How good is the latency if I play from SEA?

Hi, I am just currently new to the game and just doing quests on solo with NPC companions. Can I just play with my NPC companions till end game? Since I am located in the Philippines, I am afraid that if I join with other Players I might get a very high latency which will drop other players experience. Should I really worry with my latency in game/when doing co-op or not? I just read that the SEA server for PSO2 already closed and since I could not understand Japanese, I have not tried the JP server. Is this NA server or Global Server? Thank you very much!

Should be ok!

Latency has absolute 0 effect on gameplay in PSO2 so you will have 0 issues. This isn't a piece of crap game like BDO or B&S or Tera, combat and gameplay isn't affected by lag.

@ZENCHI said in How good is the latency if I play from SEA?:

Latency has absolute 0 effect on gameplay in PSO2 so you will have 0 issues. This isn't a piece of crap game like BDO or B&S or Tera, combat and gameplay isn't affected by lag.

There are some times where latency is a factor such as UQ bosses but for the most part it will be okay.

@YagyuChan said in How good is the latency if I play from SEA?:

There are some times where latency is a factor

Yeah. You're going to be at a serious permanent disadvantage in the PVP battle arena mode, but fortunately that's practically side content and almost nobody plays it anymore. The rest (like the response of button panels in the Desert and potentially follow-up enemy spawns when there are enough to spawn in a series) are somewhat minimal.

@YagyuChan said in How good is the latency if I play from SEA?:

@ZENCHI said in How good is the latency if I play from SEA?:

There are some times where latency is a factor such as UQ bosses but for the most part it will be okay.

It's really not.

Latency is a factor though, as latency affects things like your time to switch weapons, damage registration, enemy spawn time, menu loadings, area loadings, things like that.

For the most part though you won't notice it unless you're trying to be fast.

@Matt said in How good is the latency if I play from SEA?:

latency affects things like your time to switch weapons

Wait what? No wonder I've thought that was a bigger deal than others in the past!

most of PSO2 connection is player base so the latency won't be a issue in most situations so you can play without much worries about it.

@Matt said in How good is the latency if I play from SEA?:

Latency is a factor though, as latency affects things like your time to switch weapons, damage registration, enemy spawn time, menu loadings, area loadings, things like that.

For the most part though you won't notice it unless you're trying to be fast.

I play with over 350ms and have no trouble switching weapons, damage popping, enemy spawns, menu loading or anything. Despite my shit connection many times I'm the first one to load in areas. So, uh, idk

Thank you very much for your replies guys! really appreciate it 🙂