Can we have more transparency in global pertaining what is next in updates or a road map at least?

@Ezodagrom said in Can we have more transparency in global pertaining what is next in updates or a road map at least?:

@BloodyKyona The old version of the graphics engine is not going to be available after the update.

Note that the requirements for the engine update are still pretty low, the graphics card in the minimum requirements was a $80 graphics card in 2010.

The biggest increase in the requirements is probably the need for AVX support in the CPU, but almost every CPU since 2011 has supported AVX, except for Intel Pentium and Celeron series.

Well it's tricky. Computer isn't that old, but is a laptop. Intel Core i7 5710 HQ processor, NVIDIA 860M video, 8 GB RAM. It already gets hot playing PSO2 on the lowest settings, hence my worry. The computer was bought in 2013-2014 when it was middle-upper tier for laptops. My new computer will run it just fine, but we only really play the game together.

@BloodyKyona Specs wise that laptop is quite a bit above the new minimum specs, so it should be fine. At worst it may have to play at slightly lowered settings than the current engine, I think.

I guess we'll see how the new engine runs when compared to the current one tomorrow, since the update is arriving on the JP version tomorrow.

@Ezodagrom said in Can we have more transparency in global pertaining what is next in updates or a road map at least?:

@BloodyKyona Specs wise that laptop is quite a bit above the new minimum specs, so it should be fine. At worst it may have to play at slightly lowered settings than the current engine, I think.

I guess we'll see how the new engine runs when compared to the current one tomorrow, since the update is arriving on the JP version tomorrow.

They said the computer already gets hot on the lowest settings, so they can't lower them any more.

@Ragnawind Specs wise the laptop should be enough for more than the lowest settings, be it currently or after the update. Unfortunately laptops in general often get hot in games, but if they don't have one yet, I recommend getting a cooling pad for laptops.

@Zeke said in Can we have more transparency in global pertaining what is next in updates or a road map at least?:

They've stated NGS will be a worldwide release. Everyone gets the game at the same time. So far they have not stepped down from this.

They have stepped down from similar plans about when and how PSO2 releases happen though, especially on Global.

Since this topic is about a roadmap, I'd like to see us being completely in parity with JP eventually. Among other benefits this would mean the regular JP announcements of what's arriving in the next month of updates could be understood as what Global are getting as well.

This would mean they could either put an end to the need to maintain a separate update list to send off to translation (which it doesn't seem either Sega or the translation company have been great at historically) or they could simply unify the announcements for both services in the first place.

I still think big backend updates like the new engine could be done separately just to mitigate the potential disaster if it's found to introduce showstopping issues only after publication on JP. But once the ball is rolling with NGS it'd make their lives so much easier to just maintain both together and in the process we'd be empowered to refer to JP announcements for better news and clarification than we've seen in the lead-in to NGS.

@Zeke said in Can we have more transparency in global pertaining what is next in updates or a road map at least?:

Call me spectacle, but Sega has postponed patches at the very last minute in the past. Guess im just waiting to see it actually live than just hearing it will go live.

Well, the download for the JP update is live now, it's extremely unlikely that it'll be postponed now (if it is, those that have already downloaded the update would have to download another 9GB update).

Screenshot of the background in the ship selection menu, it's overall brighter than the background before the update (note, not using any visual mods such as reshade):

alt text

Will have to wait for tomorrow to be able to see anything more than this though.

@BloodyKyona said in Can we have more transparency in global pertaining what is next in updates or a road map at least?:

@BloodyKyona The old version of the graphics engine is not going to be available after the update.

Note that the requirements for the engine update are still pretty low, the graphics card in the minimum requirements was a $80 graphics card in 2010.

The biggest increase in the requirements is probably the need for AVX support in the CPU, but almost every CPU since 2011 has supported AVX, except for Intel Pentium and Celeron series.

Well it's tricky. Computer isn't that old, but is a laptop. Intel Core i7 5710 HQ processor, NVIDIA 860M video, 8 GB RAM. It already gets hot playing PSO2 on the lowest settings, hence my worry. The computer was bought in 2013-2014 when it was middle-upper tier for laptops. My new computer will run it just fine, but we only really play the game together.

Do you have AC or a fan blowing on it? I used to game on a laptop years ago and you’re right they can get hot! Laptop fans just aren’t big enough imo.

Call me spectacle, but Sega has postponed patches at the very last minute in the past. Guess im just waiting to see it actually live than just hearing it will go live.

Well, the download for the JP update is live now, it's extremely unlikely that it'll be postponed now (if it is, those that have already downloaded the update would have to download another 9GB update).

Screenshot of the background in the ship selection menu, it's overall brighter than the background before the update (note, not using any visual mods such as reshade):

alt text

Will have to wait for tomorrow to be able to see anything more than this though.

Yeah loving the new engine main menu already just wish the servers would open up already so I can see if things worked out for the best.

You have to wonder when things change like this; how much of an aesthetic was intended and how much of it was engine limitations? I guess the question applies to both the original screen and the engine update, with perhaps a sprinkling of whether the devs' vision has changed with the passage of time.

Don't they have 16 accessory slots now? I can only imagine the horrors people will make lol.

@Zeke It's not slots, it's a points system, some accessories will use more points than others, so most likely we'll have situations where we can have alot of small accessories, or only a few big ones.

With what was seen in the CBT streams, larger accessories or ones with physics generally cost 4 points (I didn't see higher than 4) while some of the smaller ones cost 2 at the least. At its worst, if you want to wear 4 very large accessories or ones that are intricate/move, it won't be much different than now, with more or less a hard limit of 4. If you want to wear multiple smaller fixed pieces, you have a bit more room to play with.

Bah, the urgent quest schedule for the next 2 weeks is live, and, the final boss urgent isn't here yet. :<

I guess it'll be in 2 weeks.

Bah, the urgent quest schedule for the next 2 weeks is live, and, the final boss urgent isn't here yet. :<

That's... kind of weird. I get that we might have a quiet fortnight because of a JP focus with the new engine and such, but this wouldn't have been that difficult an addition for Global and its omission means it'll be 2-4 weeks away and not last for that long before we should be getting the new engine and NGS too. Hum.

Let's just be honest: the development and release of Global has been botched on a great many levels. They went an entire month without a content update after Armada came in, they've released the end of the story long before the final UQ when they should have dropped at the same time like in JP, and it seems to be problem after problem from the shop to Fresh Finds to player trading. It's a mess. Given there is usually a seasonal quest starting mid March or so typically, does this mean Primordial Darkness and the new seasonal are gonna come at the same time? Or is the seasonal being pushed back?

I mean geez, everything has been a mess. In JP, Primordial Darkness dropped at Level 95, and prior to Luster's release; this means, without re-balancing, Global is going to crush Primordial Darkness from the start due to technically being overgeared for what is a relatively easy fight compared to Final Lament. Guides of Creation was also a normal UQ rather than just a trigger (and properly named, unlike Global which butchered the name of the quest... Mother Creator doesn't even make sense since it's a double boss). Good grief, how could they have messed up so badly?