JP / NA Differences

Yeah, it's likely scaled with level.

It's not scaled with level... and never was. Can people stop saying this already? Jesus.

The cap was 30 when the level cap was less than 60 (aka 40, 50, 55, 60).
Then it became 50/55 when the level cap was less than 80 (aka 70, 75, 80)
And now it's 70 in JP and the cap in JP is 95 (85, 90, 95).

IT is entirely up to SEGA if they change the sub class cap level.

@AnamanaAU said in JP / NA Differences:

Added a few more updates to this tonight! Will have a video out shortly, which I'll add to the top post.

Please don't ignore what I posted. Stuff like auto-login without password isn't a regional difference

There's a list of terminology differences here: https://github.com/SynthSy/PSO2-Dictionary/wiki

It's a work in progress, so feel free to fork + contribute if you like! \ o /

@Cathy said in JP / NA Differences:

@AnamanaAU said in JP / NA Differences:

Added a few more updates to this tonight! Will have a video out shortly, which I'll add to the top post.

Please don't ignore what I posted. Stuff like auto-login without password isn't a regional difference

Well, you technically first have to link a SEGA ID, via login, to your Playstation Network account. That might be why they're not adding it.

@Aida-Enna That point specifically compares the Xbox version with PC version. And besides Easy Login on PS4 exists and behaves exactly like the login of the Xbox version.

Not any 'major' difference but, I made a video covering a few of the changes made to the game's various Opening videos:

https://youtu.be/DdhPGjoHZDg

@Reilet said in JP / NA Differences:

Yeah, it's likely scaled with level.

It's not scaled with level... and never was. Can people stop saying this already? Jesus.

The cap was 30 when the level cap was less than 60 (aka 40, 50, 55, 60).
Then it became 50/55 when the level cap was less than 80 (aka 70, 75, 80)
And now it's 70 in JP and the cap in JP is 95 (85, 90, 95).

IT is entirely up to SEGA if they change the sub class cap level.

I mean, you don't have to be rude about it. If someone isn't aware and is making a guess, they're not stating facts. Relax.

Don't forget that Cross Cut is the NA name for Over End.

@AnamanaAU

I wouldn't be so "rude" about it if so many people kept saying it which leads to other people saying it because someone else said it as well as because it "makes sense i guess"... Which leads to a spread of misinformation.

Like, it's not hard to just do some research about it to confirm it instead of just guessing. "It's not in english" is too hard for people eh?

Big glaring difference right now:

Aura weapon drops. They were a collection file and in JP drop from level 76-80 (XH territory) Chrome Dragon. They can drop in SH expeditions, which is level 71 enemies. (Cant confirm, but I believe it is still from Chrome, normal variant only).

Form weapons. These dropped from Las Vegas enemies, but there is currently no Las Vegas enemies, so I am assuming it drops from a boss that can "invade" Las Vegas through an Emergency Code. (Vol Dragon is one that someone mentioned this morning)

I would apply the theory that level 76-80 13* drops and 11 star units are currently in this version of the game. Which would mean an alternative to getting Lightning 13* weapons would be killing Banser on SH (rare variant of Fang bosses).

Considering these developments, weapon farming might once more be the most beneficial in a 12 person MPA exploration or by running SH time trials.

@Reilet said in JP / NA Differences:

@AnamanaAU

I wouldn't be so "rude" about it if so many people kept saying it which leads to other people saying it because someone else said it as well as because it "makes sense i guess"... Which leads to a spread of misinformation.

Like, it's not hard to just do some research about it to confirm it instead of just guessing. "It's not in english" is too hard for people eh?

Nobody owes you that level of respect, my dude. We're all trying to share information, if you're going to come in with this level of aggression, maybe you need to take a sit out. You're not contributing to anything worthwhile with this chip.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in JP / NA Differences:

Aura weapon drops. They were a collection file and in JP drop from level 76-80 (XH territory) Chrome Dragon. They can drop in SH expeditions, which is level 71 enemies. (Cant confirm, but I believe it is still from Chrome, normal variant only).

Form weapons. These dropped from Las Vegas enemies, but there is currently no Las Vegas enemies, so I am assuming it drops from a boss that can "invade" Las Vegas through an Emergency Code. (Vol Dragon is one that someone mentioned this morning)

I would apply the theory that level 76-80 13* drops and 11 star units are currently in this version of the game. Which would mean an alternative to getting Lightning 13* weapons would be killing Banser on SH (rare variant of Fang bosses).

Considering these developments, weapon farming might once more be the most beneficial in a 12 person MPA exploration or by running SH time trials.

This would be awesome to get more confirmation on. I'll have to keep an eye out myself.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in JP / NA Differences:

The vast majority of 13-14* weapons always dropped from lv71+, not from 76+ as swiki would have you believe. There's only a handful of exceptions such as Ares NT. Some 15* even drop from lv71 on JP currently, Dio Hunar's stuff being among those just as an example.

As for Aura weapons, they would actually normally drop from Odin in JP, and only drop from Chrome with a seasonal title. That they drop in NA now is still a pretty big version difference though.

so, now were sent back to 2014? lol. . . its like we got sent back in time - _ - why. . just why. . .

i was really hyped for this, but so seems the hype was meehhhh.... why i stick to all JP games including brave exvius, brave frontier, grand summoner and basically any game thats roots are in japan.

thank you so much though for posting this, i already suspected and KNEW that it would be like this when i hear it was coming to console then PC in NA region... but its good to get a solid reinforced post confirming.

@MelodyKLZE , sorta... the content is being 'artificially' gated... that is they didn't actually release an older version of the game in the West; it is the Episode 6 client with Episode 6 bug fixes, balances and features. I can't even say we went back to 2014 since how 'ahead' things are varies per content in question:

Areas and Story: Episode 3 (2014) Urgent Quests: Episode 2 (2013) Classes: Episode 4 (2015)

As a result, content releases from here on out is just unlocking the content already in the game's files over time and admittedly, it appears that Episode 4 is not too long a wait given where are at now. As the community team specified, we will be caught up with JP by the end of the year.

I do not know if it was mentioned yet, Mission Tiers require 200SG to get the gold tier for that, and the gold tier tends to have items you would otherwise get through either ac scratch, and thus sellable, and FUN SCRATCH, emphasis there because now there is gonna be hairstyles that you could easily get through fun scratch or buy off the player shop, now barred behind that, they just recently put Wild Ponytail there, that used to be a Fun Scratch hairstyle in the JP version.

Also there has been some censorship possibly going around, first off, people mentioned the height limit being set higher, that's not all, we currently have the Smart Inner layer innerwear that was removed outright, so we only have one default innerwear, and it's the one that is pretty intrusive towards Basewears, so you're gonna have to spend a 100k+ meseta just to get a good innerwear that wont ruin your basewear look. (Yes, I know the innerwear that got removed is very skimpy and i get why they'd censor it, but it served a good purpose of not messing up your basewear by putting an atrocious white top under most basewears, they could've easily modified it to look more like a basic underwear but yeah.

Due to the whole thing being through the Xbox account, friending players will also require you to look at a player's gamercard or so, and if they have it set so nobody can see their profiles, you pretty much cannot friend them, since it blocks out the "View Gamercard" option.