VR UQ woes

@Ezodagrom said in VR UQ woes:

@Milk Etoile's double saber has an automatic high damage resistance mechanic. The double saber focus bar is divided in 3 parts, if you have at least one part filled, an enemy attack will do alot less damage at the cost of 1 of those focus parts.

Ahh that explains it! Thank you very much, I used to play exclusively wand so I’m still learning this weapon.

Ah yes, the forum always deliver the most unbelievable made up issues with the game. Game's fine and perfect, you're complaining for your own lack of skill letting everyone know you're bad at the game and want to stay bad with no intention of improving. If you can't do this content and don't want to get better, THIS CONTENT IS NOT FOR YOU.

@Milk said in VR UQ woes:

I only play with japanese audio too so I don’t know what line to listen for, I just try to look for visual clues but it would be nice to know what line it was.

I cannot speak Japanese so correct me if I am wrong. When I hear Amani (JP voice) I activate phantom time then use finisher, and it works every time, and the time window is quite wide, you have 3+ sec to respond to it.

@Cakewalk said in VR UQ woes:

I only play with japanese audio too so I don’t know what line to listen for, I just try to look for visual clues but it would be nice to know what line it was.

I cannot speak Japanese so correct me if I am wrong. When I hear Amani (JP voice) I activate phantom time then use finisher, and it works every time, and the time window is quite wide, you have 3+ sec to respond to it.

You can hear almost the whole phrase, see her float a bit, point her sword upward, rise a shield and if you hit her after all this, you get frozen. There are many many many signs to notice it, I only got hit when I was reading messages on my second montior when fighting or when I accidentally luster stepped.

The best way to see that it's happening imo is to watch the floor around her for a small red circle. It looks a lot like the larger one she sends out when she's about to die, but it's about 3 characters standing around her long. It's the easiest way to notice if you've got everyone piled on her and can't see anything (or don't play with the sound)

@ZENCHI said in VR UQ woes:

If you can't do this content and don't want to get better, THIS CONTENT IS NOT FOR YOU.

Actually that part is debatable as UQs are deliberately designed to attract an as large of an audience as possible which ofc. would also include "the bad players" and legitimize their complaints. This is different from stuff like Phaleg where the game goes out of its way to tell you that you "don't have to do this" and the reward for beating her is purely "trophy" in nature. But even if we grant that "some UQs" are not for "bad players" this would still mean that SEGA would have to provide alternatives as cutting out big parts of the player base from one of the main aspects of this genre would not be in their best interest.

@ZENCHI said in VR UQ woes:

@Cakewalk said in VR UQ woes:

You can hear almost the whole phrase, see her float a bit, point her sword upward, rise a shield and if you hit her after all this, you get frozen. There are many many many signs to notice it, I only got hit when I was reading messages on my second montior when fighting or when I accidentally luster stepped.

Pretty sure she pulls out TMGs for the counter version. The one where she points upwards is the desperation attack where she just energy pulses everyone after timestopping them.

@Phill-N-Kills said in VR UQ woes:

The best way to see that it's happening imo is to watch the floor around her for a small red circle. It looks a lot like the larger one she sends out when she's about to die, but it's about 3 characters standing around her long. It's the easiest way to notice if you've got everyone piled on her and can't see anything (or don't play with the sound)

That is exactly what I posted a while back, watching the floor below Shiva is how I spot the warning for the 1-shot counter, since I'm too far away and my weapon is too loud to hear the audio cues.

I finally, finally got S rank with a flawless group. It was magical, after so many bad runs I felt so overwhelmingly joyful. Nobody fell for Shiva’s move, either. I’m watching more closely for patterns since some of her moves look similar at the start.

I really don't care about the Shiva part since there's no time limit there, my concern is whether or not the group can shoot down the enemy ships in the fleet battle and not let the turrets be destroyed by the corrupt AIS and finish off all the following lumimechs and later on destroy the Exegul and whatever that other thing is called. I have only had two S-rank finishes.

I finally, finally got S rank with a flawless group. It was magical, after so many bad runs I felt so overwhelmingly joyful. Nobody fell for Shiva’s move, either. I’m watching more closely for patterns since some of her moves look similar at the start.

Pretty sure S rank is based on points, but I suppose if people are dying it's hard to get enough. Regardless, people are learning the fight.

@Foxfire15 said in VR UQ woes:

Pretty sure S rank is based on points, but I suppose if people are dying it's hard to get enough. Regardless, people are learning the fight.

It was the only fight so far that everyone went after the flying mobs so that makes sense. My bad runs usually has 5-6 people constantly dying so nothing gets burned down fast enough.

Welp just ran it today before work. First run half the group abandoned so had to start over, second run our DPS was so low it took around 23 minutes. I didn’t gear check but I can only assume we had players with really bad gear, in UH. Someone said “worst ever” at the end, pretty much sums it up.