Has anyone tried making a movie using emote and in-game content?

With all the different emote and content. Like ship guild hall, personal room and battle environments. Has anyone or guild tried putting together a mini series using in game content? If show how can we show case it here on the forums?

If not does anyone have ideas on how to accomplish this goal?

Let’s talk about it?!?

With the Screenshot Studio coming soon on the Japanese side I can definitely imagine this being much more viable if no one else has attempted this yet.

Yes i have but I'd kill myself before i post them here, too much cringe.

Basically you record ingame and edit afterwards, the usual "machinima" business but it's a certain effort and requires proficiency with external software.

@RainGnyu said in Has anyone tried making a movie using emote and in-game content?:

With all the different emote and content. Like ship guild hall, personal room and battle environments. Has anyone or guild tried putting together a mini series using in game content? If show how can we show case it here on the forums?

If not does anyone have ideas on how to accomplish this goal?

Let’s talk about it?!?

This(https://twitter.com/osama_pso2/status/1080864453703348229) is something I saw a couple years ago, not exactly a 'movie', but I thought it was nice.

Edit: Also this

Very nice! It a start......

Who here has the talent to put together a group of people that can use discord as vocal voice over. That also can cut and paste scenes. Who can write script with pilots using in game created characters and emotes.

I like to be involved in something like that on ship 1.

Can't wait, the cringe will be legendary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYL5Rjn9eew I made this 6 months ago, and while there's no dialogue, some basic cinematography went into it (things like pans, cuts, etc.) and special care was put into angle changes that continue a specific emote, or even put two together from a similar position. I did this in 2 days, between my alliance quarters and a Las Vegas expedition.

I'm very much looking forward to the Screenshot Studio for expanded options as far as settings.

Not really, I had a concept for a actual mini docu-drama (partly comedy) pertaining to the games release.. Though I felt a crucial part of it was getting a SEGA interview, that never happened. So.. all of my footage got shelved. Was gonna throw in some real world encounters at the mall with some on the fly interviews. This happened right around the time of the lockdowns where I am at.

Some in-game movies would be awesome though.

@ThirdChild-ZKI said in Has anyone tried making a movie using emote and in-game content?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYL5Rjn9eew I made this 6 months ago, and while there's no dialogue, some basic cinematography went into it (things like pans, cuts, etc.) and special care was put into angle changes that continue a specific emote, or even put two together from a similar position. I did this in 2 days, between my alliance quarters and a Las Vegas expedition.

I'm very much looking forward to the Screenshot Studio for expanded options as far as settings.

That was damn good! You on ship 1 by chance? If so which block do you congregate on?

That was really nice video! I enjoyed it! Classy and elegant!

If you are looking for like whole movies, probably not. But if it is just short clips - there's tons and tons out there on Youtube or Niconico Douga. SEGA held many video contest on JP before, some are team themed and you can search for "PSO2 チームPV". Some are just small clips/music videos, if you search "PSO2 MAD".

The most recent video contest https://pso2.jp/players/event/pso20th_anniversary/moviecontest/outline/

2 categories - Lobby Action (1 min videos), and free form (10 min videos)

@HarmlessSyan said in Has anyone tried making a movie using emote and in-game content?:

If you are looking for like whole movies, probably not. But if it is just short clips - there's tons and tons out there on Youtube or Niconico Douga. SEGA held many video contest on JP before, some are team themed and you can search for "PSO2 チームPV". Some are just small clips/music videos, if you search "PSO2 MAD".

The most recent video contest https://pso2.jp/players/event/pso20th_anniversary/moviecontest/outline/

2 categories - Lobby Action (1 min videos), and free form (10 min videos)

Not to be mean! But looking for American 🇺🇸 Videos. I know JP does these type of things form time to time. I really don’t care for JP I want our version of things.......our stuff. It like me going on JP forums asking for American stuff.

Hi everyone! There are some great ideas in here! I'll let the team know that you are all budding cinematographers and that you would be interested in the contests that JP has done.

@RainGnyu Then my answer is simply this: If you don't want to see what others have done and are not convinced the niche you want does not exist then you should be the one that goes and starts it instead of criticizing and insulting others (the "not to be mean" comes off to me as a thinly-veiled insult) for not doing what you want.

@VanillaLucia said in Has anyone tried making a movie using emote and in-game content?:

@RainGnyu Then my answer is simply this: If you don't want to see what others have done and are not convinced the niche you want does not exist then you should be the one that goes and starts it instead of criticizing and insulting others (the "not to be mean" comes off to me as a thinly-veiled insult) for not doing what you want.

I am sorry .....on the real. Not to upset you but We have always been in JP shadow when it comes to this game. Yes I am personally looking for unique American type movie or short stories that the talented NA community can do.

I want to be involved in the making of a community movie adventure. Something the community can get involved in. Something I don’t think has ever been done before in gaming history.

So let’s begin with the script! Let’s develop a platform pilot line unique enough to stand on it own but in compass the spirit of PSO. Let’s communicate using the forums , let’s vote on the aspect of the endeavor using the forums and which would give Sega something they can view and watch has content of an evolving creations.

1. Script and pilot creation need to be in story form. I think need to be placed on the suggestion tab of the forums for those who want to be involved. About five pages for community read through and votes needs to not criticize but only needs the signal of approval (+1) if you stand with the plot of the script.

Not sure if the GMs can help with a voting system where no reflective comments can be made other than approvals. But if this takes off I would personally love GMs assistance in organization.

Hope I am clear and can ignite then flame up seeds of community creation.