Add a votekicking or something for people AFK-ing in UQs, specially UH

A random player going afk mid UQ is really annoying, even more so while running ultra hard, where all DPS matters against bosses, a vote kick or something to deal with this would certainly help. I know someone will probably say "Just run with your alliance", but not everyone has an alliance nor does people manage to always form full alliance parties.

It's fine that some people need to go AFK for important reasons, but people actively AFK-ing for griefing is the issue.

Earlier I was running Wisdom Incarnate, we broke luther's arm but failed to break the shoulder before he regenerated, then player named Chryssanthi proceeds to say "NA can't dps", and just afk the rest of the fight, I reported em but I'm sure nothing will come out of the report, awhile after my party leader just left the fight since he didn't want to carry a griefer.

A vote kicking system offers to much room for abuse. Implementing a system that gives bonus rewards based on individual contribution would probably be the best solution.

Also, NGS is going to be fun: 50 man OW boss battle, time to take some screenshots after hitting it once.

I like the vote kicking system in ffxiv, sure it’s not perfect but needing a majority vote helped a lot with kicking those truly deserving of it, there was also a time elapse requirement so you couldn’t just boot people out at start.

I reported some moron today for not participating in Armada of Demise. If you don't want to play the game, that's fine, but don't waste other people's time. IDK why AFKers are showing up on UH, but it's becoming really hard to ignore now.

We need two things: Expert Matching using level 90+tasks and some way to quantify a gear score so people don't go into UH without 15 star weapons and 13 star units. I was in an MPA for Final Lament that took 25 bloody minutes recently and I don't have that kind of time to carry a bunch of bad players who don't bother bringing proper gear or skills. You should NEVER enter UH without a 15 star weapon and all 13 star units (or at least the Ofze 2/Claesis Legs combo at 12 stars), you have literally no excuse. All should be max grind level. If you do, you're holding your group back, period. The two biggest MMORPGs in the world have this gear score idea implemented already, time for PSO2 to do the same.

@BloodyKyona So what are Summoners supposed to do then? Their endgame weapon is a 14*. Soaring Blades users are also in a similar situation where the Jupiter Tullus is the best weapon up until they get access to their S5, and new players don't get a free Rivalate key/weapon for it. Gear gating doesn't work when you have ridiculous outliers like that.

@AiC-L said in Add a votekicking or something for people AFK-ing in UQs, specially UH:

@BloodyKyona So what are Summoners supposed to do then? Their endgame weapon is a 14*. Soaring Blades users are also in a similar situation where the Jupiter Tullus is the best weapon up until they get access to their S5, and new players don't get a free Rivalate key/weapon for it. Gear gating doesn't work when you have ridiculous outliers like that.

That is an issue that needs to be dealt with through proper rebalancing. I wouldn't avoid my idea just because of it. Maybe they should, I dunno, actually put 15 star pets in (maybe then Summoner could keep up at endgame, as Summoner in UH pretty much always drags everyone down precisely because of its underpowered nature). No good reason NOT to. Any class that has a better weapon outside of 15 star than in it... needs to be addressed. That or go through giving every piece of equipment its own gear score and use that, but I was trying to keep it simple.

@BloodyKyona said in Add a votekicking or something for people AFK-ing in UQs, specially UH:

maybe then Summoner could keep up at endgame, as Summoner in UH pretty much always drags everyone down precisely because of its underpowered nature

Pretty sure summoner is one of the strongest classes, I've yet to see any other class soloing Dark Vestiges on UH in less than 3:35.

@Ryoga said in Add a votekicking or something for people AFK-ing in UQs, specially UH:

@BloodyKyona said in Add a votekicking or something for people AFK-ing in UQs, specially UH:

maybe then Summoner could keep up at endgame, as Summoner in UH pretty much always drags everyone down precisely because of its underpowered nature

Pretty sure summoner is one of the strongest classes, I've yet to see any other class soloing Dark Vestiges on UH in less than 3:35.

Su just takes longer to climb the UH entry wall is all. They look worse on average due to scaling harder with investment. It's like Fi players, where they're eating dirt 24/7 up until they hit that point where they go through the mission like a blender.

We need two things: Expert Matching using level 90+tasks and some way to quantify a gear score so people don't go into UH without 15 star weapons and 13 star units. I was in an MPA for Final Lament that took 25 bloody minutes recently and I don't have that kind of time to carry a bunch of bad players who don't bother bringing proper gear or skills. You should NEVER enter UH without a 15 star weapon and all 13 star units (or at least the Ofze 2/Claesis Legs combo at 12 stars), you have literally no excuse. All should be max grind level. If you do, you're holding your group back, period. The two biggest MMORPGs in the world have this gear score idea implemented already, time for PSO2 to do the same.

This is not a viable solution and empathises the top rank player talk I fear about. (I am not a leech or AFK player before this gets thrown at me) PSO2 is reaching the end of content updates with one final STATION + in March then NGS being 3-5 months out such a solution serves to alienate the playerbase to satisfy the top 5% of players in this game. If expert matching is introduced then it should remain the same as the JP version otherwise not be introduced at all. (Yes I know it is easy but there needs to be a fair chance to allow people to climb the bar otherwise expert matching is seen as the solution for the 5% of people complaining about these issues happening since as I was told before on the censorship issue that this forum is not the entire playerbase)

@Toy-0 said in Add a votekicking or something for people AFK-ing in UQs, specially UH:

A random player going afk mid UQ is really annoying, even more so while running ultra hard, where all DPS matters against bosses, a vote kick or something to deal with this would certainly help. I know someone will probably say "Just run with your alliance", but not everyone has an alliance nor does people manage to always form full alliance parties.

It's fine that some people need to go AFK for important reasons, but people actively AFK-ing for griefing is the issue.

Earlier I was running Wisdom Incarnate, we broke luther's arm but failed to break the shoulder before he regenerated, then player named Chryssanthi proceeds to say "NA can't dps", and just afk the rest of the fight, I reported em but I'm sure nothing will come out of the report, awhile after my party leader just left the fight since he didn't want to carry a griefer.

Such a vote kicking solution is easily abused and with NGS incoming is not viable since all of the development going on currently is on NGS or the Engine update that is coming soon (March 3 for JP servers and no date yet for Global servers but doubt it is more than another 2-4 weeks from now)

@Ryoga said in Add a votekicking or something for people AFK-ing in UQs, specially UH:

Fights that revolve around abusing exclusively marrons are extremely situational and shouldn't be used as examples of summoner ability in most content.

I'm also going to tack on, the weapon used in that video isn't currently available in global. (not that this in any way changes the stance on the matter.)

@Toy-0 said in Add a votekicking or something for people AFK-ing in UQs, specially UH:

Ship 2 would be a better place without this person

alt text

@umbracaneadvocate he did same in my games tried to call out a phantom for not using zanverse while he was a hero and able to cast it himself