NGS Personal Shop "Information" Elaboration

https://www.pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngpersonalshop

• Information – such as the seller’s name of an item for sale in the Personal Shop of PSO2:NGS – will be accessible and available by search for those who obtain specific titles.
    • This function is to be implemented as a measure to prevent RMT, and we will continue to monitor economic activity and enact countermeasures should it become necessary.

Basically to reiterate:

Without this title, you will not be able to search personal shops by player name/ID/character, and will not be able to click on the friend/alliance member to see their personal shop from those lists.

In addition, player names/IDs/character names should not appear on personal shop listings until you obtain this title as well.

On top of all of that, we will be getting a new Sale History system a la Final Fantasy XIV, so we can see who's been undercutting/etc. (Names/etc. will not show as per above restrictions.)

I'm actually okay with this, honestly. We knew the shop system would change, and this will hurt RMT quite a lot. I don't think I've ever searched for a specific person's shop other than just being curious what my alliance members were selling.

@Kragwulf said in NGS Personal Shop "Information" Elaboration:

I'm actually okay with this, honestly. We knew the shop system would change, and this will hurt RMT quite a lot. I don't think I've ever searched for a specific person's shop other than just being curious what my alliance members were selling.

Sale history will also help.

I'm still pissed off that they removed straight-up item trading. It's all to curb the "Buy Meseta 5% off!" spam in the lobbies? Why not force players to earn a title to use lobby chat the same way described above?

I miss the way it worked in PSO. Just trade directly with people, or gasp drop an item straight on the ground within the game lobby. TSUMIKIRI J-SWORD be damned.

@Rager said in NGS Personal Shop "Information" Elaboration:

drop an item straight on the ground within the game lobby.

This actually flags for automated banning in Vanilla PSO2 if you drop a consumable like a monomate in a quest instance with multiple people. Some people even wrote a thread about it here, somewhere.

@coldreactive said in NGS Personal Shop "Information" Elaboration:

This actually flags for automated banning in Vanilla PSO2 if you drop a consumable like a monomate in a quest instance with multiple people. Some people even wrote a thread about it here, somewhere.

Haha that's pretty funny. 🤣

Use an in-game feature? BANHAMMER!

Well the sale history will be nice at least, I’ll at least have some idea of what I should be charging or paying. I’ve never searched player shops so don’t care that much about the changes, hope it helps them though.

I always sell for about half the price that the lowest seller is at. So, is this meant for players benefit, or is it supposed to flag players for investigation or something?

I literally only sell when I want(need) something right now like there’s a good deal or it’s the very last one and the panic sets in. I only charge for the amount I need to buy the thing I want. I’m sure it looks suspicious as hell so I usually write in my shop profile advertisement that I’m trying to buy X thing because otherwise why would someone be selling something worth 50m for 15m? Because Milk doesn’t wanna wait for shiny new thing, that’s all! I need instant-sales.

I know several people keep an eye on my shop(from their Kudos comments) so this title restriction might have an effect for a minute at least.