discreet innerwear thanks to the lack of Smart Inner which is not an issue for the outfit versions).

Forgive me, I was mistaken about something I read in context.

With all of the mismatching of outfits and other items included in the recent mission pass seasons, do you suppose they're randomizing the revival outfits for each tier as if they would the Fresh Finds shop?

I saw that GM Deynger acknowledged the previous thread(s), but it seems any notice to their colleagues was made moot judging by the next subsequent seasons of the mission pass. It's just a guess on my part though, aside from someone in their sales dept possibly being incompetent, they're possibly hitting a randomizer, and going with whatever final version looks marketable.

With all of the mismatching of outfits and other items included in the recent mission pass seasons, do you suppose they're randomizing the revival outfits for each tier as if they would the Fresh Finds shop?

I don't know if they have a selection criteria. If so it could be whichever of the two options for each combination they guess people would want more. If Throwback Collection and the similar JP revivals are any indication Sega JP just really seem to love the idea of only ever bringing back a portion of previous content. It's beyond me how they could possibly think it's clever or interesting.

I saw that GM Deynger acknowledged the previous thread(s), but it seems any notice to their colleagues was made moot judging by the next subsequent seasons of the mission pass.

In fairness this season is at least free of breaking up previously grouped accessories like happened with the devil horns and Euclyta Short in Season 13. That might've been a positive outcome of that feedback. Still so much room for improvement though.

@Ryoga said in Mission Pass Season 14 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

@Milk said in Mission Pass Season 14 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

maybe the female outfits if they weren’t humanoid only

Just a heads-up, you should be able to equip the "humanoid only" outfits with your CAST once they release the graphics update on global.

Oh golly, I forgot about that! I’ll want the new NGS body though so it won’t be compatible(will just show old body), I still want it anyway.