Account Suspended

There needs to be better punishment system than this, or try to fix this without affecting anyone else who were not abusing it. I feel like staffs just kind of rushed in without investigating it further by just checking in the log and banned anyone from the very first exploit abuser, or someone who tried to attempt the 2nd code redeem because they didn't get the first reward.

There has been several people who had been affected by these when they didn't abuse the system too. The damage wasn't greatly made, and I think the players who earned enough meseta/holding AC scratches should get them all revoked.

This is why the first rule of automation is asking the question "Does this need to be automated?"

Considering the unique nature of the Brand New Rewards perk, there should not be any amount of automation when it comes to bans. Regardless of how much of a headache it is, every single instance of the ban should have been manually issued.

Especially when people are spending money already.

@LapisWave The excess items will be removed, almost for sure. A similar issue to this happened on the JP servers a few years ago with returner affixes being in the NPC unit shop. They temp banned the accounts that bought them to clear out their inventories of the glitched units, and then restored the accounts under an hour later. However, the items that were "consumed" for affixes or sold on the shop were not removed, meaning those people got away with it. If an item was already used, or changed, its probably harder to simply remove those things. In this case, it wasn't a single item type; it was a meseta crystal/premium/scratch tickets, making the situation difficult because they are all "consumables". They might be going into accounts and fixing it one at a time. The blanket temp ban was probably just an attempt to mitigate economic damage. Selling the AC items, or even buying items from the playershop with the exploited money would basically have the effect of laundering in-game money.

@Hax-Mega sounds like it is just set up to automatically suspend anyone that redeems two codes, regardless of if they got two sets of rewards.

You don't suspend people from a game for a week to "check" if they actually did something wrong or not.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Account Suspended:

@Hax-Mega sounds like it is just set up to automatically suspend anyone that redeems two codes, regardless of if they got two sets of rewards.

You don't suspend people from a game for a week to "check" if they actually did something wrong or not.

Yeah, they probably could have done something different. With something like this and with people exploiting it 5/10/15 times or, panic probably somewhat happened. I'm surprised they didn't just do an emergency maintenance immediately; although that would have affected even more people. They were kinda between a rock and a hardplace with this error. It seems like Microsoft isn't being too helpful on top of all this.

That is exactly what they did. According to GM Deynger they setup a script that anyone redeeming 2 or more codes was suspended. It is still setup too so anyone who redeems 2 in the future will get suspended too. Lazy solution to this problem.

From GM Deynger

We're still investigating. The reason why it is the way it currently is is that some people still have 2 codes, so this ban would successfully catch them as well.

@Taimara-Syn very lazy solution.

It shouldn't be code based. I know at least two people that have ultimate that will never play this game and wouldn't have thought twice I would get banned if they gave me their code. (I didn't do that, but could very easily have in the future)

@Taimara-Syn very lazy solution.

It shouldn't be code based. I know at least two people that have ultimate that will never play this game and wouldn't have thought twice I would get banned if they gave me their code. (I didn't do that, but could very easily have in the future)

This is actually exactly what happened to me, a friend with ultimate offered me their code. I took it because hey, month of free premium. Probably should have thought of this ahead of time but... hindsight is 20/20 lol.

I got an email back saying to wait the week out while they investigate. This has got to be a joke.

@GRADIO231 might as well ask for a refund from microsoft at that point.

This post is deleted!

I will be requesting a refund in the next 24 hours and will just go back to the JP version and return my Xbox to Amazon. I wanted to support the NA version but this response for their own screw up is unacceptable. This is clearly an inexperienced Customer Support team or one that just doesn't care.

Setting a script to do automatic suspensions if people redeem more than 1 code is not a solution to a problem they created. They should of tested it beforehand. Clearly they didn't. Now they punish customers for their, Sega/MS's, screw up.

Fyi, not talking about the people who abused the Game Pass Ultimate $1 trial on new accounts. They deserve the suspension at the very least.

@Taimara-Syn said in Account Suspended:

I will be requesting a refund in the next 24 hours and will just go back to the JP version and return my Xbox to Amazon. I wanted to support the NA version but this response for their own screw up is unacceptable. This is clearly an inexperienced Customer Support team or one that just doesn't care.

Setting a script to do automatic suspensions if people redeem more than 1 code is not a solution to a problem they created. They should of tested it beforehand. Clearly they didn't. Now they punish customers for their, Sega/MS's, screw up.

Fyi, not talking about the people who abused the Game Pass Ultimate $1 trial on new accounts. They deserve the suspension at the very least.

Yeah no kidding, it really sucks too because I was looking forward to this game for so long. But if this is how they handle things before the game is even released and money has been spent, I'm out. This is the first game I've ever received a suspension from and I didn't even have to try lol.

I feel your pain. I have wanted this game for a very long time and enjoy it a lot, but erroneous bans are a huge deal to me, especially considering it is automatically triggered from something that could literally be a mistake or something that wasn't meant to be exploitative.

Hope GMs look at this thread and let staffs to reconsider about this decision. Because it isn't helping on both sides, and can be resolved with better fashion.