How I hope Power is calculated (and the way it shouldn't be.)

Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis has a new system that allows the game to rate your equipment, a "Power Level" of sorts. However, the power level calculation is up for debate currently, and there is definitely one way that SHOULDN'T BE USED

Adding up all of the Weapon Palette Power Levels (IE: Not To Be Used)

As an example, let's say our Quest Instance requires Power of 9001

Weapon 1 + Units = Power of 9110
Weapon 2 + Same Units = Power of 9210
Weapon 3 + Same Units = Power of 8990
Weapon 4 + Same Units = Power of 9250

Using this information, we can find out that the value of the units are always the same. So, let's say, they're 8000 total. This means, that the values of each weapon are as follows:

Weapon 1 = 1110
Weapon 2 = 1210
Weapon 3 = 990
Weapon 4 = 1250

The system in this case will make your power level equal to 8000 + (1110 + 1210 + 990 + 1250), which is 12560

This means that you can get into the instance, despite the individual palette total of Weapon 3 being below 9001. Thus, defeating the purpose of having the power level system at all. There is one way, I specifically hope that the palettes are actually calculated and that's...

Counting Each Weapon Palette Power Level Separately

Once more, we'll use a Quest Instance requiring a Power of 9001

Weapon 1 + Units = Power of 9110
Weapon 2 + Same Units = Power of 9210
Weapon 3 + Same Units = Power of 8990
Weapon 4 + Same Units = Power of 9250

The game won't let you in because one of your weapon palettes (Weapon 3) doesn't add up to the required power. The alternative would be to simply grey out that weapon palette and still let you in, but disallow you to switch to that weapon.

I wonder if it counts upgrades too, if they still exist. Because if it doesn't, it won't help much, although it's still better than entering a mission without units.