(Humor) The dumbest reason you’ve died

Playing Battle Arena at all. 🙄 The majority of my deaths in that just shouldn't be possible, like opponents walking into a defensive Nagrants and killing me while standing inside it because the server hears they killed me before it hears they committed suicide to Nagrants.

Leaving that aside though, the weirdest one was when my controller failed during the Episode 4 LQ. It did so in a way that also disabled most keyboard input excepting like movement and menus. I ended up resetting my entire UI during the LQ to try and fix the mystery input problem (unwittingly turning on voice chat in the process to the amusement of the party - why is voice chat on by default btw?) before unplugging the controller restored keyboard controls and let me move from where I'd been revived and catch up to the others who'd almost advanced two areas by that point. We still won!

The dumbest was fat-fingering a Shifta subpalette input at the start of the second area of Trick or Treat, causing me to Ilzonde into exploding barrels.

Had a Deus Esca run where, just before he did his big avoidable one-shot, someone goes: "Imagine dying to this, the easiest dodge in the game"

And then my dog jumped onto my lap and I dropped my controller.... 🙃

I was running in the Volcanic Caves got hit by a fire pillar, it knocked me into a trap as my character stood up rocks fell on me.

@janejana said in (Humor) The dumbest reason you’ve died:

Had a Deus Esca run where, just before he did his big avoidable one-shot, someone goes: "Imagine dying to this, the easiest dodge in the game"

And then my dog jumped onto my lap and I dropped my controller.... 🙃

My cat is to blame for a lot of dumb moves. Once she decided to suckerpunch me in the gut basically by jumping on me and then licked my nose. Instant “nooooo!”

@Milk Mocked my mate for missing his counter and dying. Only to get bodied right after because I stopped momentarily to catch my breath from laughing so hard.

@Knight-Raime said in (Humor) The dumbest reason you’ve died:

@Milk Mocked my mate for missing his counter and dying. Only to get bodied right after because I stopped momentarily to catch my breath from laughing so hard.

Favorite one so far and I’ve completely done this to my friends in other games. When you’re in the middle of cry-laughter nothing can save you from yourself.

My favorite way to die is trading deaths with another party member. Revive someone using a Moon but just as you lose your iframes from Atomizer Fanatic, the boss attacks and kills you immediately. It happen more often than I'd like to admit against Exelgur.

Also since I play Summoner most of time, it's difficult to see how much damage Marron has taken with the big numbers and effects on the screen, so I sometimes end up dying by a combo of my Marron exploding and the boss attacking me afterwards.

@Meikoloid said in (Humor) The dumbest reason you’ve died:

My favorite way to die is trading deaths with another party member. Revive someone using a Moon but just as you lose your iframes from Atomizer Fanatic, the boss attacks and kills you immediately. It happen more often than I'd like to admit against Exelgur.

Also since I play Summoner most of time, it's difficult to see how much damage Marron has taken with the big numbers and effects on the screen, so I sometimes end up dying by a combo of my Marron exploding and the boss attacking me afterwards.

That happens to my husband a lot, then I get to use my moons on him. Woo moon train!

I’m scared of Marron for this reason and only use Melon. I know I’d blow myself up. 😧

I can say what I ALMOST died to that was ridiculously dumb. I was on the Train Ghidran ARKS quest in the second area right before the boss where nothing spawns at and went afk to do something. I came back at half health and on fire. Tokyo heat waves are brutal, and never knew it was a thing until that time, unless something else I don't know about happened.

In pvp, every once in a while on the volcano map when I have the talis, I'll accidentally doubletap and trigger a dodge that slowly places me directly into lava and I always feel like an idiot when it happens.

I'd say dying to Deus Esca one-shot phase change the first time you're playing it isn't dumb since it's "working as intended", just like the Shiva shield thing. Then again, getting distracted at an inopportune moment can happen, like it happened to me once.

Learning to play Etoile’s Double Saber for the first time launched me backwards into lava but luckily it was a close save! I tend to learn new classes by how close to death I get...

Getting knocked into a Nav/Nab Rappy's peck (which it was doing to attack a falspawn) by a knockback attack from an emergency code boss.

I died in UH Luther the other day as ET. I was attacking his nose-beak thing and then he did the attack where he shoots a bunch of shots out of his mouth. I happened to be positioned in just the right place so that I face tanked every single shot.

In story mode when I first started playing on global, I was level 56 and just beat PD. The next quest was "The Significance of Being Here" and at first I thought that I just forgot to buy some mate items, it wasn't until Anga that I realized that I was fighting level 80 enemies.