Security Suggestion

Let the technical stuff be handled by the technical department. Again there is no security on the game itself. So the option to allow us an authentication system is necessary. Now I can understand if some of you dont want it for whatever reason. However it would be optional I assume and in which case those who want it, Like me and many others will use it while others wont. Simple as that.

If on the global side this means we can get access to something like OTP Storage (One-Time Password Storage) for utilizing that sort of function just like the Japanese side does (they have an extra 200 Storage for One-Time Password usage which requires the use of an authenticator as well as PSO2es Storage for connecting your account to Phantasy Star Online 2es for an extra 100 Storage), I would love to see this as I have an authenticator on me at all times for most of my accounts and applications that utilize one.

As it is entirely optional to utilize I do not see any issues with it being implemented for those who want to use it but the issue I can see is that we do not have access to our Sega ID's unlike the Japanese side in the case you need to pick up your authentication key if you never saved it or backed it up which may lock you out of your account and lead you into being unable to prove your ownership of the account regardless of the platform.

@VanillaLucia said in Security Suggestion:

As it is entirely optional to utilize I do not see any issues with it being implemented for those who want to use it but the issue I can see is that we do not have access to our Sega ID's unlike the Japanese side in the case you need to pick up your authentication key if you never saved it or backed it up which may lock you out of your account and lead you into being unable to prove your ownership of the account regardless of the platform.

This last part is exactly what I was explaining to OP. Unless there's some way for me to show I own the account, it's useless. But OP lacks the ability to understand what I and others were trying to convey, and would rather lash out. Which is likely what he will keep doing. The system would be nice, if it was workable, but it simply isn't. You have to link all of your external accounts together for the key to even work properly. If the game had its own email based login, and two step verification setup, specifically for accessing the game, then the idea would work, and it would also make platform hopping less of a headache. But that was my point, it doesn't have that. I also finally read OP's replies to me. Gave me a chuckle.

@Anarchy-Marine I knew you would come crawling back into this thread eventually. Welcome back. Let the technical stuff be handled by the technical department and authentication optional when implemented. Easy. Have a nice day. 👍

This post is deleted!