(Humor) The dumbest reason you’ve died

This has been one big bad week of dumb circumstances so it had me thinking just how common really stupid deaths are in this game!

Reason #1 My cat got jealous of the game and decided to sit on my wrist and managed to not only crush my arm and controller but also pull out the cord. 😑

Reason #2 I spilled hot soup on myself because I thought it was a good idea to eat molten lava while catching an UQ

Reason #3 I sneezed so hard I gave myself a nosebleed, thanks winter!

So what’s your dumbest death? Was it your fault? Did fate just have it out for you today?

Standing Snipe greed back when i played BrRa a lot more

Lagging during a Deus Esca run back in the day on the Japanese server since we failed the DPS check and he did his full stage slash across the map killing 11/12 people including me in the process.

Once when I was in a UQ my mouse ran out power preventing me from blocking with my Hunter/Etoile Partizan killing her (I don’t use automate on her because I think automate is a crutch).

The very first time I played Super Hard on the Japanese side I was trying to fight the Vol Dragon to try and complete a client order while being severely undergeared to do so. After I had won the fight I learned the hard way that bosses falling can still deal damage and died shortly after defeating the Vol Dragon because it crushed me.

When someones SA popped in front of my screen blocking my character and whatever hit me from the front view..

Let my wife play while I answer the door.

Accidentally hitting safoie zero instead of restsa, and doing a headlong kamikaze attack, straight into a raging enemy

@VanillaLucia said in (Humor) The dumbest reason you’ve died:

The very first time I played Super Hard on the Japanese side I was trying to fight the Vol Dragon to try and complete a client order while being severely undergeared to do so. After I had won the fight I learned the hard way that bosses falling can still deal damage and died shortly after defeating the Vol Dragon because it crushed me.

I did this, too! I warn loved ones about it as a cautionary tale now.

I often try to predict the mechanics, but whenever the target moves or I predict the direction incorrectly...

Death by stun lock or laser to the face.

Died multiple times cause my pet took some massive boss hit when alter ego harmony wasnt a thing.

@Lwyu said in (Humor) The dumbest reason you’ve died:

When someones SA popped in front of my screen blocking my character and whatever hit me from the front view..

I have had a similar situation when someone had an autochat cut-in fire off and I couldn't see an incoming boss attack. (This is the main reason I complain about spammy autochat cut-ins, you can't see what is going on)

@LazerRay Still looking for any autochat changes in NGS on CBT livestreams, so hopefully the bubbles will be much smaller this time around.

I setup my autochat for fun, but I do notice it being triggered far more often than I'd like.

@MasterDarkwingz said in (Humor) The dumbest reason you’ve died:

I setup my autochat for fun, but I do notice it being triggered far more often than I'd like.

Autochat related tip: Add blank spaces to various autochat conditions so that sometimes you say nothing for certain happenings. This can reduce autochat spam for more common happenings.

As for the topic at hand: Pretty much any boss where I deal the final blow and die at the same time. The fun of being dead when the loot crystal shows up. This most commonly happens at Ship Infiltration since you can still die after the main end boss is defeated, but it won't change rank when this happens.

I got killed by nothing one time. I was in an urgent, and was heading for a boss, and I was behind every other player, got knocked back by something invisible, the resulting damage killed me. Could have been lag related, but on my end I was hit by nothing.