There are a few notable differences between the Japanese and English NA version of PSO2, this information should clarify a few things. Most things listed here will likely be made available within the near future, with the exception of regional content - which may be repurposed for NA regional access.
Here's a Video Version to see the differences as examples:
Technical / Regional Differences
- Xbox has Voice Chat built into the game.
- NA uses a different set of fonts.
- NA Xbox Version will log in without prompt for password like JP PC.
- JP has 10 Ships, NA has 3 Ships.
- PC Cross Play has been hinted at, but is not completely confirmed as far as it's capacity yet.
- Other platform versions are unconfirmed, but hinted at.
- NetCafe options, points and vendors are not present.
- PSO2es Vendor (Seraphy) & PSO2es storage are not present.
- NA has Game & Mission passes, whereas JP does not.
- Nanon re-positioned to Photon Drop / Badge shop area.
- Episode : JP Ep. 6 / NA Ep. 3.
- Personal Quarters Crafting is not available yet.
- Tokyo, Las Vegas & Enchanted Forests areas are not available yet.
- Some Extreme Quests are yet to be added.
- Content tied to Episode 4-6 may be unavailable in regards to items, weapons, units, mag devices & AC/ fun related items.
- Shirona's Treasure Shop is not available. Possibly replaced with the Fresh Finds store.
Gear Differences & Availability
- No Old Type weapons in NA (therefore no need for -NT suffix)
- 14+☆ Weapons and 12+☆ Units are not yet available
- Some Affixes are not yet available
- There is 1 Takt / Harmonizer in the game currently. The one you start with.
- NA does not have 'Magazine Item Code Weapons' ( Chronos Scythe/Nacht, Tradicion/Nacht, Phyteuma/Licht etc.)
Quest availability Unavailable in NA at this point in time:
- Bonus Quests (Ep. 4)
- Buster Quests (Ep. 5)
- Endless Quests
- Ultimate Quests
- Riding Quest
- Trigger Quests
- Challenge Quests
- Battle Arena
Character / Class Availability
- The current Level cap is 75. In turn Sub-Class level caps out around 55. To further level it, you must change this to your main class.
- PA & Tech discs cap at Level 10.
- Level cap trials I & II have been removed.
- Successor / Scion Classes not in yet - Hero, Phantom and Etoile.
- Skill trees are missing some of the skills that came in later episodes. If you're using the build website links, be sure to toggle for PSO2 NA.
- There are height restrictions below 154cm on the NA version.
- Complex PAs are not in yet.
- Dark Blast forms are not in yet.
Terminology Changes (JP) > (NA)
- Teams > Alliances
- Featured Quests > Recommended Quests
- Free Field / Expedition
- Training Quests / Practice Quests
- Darker > Falspawn
- Dark Falz [Double] > Dark Falz [Gemini]
- Massive Hunter > Hunter Physique
- Limit Break > Overload
- Freeze/Poison Ignition > Freeze/Poison Detonation
- Rare Mastery Class > Arms Enthusiast Class
- Gear > Focus
- Point Assist > Summoner's Mark
- One More Jump/Showtime > Encore Jump/Showtime
- Every Single Braver Photon Art
- Dual Blades > Soaring Blades
- Gunslash > Gunblade
Thanks to the following contributors:
- GM Deynger
- Fiona Respha
Let me know if there's anything else I should add to this list.