Can we have more transparency in global pertaining what is next in updates or a road map at least?

It seems they are holding the last content update for some reason....

@LightGamer2016 said in Can we have more transparency in global pertaining what is next in updates or a road map at least?:

no one knows what is next for updates to getting parity or anything until the day of that weeks maintenance and patch

That's not quite true, they usually have an ARKS hour before they release any major content update which they generally announce 4-6 days in advance. I know many people are expecting a bigger content update for this week but I'm not so sure about that precisely because we didn't get an "ARKS hour" announcement, I still hope that we at least get the 13* unit to excube exchange...

They seem to have found another bugs with the March 3rd update on JP.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/27526/

On JP server, they found some bugs on salon, character data (the saved character creation data) and auxiliaries. Therefore, the following features will be stopped starting from the maintenance of March 3rd until the bugs are fixed.

• Save Character Data, Load Character Data
  • Customize Ensembles within the salon
  • Manage Auxiliaries feature of the salon
  • Change equipmentCustomize Equipment feature of auxiliary menu (forgot the exact name of this feature fixed)
  • Chat command "/myfashion" and "/mf"

Global server is not affected by this.

Aside from this, they still can't fix the schedule for the second NGS beta test, ended up to close the entries for the CBT2 without announcing when the test are going to be held.

Maybe their schedule is fluctuating now.

@Fiona-Respha said in Can we have more transparency in global pertaining what is next in updates or a road map at least?:

They seem to have found another bugs with the March 3rd update on JP.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/27526/

On JP server, they found some bugs on salon, character data (the saved character creation data) and auxiliaries. Therefore, the following features will be stopped starting from the maintenance of March 3rd until the bugs are fixed.

• Save Character Data, Load Character Data
  • Customize Ensembles within the salon
  • Manage Auxiliaries feature of the salon
  • Change equipment feature of auxiliary menu (forgot the exact name of this feature)
  • Chat command "/myfashion" and "/mf"

Global server is not affected by this.

Aside from this, they still can't fix the schedule for the second NGS beta test, ended up to close the entries for the CBT2 without announcing when the test are going to be held.

Maybe their schedule is fluctuating now.

This is to be expected since this is such a large scale update and expansion to the current game so I can understand they want to get it right completely. As for the beta test depending on when the bugs are fixed I would say either near the end of the month or the beginning of the next month but this is just me guessing.

@Ryoga I don't watch that? I rather have a site announcement entry on the main site. I don't use twitter either.

Just what is in that Arks Hour, but on the main site or just a "what to expect next update" and have it all listed there.

@LightGamer2016 said in Can we have more transparency in global pertaining what is next in updates or a road map at least?:

But there's is no dates for the graphic update or anything that is left. They won't even tell us what is on 3/3 and just a stupid set of campaigns instead. Its just really bad leaving us in the dark every week. If we are to be delayed, just say so.

Pso2 devs said the graphics update for JP got pushed back due to it not being ready.

It's pretty obvious we aren't getting it soon and really doubtful that PSO2 NGS will come out in spring.

@Zeke The delay was only 2 weeks, the graphics update is releasing in the JP version in a couple days.

Though, seems like the issues are not fully fixed yet, seems like some functionalities will be disabled once the updated arrives on the JP version according to @Fiona-Respha (mostly related to the salon/fashion).

@Ezodagrom said in Can we have more transparency in global pertaining what is next in updates or a road map at least?:

@Zeke The delay was only 2 weeks, the graphics update is releasing in the JP version in a couple days.

Though, seems like the issues are not fully fixed yet, seems like some functionalities will be disabled once the updated arrives on the JP version according to @Fiona-Respha (mostly related to the salon/fashion).

Call me spectacle, but Sega has postponed patches at the very last minute in the past. Guess im just waiting to see it actually live than just hearing it will go live.

They have, but extremely rarely. In the last 8 years, I've seen patches postponed like... never, except when Covid hit.

Also the DDoS thing.

Also... spectacle.

@YagyuChan Surely, this can be expected, but I feel a bit sad about the delay as one counting the days until NGS.

Anyway, I'm sure they will put in the graphical update this week (else they won't bother to do some unusual measure like stopping services). Hope they won't find anything worse during the update!

I'd rather we actually get NGS at a reasonable timeframe. So absolutely, a timeline or idea of how far behind JP we'll be would be nice. If we end up being an eternal second-class I might just play JP instead of NA. The rush to catch up seemed to be central to the idea of parity with NGS, but if we're weeks or even months behind in content as an afterthought, then I'm personally not going to bother.

@Caboozles-0 said in Can we have more transparency in global pertaining what is next in updates or a road map at least?:

I'd rather we actually get NGS at a reasonable timeframe. So absolutely, a timeline or idea of how far behind JP we'll be would be nice. If we end up being an eternal second-class I might just play JP instead of NA. The rush to catch up seemed to be central to the idea of parity with NGS, but if we're weeks or even months behind in content as an afterthought, then I'm personally not going to bother.

They've stated NGS will be a worldwide release. Everyone gets the game at the same time. So far they have not stepped down from this.

I hope they have an option to use the original lower graphics once they update. I have friends who'll have to quit otherwise. Else I hope the graphics update gets delayed for another couple months, at least until NGS drops.

@BloodyKyona The old version of the graphics engine is not going to be available after the update.

Note that the requirements for the engine update are still pretty low, the graphics card in the minimum requirements was a $80 graphics card in 2010.

The biggest increase in the requirements is probably the need for AVX support in the CPU, but almost every CPU since 2011 has supported AVX, except for Intel Pentium and Celeron series.