Security Suggestion

@KOS-MO Honestly, given that everyone here seems to be more experienced here than you on the topic, and given your so dead set on this, that you perceive everyone here to be incorrect at best, or a liar at worst, it's not worth trying to talk to you about this. You are bereft of logic and reason, and are now lashing out at anyone you disagree with.

This post is deleted!

@LazerRay Not a good idea to call people idiots on here, even when you disagree, or someone is stating a logical fallacy. You could get banned. It's considered a direct insult.

@Anarchy-Marine " Honestly, given that everyone here seems to be more experienced here than you on the topic" LMAO!! Bro you don't even know me. Get out of here. Anyways.

@KOS-MO said in Security Suggestion:

@Anarchy-Marine " Honestly, given that everyone here seems to be more experienced here than you on the topic" LMAO!! Bro you don't even know me. Get out of here. Anyways.

I see you are a toxic part of the player base other JP vets warned the rest of us about. That subset of know it all players that are typically avoided on ship 2 there. Judging by this response, and the fact you'd need a GM to tell you otherwise is quite telling.

@Anarchy-Marine Sounds like you can't accept when you're wrong. I would appreciate mature adults commenting on this thread. And something that's factual, and actually contributes. You say im toxic yet all you've done on this thread is garnish negativity. Its hilarious when you consider the fact that the intention of this thread is to PROTECT YOU more. So yeah I already know i'm right when it comes to what I'm saying, and yes until a LITERAL GM comes in here and says otherwise. So stop acting immature for not getting your way.

@KOS-MO Your the one being immature here pal. You aren't protecting me from anything. I lose my Microsoft account, I lose my only access to PSO2. Unless they switched the system to a login with an email, and password, which I can already tell by the way the game is set up, they won't, I won't have any other access. Besides that link key, there's no way to identify who I am, and thus I lose the account. I was literally active on these forums when it first hit open beta, and I was here when PC players were complaining in droves about how annoying it was to switch from a Microsoft account to a Steam account.

You are throwing a tantrum because someone who's got experience with this is explaining the futility of this fruitless effort. I can literally link a forum page where a dude was having an issue with his game, was running with a Microsoft account, was thinking about switching to Steam, and was warned about not clicking anything after booting up his Steam version, until after he got the link key from his Microsoft account.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/10632/account-link-question

Here's another one specifically mentioning account links in the title.

I've been on this forum for almost a year now, so I learned what PC players have to go through, and by extension, as a console player, even if I bought a PC I wouldn't be able to get my account back period, because there would be no way to verify I'm the owner of the account. I'd be locked out of my own account.

I'm still looking for the other thread I mentioned.

Edit:

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/10459/is-microsoft-forcing-subscriptions-to-play-pso2-online-for-pc?page=1

Here's the other forum page. The dudes launcher wasn't functioning properly. Read the whole thread in proper context.

@Anarchy-Marine Once again, that is completely irrelevant to my topic. Like you said, if you get locked out of your account or what ever the case may be its "your fault" right? so if they implemented the authentication system which is already in-place in JP and you lock yourself out than its your fault. Again don't drag everybody else down because you don't want this system. You're inability to be able to keep an authenticator without fear of being locked out of your own account is nobodies fault but your own, and to think that it is and to assume the general consensus of the player base thinks the same, shows how little you're able to grasp the perspectives of anybody other than yourself. Also for some reason you feel the need to prove yourself to me. I don't need to prove myself to you, i've been around longer than you i can promise you that, and I can promise you i know 200% more than you ever will regarding this stuff. You're doing nothing but keeping this thread hot from you personally not wanting this system but failing to see where the benefit is for every player.

@KOS-MO said in Security Suggestion:

@Anarchy-Marine Once again, that is completely irrelevant to my topic. Like you said, if you get locked out of your account or what ever the case may be its "your fault" right? so if they implemented the authentication system which is already in-place in JP and you lock yourself out than its your fault. Again don't drag everybody else down because you don't want this system. You're inability to be able to keep an authenticator without fear of being locked out of your own account is not our fault, and to think that it is and to assume the general consensus of the player base thinks the same, shows how little you're able to grasp the perspectives of anybody other than yourself. Also for some reason you feel the need to prove yourself to me. I don't need to prove myself to you, i've been around longer than you i can promise you that, and I can promise you i know 200% more than you ever will regarding this stuff. You're doing nothing but keeping this thread hot from you personally not wanting this system but failing to see where the benefit is for every player.

I'm not proving anything. I'm showing you the fault in your logic. This thread was for you and you alone, to give yourself peace of mind. You read as someone paranoid about account security, but forget the part where if you lose those other accounts, you aren't getting your PSO2 account back, because you yourself will have no way to prove you are the owner of the account. I have yet to see anyone agree with this post in the days it's been up. You haven't made any counter points that refute these truths, and have instead deflected to a strawman argument, laced with a superiority complex. I'm taking that other users advice, and selecting the not watching marker found at the top of every thread, so that I don't receive these notifications anymore.

Edit: one more thing, you only speak for yourself in theses threads, and you'd be wise to remember that. Each of us is an individual on these forums, and when you use terms like us and we, in the context you used here, you are speaking for an invisible group of people. It reads as someone who's not all there, no offense.

@Anarchy-Marine Once again you prove to the everybody watching this thread that you have no defense for my suggestion at this point other than attempting to attack me personally. However you're the run running away from this thread because you know you have nothing else to say. And for you to continue to argue in a thread that you can't seem to comprehend, It reads as someone who's not all there, no offense.

Edit: Oh and it really means something when somebody has over 1200 posts and been here "since day 1" and have 0 followers. Almost like nobody agrees with anything you say.

This actually isn't a bad idea. We do already have a 2nd password for certain things, and, as suggested in the initial post, this could just be an option individual users could enable in something like privacy settings. I don't want it to be mandatory, I'm happy with what we have and don't wanna deal with the extra complication, but other people may not be. Especially if they play from different places.

@Alexia said in Security Suggestion:

This actually isn't a bad idea. We do already have a 2nd password for certain things, and, as suggested in the initial post, this could just be an option individual users could enable in something like privacy settings. I don't want it to be mandatory, I'm happy with what we have and don't wanna deal with the extra complication, but other people may not be. Especially if they play from different places.

It might not be a bad idea, but it is impossible with how the game's account systems are set up, since they use a 3rd party account, rather than an account that they actually have control over. All they can do is block accounts from third parties from accessing the game

Just because its difficult doesn't mean its impossible. We can leave it up to Sega to figure out the logistics. If there's enough people interested, they'll find a way. It also would depend on what level of security you want. It probably wont help with major security breeches, but for some people, just having something as simple as entering a password every time you login could help keep someone like a brother or sister from hopping on your PC or console and messing with your games.

@Alexia is not that is impossible is more that is not worth it, first for being a security measure after all the info in your account is compromised, so it won't really protect anything at that point, second is that will require to change the access structure and that will demand more costs and even the risk of corrupting user data

also if you want to prevent others from using stuff in your computer nothing like this is required you can put to require a password to use applications